vs Boston Celtics Tuesday March 2 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'March 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That was a fairly entertaining game, but it was also kind of depressing catching a lot of the old guard on their back nine.

It looked like a bomb threat was called into The Palace.

How many games in a row has the Pistons $100 million dollar bench been outscored?

I let out an audible groan when I saw the Pistons were shooting 1-16 from the 3pt line at one point.

I was also surprised to see the Pistons with such a slight advantage on the O boards. It seemed like they should have been up double figures.

Almost 18 and 30 minutes for CG (great nickname 'Scoe) and Jogging Rodney tonight.

I didn't think it was very sporting of Jerebko to pour it on young Rodney with his 16 and 10 or so tonight after his controversial Rookie of the Month victory today. His ability to finish around the hoop is something else. He is doing a much better job on the D boards also.

Tay has been ballin'.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Sadly with Weezy and Kwame it is not as one sided as one would think.
  3. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

JJ is starting to look like the most important player on the team overall. He has as much impact as any other Piston at any rate. JJ is the future of the franchise and the only big the Pistons have for certain, going forward. Rookies usually get scouted out and then start to look average. He keeps getting better. He is too mobile for most NBA bigs--that is the key to his success. He is still not strong enough underneath but that will come. He already can shoot but he will get far better at that. He looks like he will be better than a Verajao (5 million) and a Rishard Lewis (12 million). From there, too early to say.

Stuckey is still not hitting key jumpers in crunch time. Here and there but not enough. Not until he can do this, will he be able to lead the team.

Daye needs to not handle the ball. Catch and shoot, catch, dribble and shoot. He can be an offensive weapon.

Good, the Pistons got the L. But still only the 7th pick. Need to get higher. With JJ and maybe Daye who are tweeners, the team will need a solid center like a Marc Gasol.
  4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This was a GREAT GAME!!!! Bored I actually documented the lineups, and small ball was kept to a minimum, Daye got some burn -and produced; JJ (happy birthday) was a baller tonight, he really held his own against Sheed and KG- I was impressed.

Team played and fought but was just bad enough to not lose ground on the ping pong chase...woo-hoo!!!!

Our $19 Million dollar spending spree is looking worse and worse as time goes on, hope that changes.......seriously, I really hope that changes.

Stuckey stunk, BUT he did a few things right, in the first quarter he FINALLY finished AT THE RIM for the first time this season and earned himself an And-1 on a touch foul- FINALLY!!! I mean this is big stuff folks. He looked like he EXPLODED out of the floor and when he laid the ball in the hoop he was, right-at-the-rim! It was awesome, someone needs to show him that tape and teach him. As I watch the kid I realize that he takes off for his lay-ups a half step too early, which opens him up for blocks, blown bunnies and unfavorable whistles. That move made my night, if he can consistently finish like that (which I think he will if he loses weight and improves his stamina) he really will be something special.
  5. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Ben Wallace sure does get a lot of whistles AFTER he shoots free throws. - gotta love him though!

I think C-Garbage needs to have Nike make him some lighter shoes.

I'd like to challenge Jogging Rodney to a game of Around the World. - anytime anywhere!

Did Ben Gordon play last night?
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

I'd like to see him relax a little and not focus so much on his game. Maybe if he stayed out of the gym a little and spent more time on accessorizing his uniform and working on celebratory dances and poses on the off chance he does something positive.

I had to laugh when he got whistled for his 2nd foul in 30 seconds for holding Sheldon Williams on a rebound. The same Sheldon Williams who hadn't played in 25 games.

I wish they still played the This is How We Do It song after he scored.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I want to be clear, Charlie Garbage is a player, not a person. What I mean is, the "Garbage" pertains to his game, not his personality or character. He's simply a terribly flawed basketball player and it is incredibly painful to watch him play.

I'm sure he is a lovely person and I know he is active with charity and helping people out which is really cool. However, I don't watch basketball looking for the next Gandhi, I could care less if the players hand out fruit baskets in their community, and more about whether or not they can put the ball in the hoop.

Did anyone notice the big deal about the food drive? I never realized things were so bad in Michigan. I hope people don't think donations will be a permanent solution. People need to get jobs and make money if the situation is to improve. Also, what kind of a meal do you get for $0.20? I worked in food service, and white bread cheese sandwiches don't have a lot of nutritional value. It will fill your belly, but it isn't much in the way of nutrition.
  8. roscoe36

We don't have enough winners on our team. For years, we were like the Celts in the 4th Q. Making the plays to win. We're one player away from splitting games like that 50/50, two players away from winning more often than not.

Tay has played awesome the last few weeks. Same thing with Maxiell.

I am no longer surprised by any contribution JJ makes. I expect his shots to go in, for him to finish at the rim, and to be in the hunt night in and night out for a double double. In another year or so, he could be our David Lee if he keeps developing at a fast pace.

With the emergence of JJ, Charlie Garbage has become the 4th best forward on this team (maybe 5th depending on how you feel about a healthy Weezy), but the highest paid one. What a colossal mistake.

I thought Gordon was ok on offense, but defensively he is a mess. Our team defense has gotten worse as the season has progressed.

Daye is super raw but you can see potential there. He needs to get an NBA body and learn how to defend with his feet and not his hands.
  9. roscoe36

That's true. He's just a forgotten man right now, but his play earned him that role. JJ and him are two ships passing in the night, headed in different directions. It would be embarrassing to me if I was a key FA acquisition, and a second round foreign rookie took a starting position I should have had based on salary, experience and pedigree.
  10. Ernie the Slow Adult

It was troubling to see the down the drain pair of CG and Gordon counseling Daye after Pierce drew the foul on him with the bringing the ball up through his arm routine.

Maybe they were just saying, 'See, that's why we don't even play with our hands up on D. Only bad stuff can happen.'
  11. roscoe36

Daye is bothering a lot of people with his length and wide defensive stance.

But he is going to get taken advantage of by people like Pierce and Kobe because he doesn't move his feet fast enough and has to rely on an aggressive hand check.

I think he's a decent piece. He's not too far from surpassing CV as well. I keep thinking of Daye as a 2/3 but he is really a 3/4.
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

While both Daye and CG may be poor defensive players, at least Daye knows what he should be doing even if he isn't doing it. Pierce has gotten a lot better players than he with that move.

Some of the stuff I've seen #31 do this year defies logic. It's like he started playing last week.

I think all 3 rookies have a better feel for the game than CG does.
  13. max

max All-Star

Competitive game until the bench came in. Painfull to watch these string of unknowns bombing 3's and doing what the 50 million dollar man was supposed to be doing this year.
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good points Scoe etal. The problem is he is not going to learn to move his feet practicing with Pistons scrubs....He needs real time game situations playing against the best to learn and with 23 games left, he should be getting at least 15-20 minutes in every game till the end of the season. We all like wins, & I will be critical of every loss, but there is no need for Tay to be playing over 35 minutes a game.

Get the new kids in there so that they are competitive and can learn by mistakes and I addition to summer league play, Daye should come back out to California this summer and work with his dad on improving his skills.

Summers should have gone to the d league, but I guess with all of the injuries he was stuck behind the bench.....
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

NOW that is funny!

Don't remind me