vs Atlanta Hawks Sunday November 29 1:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons vs Atlanta Hawks

Sunday November 29

1:00 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 97.1 The Ticket

2. roscoe36

Bump, podshow after the game, clear your schedule, lets get some callers into this one!

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Is Atlanta a Championship contender this year? It seems as though we may have overlooked them at the start of the season.

4. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I don't think they're quite there, as was quite evident in that recent home blowout loss to the Magic.

Still... I'd look for them to take the next step, win about 50 games and push one of the "Big 3" the distance in round two.

5. roscoe36

6. lovingj

lovingj First Round Draft Pick

No way we win this one.

7. Kidstealth

Kidstealth First Round Draft Pick

I'm excited. Every game we are capable of winning.

8. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm all alone in there...everyone still at church?

9. SJAndre

SJAndre Second Round Draft Pick

Wow.. JJ and Big Ben dominated the boards. Great win to get off the losing streak.

10. bekzen

bekzen Second Round Draft Pick

That was a really nice game, the pistons got a nice fighting spirit! Very good actions from the big men, too. I hope the loosing streak get into a winning streak. GO PISTONS

regards from germany

11. roscoe36

Thanks for the post! And nice to see you in chat! :)

12. roscoe36

Great win. I missed the first half, but the second half was great. Pistons finished the game without CV, and it was blood and guts all the way.

Chucky Atkins came up huge, despite missing some shots. His defense and playmaking were superb.

This new starting lineup is pretty interesting. In an effort to accommodate Stuckey, the Pistons are now starting 4 non-scorers with him. :pound:

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Welcome Bekzen...maybe your comments in chat from across the Atlantic helped us to the win..:)

14. roscoe36

15. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

That was a great win. Awesome hustle. The rebound stats were incredible and Ben was solid...

16. LA Dre

Great game for our Pistons in ending probably the Pistons worst November in years.

You could tell by the Pistons energy in the new lineup that they were trying to shake this this losing streak. The only question was could they sustain it for four quarters.

Stuckey led the charge in the first half hitting 6-9 shooting with 17 pts and 6 assists. However in traditional Stuckey play, he finished with 10-23 shooting and 8 assists. That means 4-14 and 2 dimes in the second half as he probably forced a little more getting blocked a couple of times........:sssh:

Bynum also playing with a gimpy ankle provided a spark in the second qtr and the 4th with 19 pts on 8-13 shooting and 4 assists. He looked bad out there in the 3rd qtr as he and Daye allowed the Hawks to get back in the game with their less than stellar play and defense.

It was game of runs and the Pistons survive two big runs by the Hawks, one near the end of second and one in the 3rd to put together their own runs of 10 and 12 points to stay in charge of the game.

CV got a hip pointer in the nose and they could only stop the blood for a few seconds to allow Villy to hit a couple of bloody free throws and the Pistons won the game for him as he did not return staying in the looker room with former Piston player Rip when was the last time any one has seen him Hamilton.

JJ was great under the hoop (10pts-11brds) and got the steal of the game with less than 2 minutes left when it appeared that the Hawks had the momentum and were about to close the game to within 4 pts.

Ben was great as usual with his double-double 10 pts and 18 brds.

Great Sunday win for the Pistons who have almost their whole starting lineup in bandages...

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Over 20 offensive boards. Ben Wallace with 18 rebounds JJ had a few O boards too. JJ took no outside shots, but scored points around the basket - typically after getting an offensive rebound.

Coach shook the rotation, starting Atkins, Stuckey, JJ, JMAX, and Ben Wallace. Stuckey took advantage of not having to make the decisions, using all his energy to score a ton to start the game. At the basket, and on outside shots.

Atkins did literally nothing in this game. Shot 1-7. Was not able to compete as an NBA player in any type of rebounding or defensive situation. I say we need a guy on a 10 day contract to replace him. Bynum still has a gimpy ankle. Gordon is still out day to day as far as I know. I doubt we are goint to see Tay or Rip anytime too soon.

Another injury, a nose bleed that kept CV out of most of the 2nd half of the game. (And since he did not start, he played just a few minutes there.)

So what did we do with all these guys out injured? We went on a run. JJ, JMAX, Ben up front. Bynum and Stuckey in the backcourt. We got a 12 point lead with about 5 to go, and held on to win.

JJ's 10 rebounds are a career high.

JMAX played great D, added a few buckets, and was part of that offensive rebounding.

OK, 60 paint points. Of course, as usual, Stuckey was a lot of that with his penchant for getting to the hoop. Ben and Kwame even got in on this act. Kwame had a good first half, finding ways to bull his way to the hoop. But it was short lived. The 2nd half saw Kwame completely unproductive. Seriously, this guy needs to see a sports shrink, cause the stuff he does can not be just explained away as mistakes. He just "turns off" his game at times. Out of control throwing up slop that can't possibly go in moments after looking good on a previous play. And those hands continue to act as a brick wall, repelling basketballs all too well. Nobody's hands are that stiff, its got to be more than that.

No Wilcox. No Summers. Daye played some, did so so.

The minutes were not that bad. A couple of guys over 40, but both very young guys and this is a stretch of games where the players are managing to get a bit of rest between games.

CV did not sulk a bit about being benched. He did well, helping lead our bench to a great advantage in scoring over theirs.

No small ball at all, and no, I don't miss it at all.

Atlanta came in a 12 win team. They showed serious talent as far as shooting the ball. Not much talent on defense though as far as protecting the basket. And we doubled them on inside points.

Good win. Great to end a 7 game losing streak. Losing a five game West trip is not uncommon, so you can't really look at that and say the team was really doing all that bad.

Lets hope this is the start of a nice long streak with lots of winning.

GO PISTONS!!!!!

18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Great writeup. Thanks.

19. LA Dre

I still defer to you for the final Leecap:thumb:

20. bekzen

bekzen Second Round Draft Pick

@roscoe & LA dre: thanks for the great welcome posts :)

i like the todays starting lineup and i´m curious about it, how they will play the next games.
    with this pressure on the opponents offense like today, we should can win much more games.