1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Utah Nov 25 1PM

Discussion in 'November 2007' started by max, Nov 24, 2007.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Boozer never took it inside. He just had wide open shots all day long, so it was not necessary for him to make a move inside.

2. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

another thing that may have gone unnoticed to the tv viewers...there were lots of times where we'd push inside and not get a call, and then while 1-3 of our guys were complaining to the refs, utah was pushing it in transition and getting easy baskets. they particularly took advantage when one of our guys fell down (attempting to draw the foul, and in some cases this was justified but not called), or inbounding the ball.

i'd say they got anywhere from 5-10 baskets from this tactic alone.

3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

10-20 points??

Really?

4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Kgreg explained this pretty well. Scroll back and read his post.

5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

maybe not 20, but at least 10. i specifically counted 2 off of quick in-bounds, and 3 more when we were complaining about calls or lying on the ground and outmanned 4 on 5. there's a good chance i missed others.

6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Boozer scored more right at the basket on pick and rolls than anything.

7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Actually, the breakdown of Boozer's shots show that less than half of his baskets were right at the basket:

8 layups
    3 from 16-feet
    1 from 18-feet
    3 from 19-feet
    1 from 20-feet
    1 from 21-feet

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks Bill. The Pistons still can't allow one player to get 8 layup attempts??? What happen to halftime defensive adjustments??? looks like he made at least 7 of those layups...

9. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Players: It's a war out there. Without Sheed, how do we stop Boozer and Okur, coach?

Flip: Stop Boozer? Stop Okur? Stop worrying bout it. They can't be makin 100% of their shots all the time. They are a jump shooting team. They are bound to miss some of their shots soon. This is what I've plan for the 2nd half, everyone take out my playbook, study plays 201 - 205. This 5 plays will win us this game, all you got to do is make your shots. Make them and we will win this game at the end of the 3rd quarter. By then, Amir, Samb and Affalo will get to play.

10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Stop jading yourselves. The coaching staff did not lose this one. If your guards can not keep their guards out of the paint, then you ain't gonna win. This is also why we can not beat SA, if you can't stay in front of Williams you sure as hell can't stay in front of Parker and Manu. On top of all that, if your guards (who can't stop dribble penetration) make dumb decisions on the offensive end of the court that ends up in them taking horrible jumpers, then you ain't gonna win.

Again, I really don't think that Flip is a bad coach. I DO believe emphatically that he is a bad coach for this team. Everybody used to complain that LB rode this team too hard, that they were a veteran team that could win without all that yelling and crap, they said they'd play better with a players-coach.......BULLCRAP. Rip and Chuancey need a coach to ride them and make them give their all on the court. Both of their games are really starting to suffer under Flip. Rip was a complete player that did not need the ball to have an impact. Billups would get you around 20 and only need 10-12 shots to do it. Now they hog the dang ball and suffocate their teammates games (look at the shot clock when Billups finally relinquishes the ball). Has anyone noticed that Dyess really has that jumper going?? Yet the guards still see him as the 5th option??? Notice how when Tay gets the ball he's been really delivering, yet he's an after thougt to Batman and Robin. I said it before and I'll continue to say it, Rip and Chauncey are the new Mobley and Cuttino. Bring Rip off the Bench!!!!!!!!! The bench really needs a consistent-veteran-perimeter scorer to give it a boost, as we have seen Hayes and Flip are OK, but they don't fit that bill.

11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

at least chauncey took his share of the blame:

12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

He just ought to. Had he checked Williams we would have won this one. Had the staff noticed, Rip is struggling, let's play AA aaaaannd put HIM on Williams so Chauncey does not have to expend that much energy on the defensive end, we would have had a decent shot at a win.

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Flip needs to take those boys out back and tan their hides.

14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

KGREG, you are right on in all your posts. LB was really strict with the guards and he brought out the best in them. Flip gives them a lot of freedom, more freedom than they are capable of handling. They are good, not great players.

I am almost ready to start rooting against these guys. Nothing has changed. When the going gets tough they can't get within 22' of the hoop. Their D is atrocious. There is no accountability. If you can't check your man, so what? Go zone. If that doesn't work they'll trap. That's about it from the bag of tricks.

Cleveland next. Big, big game. Good chance to lay all their cards on the table to squeak out a November win so they have nothing new to throw at them come the playoffs. I expect a lot of zone and traps.

15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm not sure how to put this, to make it not sound like I am hating on the team, but the more we lose, the greater the pressure on Flipper.

Because it's pretty clear to me that Rip will not be coming off the bench, and the guards will not be held accountable for their perimeter D.

A change in leadership is needed. More to follow soon.... :)

16. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

There is something missing this year, i am just not excited about this year' squad.

17. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

There is something about affalo that flip does not like. Affalo at least attempts to keep his man out of the paint. 10 minutes a game is not asking a lot.

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Flip doesn't appear to like anybody who is under 25 years old...but he still should give all of them PT. If he doesn't and can't figure out how to get Tay and Rip on the same page then his job is in jeopardy. As KGREG says, Rip and Billups need to pass to the HOT man and stop trying to force low% shots. At the the other end of the floor they need to play some defense and stop worrying about bad calls and what kind of shot they are going to force up later when they get the rock..

19. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

20. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA