vs Atlanta Hawks Wednesday April 7 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'April 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons vs Atlanta Hawks

Wednesday April 7

7:30 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit Plus

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 950 WWJ

2. roscoe36

3. max

max All-Star

Is that the International Sign for tanking a game?

4. roscoe36

No, international symbol for "another one"

5. roscoe36

6. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

From the gritty city of Compton, #22 for you, The Prince... Tayshaun Prince... will miss the game for personal reasons. :)

7. roscoe36

The Taynk is back on!

8. roscoe36

CHUCKY!!!!!

9. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Charlie "Charlie Says" Villanueva and Ben "Shoot it again" Gordon had themselves a couple of fine games. That DaJuan Summers move early under the basket was a thing of beauty. Last night, Rodney took a lickin' and he kept on tickin', but tonight, Rodney was hurtin' for certain and getting hurt again didn't help, but that didn't stop us from playing a darn good game.

Darn, we won. Darn.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons blow another loss and now find themselves now holding the 6th spot and a game out of 7th....WTF...the next 5 Piston years may have been determined by the outcome of these last two wins....

Whats with this franchise, even when we win, we lose.....Now unless we lose out the best we can probably do is 5th.....:yellowprison:

11. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Gaahhhh. Can't this team do anything [STRIKE]right[/STRIKE] wrong???

At least Golden State won. Wiz and Philly lost.

12. max

max All-Star

Yea that top 3-5 spot would have been a nice prize after endouring this season. Good news is that we will still have a lot of ping pong balls and some of the newer Pistons are finally starting to show something. I was especially impressed with Day.

13. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Very good game tonight.

Still showing the need for a quality PG.

Absolutely no offensive movement on the inside...all perimeter shooters.

Draft won't make that much difference, except for a slip-up and we get W. Johnson. Outstanding player and watch him become ROY. This could mean RIP is gone, and for sure Tay.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Alright, coming on strong! Atl has something to play for too, so a quality win by our b-listers.

15. Brap

Brap Starter

We still have a chance to get into the top 3, but could end up 8th. It's nice -really nice - watching Daye play well. I still think he's got a chance to be a star in this league. Stuckey, Jerebko and Daye - that would give us 3 really good core players to build around.

16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Good win. Made lots at the Palace happy for sure. Yes, indeed, as some have noted, we sure can be a pretty darn good team. Like last night vs. Philly, when we got a whole ton of fast break points. Can you imagine that happening with Rip in the lineup, who can't finish a fast break properly or set a good finish up? Or Tay with his bad back running that hard that consistently?

And how did we score? A whole lot inside. No Rip to set us back into shooting jumpers. Nor Tay to 2nd the theme.

All three rooks played minutes. Daye started and had a career game. Within that, we saw him step up and can a three when we were desperate to score a point to stop a big Atlanta run. And play after play, on both ends of the floor. Sorry, I will divert for just a bit of coach bashing. How dare he claim Daye has been making progress this season. The fact is, he is just getting a chance to play - a chance denied him far too long.

Gordon had a pretty good game. Would have been an excellent one without all his miscues on ball handling. But hey, Stuckey is sidelined for the moment with bruised ribs, so Gordon had to do a bit more than is comfortable.

Atkins got in the game briefly, just enough to give each of Bynum and Gordon a bit of a breather around the start of the 4th quarter. He did fine. Hit a triple, tried his very best on D. Yes, I was relieved when coach pulled him soon. Playing Atkins strictly as an emergence stopgap measure ain't too bad. Just wish he had not played so much earlier in the season.

Tay missed this one for personal business. Maxiell is still out with a back issue. Rip is out with an ankle problem. Stuckey only played a bit of this one as he got that bruised rib poked again mid-1st quarter. He did come back briefly, got hit yet again there and called it a night. I suppose his minutes helped in the long run - letting Gordon and Bynum be fresher for the end of the game. And Gordon really used that extra energy on some key defensive plays.

CV scored a bit, inside and out. Like it should be. Nice to have Rip sitting out. Gordon scored plenty, Inside and out. Good to have Rip sitting. I know some just won't see it, but Rip shooting all those jumpers is indeed a bad influence of the team. Tay is not quite as bad, but he too looks to the outside jumper way too much. In this game, at the end when we were down - we kept going inside and got back in the game, and then won it - staying primarily with an inside game. Great to watch.

Bynum had a fine game. Hit some outside shots, and got inside plenty. Summers had that one drive and serious dunk. JJ got a big rebound to help clinch the thing. Everyone made their free throws, including 4-4 from Big Ben Wallace - who also was there making the big defensive stop at the end of the game.

Back to Daye. Inside scoring, step up midrangers, a three. A double double to boot. Not to mention that a whole lot of Hawk players thought better of challenging Daye around the perimeter - especially after his 3rd block. And he got a fourth one that won't count in the books since the ball still went toward the basket even though he got a major piece of it. I think that was his 2nd start of the season. He sarted at shooting guard once. (small forward tonight. He was never used as a shooting guard as far as I recall tonight.)

The game was a lot of fun to watch. Hope a lot of you got to enjoy it. Have a good night all.

17. roscoe36

That's about as much love as I could reasonably expect. Thanks Lee! I appreciate the effort, and I am sure many others here do as well.

18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Hate I missed this one.......hate I haven't been around....missed y'all.....but the future Mrs.KGREG, has me smitten, and well, y'all know how that goes..........and NO it's not Planette Pierson......Dang IT!

19. roscoe36

That's awesome KG. She better be a basketball fan though.

20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sounds like if we had had Rip, Tay, Max and Stuckey as the third squad with either none or minimal minutes from the start and there were no injuries to CV, Bynum or Gordon, we could have won 40+ games this year. :sssh: