vs Atlanta Hawks Tuesday December 14 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'December 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Monroe is starting, Maxiell to the bench.

Q doing something that makes sense!

4. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Pistons up 12 at the half....

[SARCASM]This one's in the bag...[/SARCASM]

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Why does Stern make these games go for 4 quarters? Piston-hater!!!

:gun1::hoops:

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons up 26 with less than 2 mins to go. IF they don't blow this one it will be their best 4th qtr and probably best game (win) of the season.

7. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

T-Mac on fire there at the end. Interesting line up to end the game. Wilcox seemed to be moving around fine.

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Quester leaves Daye, Bynum and Max on the bench and goes with benGo, Charlie, Wilcox and TMac down the stretch to win going away. Stuckey was there in the end too as Rip had already paced the Pistons in the first half with 20 pts.

They looked like the OLD circa 2004-2005 Pistons those last 5 mins of the game....creating turnovers and converting them into scores on the end. All I kept thinking about was how they were going to blow their 12 pt half time lead and sure enough the Hawks ran off the first 11 pts of the 3rd before the Quester called a TO and the Pistons managed to regain their composure and start playing again.

The Mac got hot hitting his threes and CV who actually played some good d vs zaza was cleaning up the garbage off Hawk TO's. They had 14 TO's and I swear all of them were in the 4th qtr..:)

My only problem was my fantasy player Ben was 1-6 and although he delivered 3 dimes, did not seem to be on the same page with the rest of the folks... also if this lineup is successful in the next game...that may be the end of Daye's regular rotation minutes....same with Dujaun what sports jacket or suit should I wear tonight Summers

Only one game...lets see if they can follow it up with a 2 game win streak.

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Best Piston win of the year in front of a Palace crowd of about 1,000, looked more liek a scrimmage.
    Q shook some things up by starting Greg Monroe, FINALLY!!! And Greg went to work right away playing some solid defense and grabbing the first 4 defensive rebounds for the Pistons. Now to me that's a big deal because it means we actually had 4 defensive stops, tough to get rebounds when a team is hitting over 60% of their shots like Toronto. We got off to a good 1st qtr start with Rip ripping the nets for 15 first qtr points, looking like Vintage Richard Hamilton. Monroe did pickup 2 BS fouls guarding Josh Smith and was the first starter to rest and CV came in the game. Earlier today I tweeted CV31 and asked him to get a double-double and a win tonight and Dog Gone It he did IT!!!! Next, Stuckey and Prince came out for T-Mac and Gordon, so we ended the 1st qtr with T-Mac, Rip, Gordo, CV and BigBen with a score or 28-19. A great 1st qtr.

We started the 2nd qtr with T-Mac, Gordo, Rip, CV and Weezy. Weezy's in, Max is OUT. Wilcox did some great stuff out there tonight, he's a legit 6'10", still moves well, and can still jump and get his hands on a lot of balls that lead to Pistons Rebounds. We started real slow in the 2nd qtr but our defense held the Hawks back and we went into the half up 49-37, CV had 7 pts and 8 rebounds at the half, well on his way to a double-double.

The dreaded 3rd qtr almost did us in again, Q allowed our 12 pt lead to shrink to 1 off of a 11-0 Atl run to start the qtr before Q called a timeout. The team looked lazy and lethargic, as if they were surprised that there was a 2nd half to play, Atl outscored us 24-15 in the 3rd to cut our 12 pt halftime lead to 3, 64-61 at the end of the third. Q did make an adjustment, he pulled Stuckey earlier than usual in the third qtr. Even though we sucked in the 3rd as usual at least we held them under 25 pts, mainly dur to the OUTSTANDING defense of Monroe and Wallace, the two kind of looked like X's2 back in the day the way they were rotating, helping, switching and rebounding. Monroe is a solid defensive complement to BigBen.

The 4th qtr started with TMac, Gordo, Rip, CV, CW, this unit played solid D and Stuckey relieved Rip early, then that unit went on a mega run where Cv and T-Mac were OUTSTANDING. T-Mac was vintage hitting 4 treys in the final quarter and the Pistons were getting in passing lanes, coming up with loose ball, and even Rodney Stuckey was PASSING the ball upcourt for the fast break that CV gladly cashed in on! Pistons ultimately win by 103-80, with the bench + Rodney closing out the game. GREAT WIN!!! A nice reward for us loyal Piston fans.

10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I see it differently. Tay will be traded, it's a done deal IMO. As T-Mac continues to get his rhythm back Tayshaun's role will diminish, he'll be traded and then Daye will get the backup SF minutes or token starter minutes as T-Mac takes a bigger role in the offense. I'm amazed at just how much more talent T-Mac has compared to the rest of our team, I never knew, he's a helluva ball player who makes other players better. IMO Tayshaun Prince is no more than backup role player on a contender.

