vs Boston Celtics Tuesday November 2 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'November 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Frankly, I just hope this doesn't go any further. I can see drunken fans yelling "Charlie V.--you are cancerous to your team as well as the league". This thing could really blow up.
  2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I agree with the fact that what transpired would hurt KG more in the long run. What I really don't believe is, upon hearing KG, CV thinking "man, I want to punch him in the face, but hey, it would be a lot more damaging if I tweet about it later on and expose him".

And he tweets about how mad he is that he wants a cage match with the guy. CV is a wuss. He couldn't stand up to the stupid bully that KG is, and instead came home and wrote in his diary how mean he was and how he would totally beat him up if he had the chance. Pre-twitter, that stuff would've ended up in his Hello Kitty diary and nobody would've known what happened.

KG is a jerk and what he said was cold. But, that doesn't change the fact that CV is a wuss in a man's league.

Just think about how Sheed would've reacted to something like that (not that KG would've had the balls to call Sheed anything).
  3. Walter

The way CV handled it, he made sure that it will linger for a long time.
  4. Mr. Big Shot

Mr. Big Shot First Round Draft Pick

I agree that CV handled it poorly. Even if KG did call him a cancer patient, that doesn't mean he was being insensitive to people with cancer.

He's insulting YOU Charlie, and you alone. This was a wuss move, it doesn't take any courage or character to post the event on twitter after the game and claim that he would love to fight KG.......meanwhile the team is on a plane going to Atlanta, very far away from the Celtics.

That's what I loved about Sheed, he talked big, but he backed it up. CV cannot. He stinks as a defender and acted cowardly in this case. In the same way that we are on a forum making comments outside of the action, CV is did the same...off the court after the game.

I simply do not get it. If you read his tweets and had never seen him play, you would think he had a ton of heart, all those things about "Turning it around" and "B3lieving", but he doesn't.
  5. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

What's up with all this "wuss", "the manly way", "the tough guy act" and stuff like that? It's not the 18th century, today you blog or tweet your revenge. The days when it was "manly" to finish a blowout victory over alopecians by calling the weakest one of them a cancer patient is long gone.

Making CAS the villain in this spectacle might make sense to some people...

...in BIZARRO WORLD.
  6. Walter

Nobody's making CV the villain. We all agree that KG is the jerk.

I wouldn't even comment about CV tweeting about this if he hadn't said that he'd love to get in a ring with KG so he can show him. He isn't intimidating anybody. I work with people like CV. They are mighty brave in the digital world, but can't even look you in the eye during a discussion in a meeting. CV is pretending to be a tough guy who can take KG out if given a chance. In reality, I bet you he didn't even glare at KG.

CV is a nice guy, but a tough guy he ain't. He should just stop pretending to be one.
  7. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Charlie V looks like a little "B".... First off, what is said on the court should stay on the court. Secondly, what did he say to KG? You should not engage in trash talk if you have a thin skin or can't take what you dish out. I also think Charlie V is not very bright. You mean to tell me he couldn't come up with a quick comeback? KG is certainly not on People's magazines beautiful list. If he didn't like what was said get in KG's grill.

I already didn't have much respect for for Charlie after his domestic violence arrest. I have less respect for him now.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The Twitter move was a punk move, remember when McDyess (one of the nicest players in the NBA) stood toe to toe with KG and was ready for whatever! Dyess was a warrior, Lottery Ticket? Well.......... he's not.
  9. Walter

Lottery Charlie. I really like that.
  10. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Totally agree.
  11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agreed. The CV criticism is getting a little extreme in here. There is no creed to keep what is said on the court a secret. Players have mikes on all the time these days in pro sports. Fans in attendance can hear what is being said very clearly. I also don't get how the only honorable outcome for CV is violence. Really? The only way to be "cool" is to attack KG? That's weak. I think some people are letting their CV bias get in the way of rational judgement.
  12. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I hear what you are saying, but, why did CV say he wished he could get KG in a boxing match? This implies he wants to attack KG. Well CV was on the court with KG. Why didn't he do something? If he felt that strongly who cares about getting fined or suspended go and do what the other players do shove the guy down and hand fight him with out throwing a punch. He didn't even get in KG's face and get a tech.

It sounds to me like CV went home got some liquid courage and took to twitter to get his revenge.
  13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hey WW, I like your signature.:MusicBigGrin:
  14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Charlie V. is a cancerous "wussy" both to his team as well as the league.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

If only it was a WNBA player that said this to Charlie........
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Are you calling Lotto Juwannaman?
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I'm thinking about KG, Lotto and this whole Twittergate thing.

I REALLY MISS JJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Remember how JJ was the feisty player that would, grab, push, elbow and get under the skin of the opposition and draw the occasional technical foul from the opponent, really, really, really miss that kid!
  18. linwood

linwood All-Star

My favorite players:

Ben Wallace
    Dennis Rodman
    Rick Mahorn
    Ron Artest
    Isaiah Thomas
    Clyde Drexler (baddest bald man to ever play the game)
    Bill Laimbeer
    George Gervin
    Detlef Schrempf in NBA Jam

Least favorite players:

All the crybabies that "earn it at the line" (I'm talking about you, Wade)
    Crybabies that cry and twitter instead of making the highlight reel.

I'm all for civility, but when you earn 35 million dollars to play a game, you should play that game like nothing else matters... not your family, politics, or your feelings. Be human all you want outside of work.
  19. Walter

Amen brother.
  20. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion