vs Boston Celtics Tuesday November 2 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'November 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Who are you calling loser, hater?!? This guy has never ever lost a playoff game.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Not fair. He was stuck on the Bucks and they didn't make the playoffs until the year he was gone.
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I will now be calling Charlie Garbage. LOTTERY TICKET! He played for Tor and they got Bosh and Bargnani, he went to Milw and his ticket yielded Brandon Jennings!!!! I'm so sold on Lottery Ticket.
  4. Mogilny

5. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

whatever version you believe what KG said, it is a low blow anyway.

sure at the heat of the moment you and I can say regrettable things but...I'm very sure that KG knew that some topics are very touchy for CV and KG decided to attack CV's "weak spot".

You do not see KG bringing up cancer thematics with others even in heated "discussions"

Very UNmanly.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Well...we have 2 sides to this story. Doesn't matter what I or anybody else here believes for that matter. What matters is that if CV broke some kind of NBA code about outting the guy, then he'll be ostracized by the rest of the league. Some of his own teammates may second guess his character for such an act. Sounds like a team coming apart at the seams to me. :stirthepot:
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm happy Charlie brought it up. KG is an ass, always has been.

We overlook too much because these guys can put a ball in a hoop.

Woj's article is fantastic. KG likes to talk junk to smaller guys, in a league where you can't punch a jerk out anymore. You can bet Mahorn would have clobbered the living daylights out of him if he talked junk about Zeke or Joe.

As far as a league code, who cares. When did exceptions to being a decent human being become more important than being a decent human being?
  8. Nemo

I would agree with you, but you must understand that it's easy to make your comments when you're on the outside looking in. How this will play with his fellow players in the league is another story, which I'm not so sure of the outcome.

Such codes exist and cannot be ignored. Even prison inmates must live by certain "unwritten" rules, which govern their domain.
  9. Mogilny

I couldn't care less about what those primadonnas think about their trash talk getting "ratted out". I'm all for trash talk, and I'm big for it too, but there are some limits to how far they should go and stuff like this is beyond that line. As both a NBA and soap opera fan I'd like as much trash talk as possible to get ratted out so I can enjoy the articles about it to my morning coffee. Keep tweeting it, CAS! Or even better, mike em all up and publish the transcripts with the box scores!
  10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agreed. And it's very believabke that an idiot like KG would call someone like CV a cancer patient. He's already shown that he has no mute button when the voices in his head are getting stupid. Adande from ESPN.com actually wrote a coherent article this time with a similar viewpoint.

Time to drop 'cancer' from sports lexicon - ESPN

11. Nemo

Actually, I agree with you. However, this may blow up in CVs face...
  12. roscoe36

Having courage and character are never easy. We beat the crap out of Charlie for not being a great basketball player (I am just as guilty as the next guy for this), but when we make excuses for attacking him as a person, then it shows how small and petty we are.

I could care less what the other several hundred emotionally retarded man children in the league think about "ratting out".

I applaud Charlie for not caring either.
  13. Nemo

I would like to believe that I would stand up to basketball players or prisoners when my reputation has been tarnished. It is easy to state such claims here on a Forum which is safe from the reality of their situations.

People who know me would tell you that my character is my main strength. However, that character is not being judged in prison, nor as a multi-million dollar athlete.
  14. roscoe36

I have a thing I *try* to live by. If I don't respect me, no one else will.

Let KG bully you, and KG will always bully you.

Charlie could have punched his lights out. Charlie's career would be over, and KG would go into the HOF. People would see KG's poor behavior, but know it is not worth a punch in the face.

What CV did will follow KG around for a long time. It's a much nicer revenge for someone who has had it coming for a long time.

Good for Charlie. An inspiration to us all.
  15. Nemo

I could have typed this same response. I just hope things work out for CV. I just don't know if they will.
  16. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I'm agree with what BRANDON JENNINGS said.. (I think it was him..)

He said something about that the mistake Charlie V did, was taking it to TWITTER..

What I say is that If it's something who is really hurting you, go and FIGHT GARNETT right there man!!!! Don't wait till your are in home to tweet about it.. BE A MAN AND STAND for what you believe..

yes, it may be a technical foul (or more than one..) but then when Charlie V goes home (after getting rejected from a game that was already lost..) go and tweet about what it happend, saying you are sorry that your temper blow up but you have known people who died from cancer and bla bla bla..

He did things very wrong..

I don't care what KG said to him man.. I mean.. in Soccer is really common that people insulting each other (things like "motherf....r" bla bla bla)

You (Charlie V) are a professional nba player, you have to be ready to hear ANYTHING, even things like that or even worse.. you have to keep it cool and focus in the game..

Charlie V sucks.
  17. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

18. roscoe36

But you didn't.

Uncertainty is part of existence.

If we want liberty, we have to be willing to sacrifice comfort for it.
  19. Nemo

If CV really felt upset, he could have arranged the meeting between himself and Garnett. Like his play though, he probably would back down from a real confrontation. Being upset was fine, but posting it on twitter, instead of a confrontation speaks volumes. I will not honor the man until he shows his courage with his inspired play on the court.
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

My personal biases:
    • I do not like Chuckles G
    • I've run hot and cold on KG over the years
    • The Pistons are so far out of it and Sheed playing with BOS last year has softened my dislike of him
    • I think I've laughed every time I see the cancer patient line in print
    I don't see that it is more plausible that KG called him a cancer patient instead of a cancer to his team and league. Why is option A so rational but option B isn't? Clearly they were having a long back and forth and saying either one of them seems reasonable.

I find KG's version to be believable because it is what I've seen since he's been here. The players are always right in these instances.

I've lost people close to me to cancer but do not get offended at the references to it.

Nemo is right, CG tucked his tail and tattled. Mahorn would punch KG because he called him soft not out of some faux outrage over the disrespect to cancer patients.