11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I see several good writeups out there already, thanks. Some vacation for me. Which is a good thing. I would rather see a win vs. giving me a day off. I really did wait to see if they won before watching the game, and just maybe I will continue to do that. Never did get around to dropping cable.

Anyway, TMAC looked liked TMAC prime in that 4th quarter. 4 triples. I went "Oh, oh, oh" just a bit louder with each consecutive make. The first one was when we had a small lead. By time the 4th one went in, game over. In the first half, TMAC drove in for a score, looked good doing that too. And he made a couple of free throws.

CV ended up with 23, and just as importantly garnered those 11 rebounds. These were not just rebounds that dropped in his lap. They were -in traffic- go up higher than the crowd type rebounds. Impressive.

Sure, JMAX did not play - but can we stop Griffin next game without him? Daye did not play - probably makes Q happy since that is what he has wanted since the season started - but no playing Daye will not help our future. Good to see the win - but Kuester had better not think one win means he can mess this up.

Stuckey did some good work going to the basket, and kept trying to kick the ball out too when he met heavy resistance at the basket. And we got a lot of good results from those kickouts. Stats do lie. No assist from a good kickout because a 2nd or 3rd pass then finds the open man.

Gordon did little. But he was out there with a very successful, TMAC led bench. Stuckey also ended up playing along side TMAC a lot in this one.

Rip hit a ton of outside shots. Kind of scary to win that way. Very little feeding Monroe in the post. I recall like once in the first half, early. In the 2nd half, we did not go to Monroe in the post - and started out by giving up an 0-11 to start the 3rd. Could be related.

Tay had a good all around game. He did not have to carry the team, just do his role. Again, having a backup small forward - TMAC, really makes a difference in getting Tay the proper rest for a game.

The subs, with Stuckey, finished this one out ultra strong.

We outrebounded them totally. Starting Big Ben along side Monroe really, really looks good in this respect - and the interior D looks about as solid as you would want - at least against this particular team.

Thats about it. Off to college. Everyone have a nice day.

Oh, and we beat a team with a winning record finally. Lets hope for more wins like this soon.

12. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

liked Monroe in the starting line up. Wanted them to play CV there instead of Max but with Monroe getting the 2 fouls early it ended up that way anyway and worked out well.

That second unit also played well. Been wanting Wilcox to get some burn to get his legs back. Like him and Monroe in the back court together.

Need to get Daye some minutes at the 3 while TMac plays the point and Bengo plays the two.

Q is almost to the rotation I think will work best with the players we have. Maybe a few more games he will get there and we will start racking up wins for the team and experience for our yuggins

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I was totally expecting the Pistons to lose this game. It was funny when Blaha said, "Can you believe this?" after the Hawks opened the 3rd with 11 straight points to cut the lead to 1.

Can I believe what, that the Pistons are doing exactly what they've done in 99% of their games this year?

I hope they role with Monroe at the 4. It will be interesting to see how he fares there. That was not an easy match-up for him last night.

Pistons shot into 4th place in the Central with the win last night.

Calling the crowd sparse would be an understatement. Geez.

I think the Hawks are easily one of the most boring teams in the L. I can't stand watching them.

I was looking forward to a major hugfest between Stuckey and his Seattle homies, Marv Williams and Crawford, after the game, but didn't notice anything.

14. BillLaimbeer

15. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

One comment in the comment section really got to me. Some guy saying that Detroit is not a basketball town even, that is why people aren't going, blah blah blah. I dont agree with that. I feel Detroit is a basketball town, and Michigan is a basketball state. Look at the Wolverines, the Spartans and Pistons. What does that gentlemen have to say about the 5 year sell out streak?

16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This game was even better the second time around!

17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Com'on you know TMac isn't dependable health wise, so don't get so excited should he win another game for us.
    CVs deep 2s and 3s were just as awesome as TMacs.
    Frickin' Bengo tried to ice the works with his icy shooting but it didn't happen.
    Hawks had to be on a BTB.
    HHHHHUGE win.

18. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Was at the game last night and you could have pulled the trigger on a shotgun with buck shot in it and not hit anyone. :gun1:

My brother and I were surprised when they starting announcing the line ups because it didn't seem like game time since the arena was empty.

19. BillLaimbeer

I'm surprised they allowed you to bring a shotgun into the Palace.

20. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

That sellout streak was one of the biggest hoaxes of all time. If I had to guess, the actual streak ended sometime in 2007... not 3 years later in 2010 or whenever it was that they "officially" ended it.