1. Summer League Starts SATURDAY July 1 More info HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  2. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Away Utah Jazz - Saturday, March 14, 2015

Discussion in 'March 2015' started by roscoe36, Mar 2, 2015.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Our big men invented a new type of chilli and have been giving it away.

BallDon'tLie, coynejeremy and linwood like this.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Or a swift kick in the butt. This guy is a professional athlete. If we have to coddle a guy, he's not fit to have an important role on the team.

I am a fan of the Larry Brown school of coaching where you alternate between loving and hating your players. Again, there is no need to be soft. You can be buddy buddy ala Joe D when you have high character guys like Ben Wallace and Chauncey Billups.

I want RJ to work out, and I am at heart an optimist but his play is pretty terrible. He looks like a guy who was a streetball hotshot and got to the NBA only to find out he's horribly outmatched by ~everyone~.

KCP is an enigma.

I watch forum activity pretty closely. We've definitely hit that point where no one is excited about our next game. I have to admit, it was hard to drag myself back to watch the second half. We don't have to win every game, but we are back to terrible basketball. That's not entertaining.

The Panda, LA Dre and del like this.
  3. roscoe36

I have a feeling that is not going to happen in Detroit. Maybe someone like NY gives him an offer like that but I really don't think we will match. SVG is in a bad position with BJ injured. If Brandon was healthy we'd probably be talking about the playoffs right now. Stan has to play the hand he has been dealt as poor as it is.

If I am SVG I have to wait to see what happens with BJ first. I keep RJ on the line just in case. At worst, he's tradeable. There is always a sucker out there for potential.

del likes this.
  4. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Nice theory about the RJ trade for Tanking reasons.

Which teams are going to pay RJ big money?? They are watching the same thing that we watch!

junior and roscoe36 like this.
  5. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

I think Stan like his defensive upside. Even when the pistons were winning big, they were giving up quite a few points, and my guess is that Stan saw that as something that wouldn't fly in the playoffs. He's said repeatedly that this is a long term move, so I'm waiting to judge until that plan has time to gel.

6. max

max All-Star

There are supposed to be a couple of good PG's in the draft so maybe we can get one of them with our top 6 pick,

To me it seems insane that RJ turned down a 48 mil contract, that's probably the best offer he will ever get. Im not a fan

roscoe36 likes this.
  7. roscoe36

I don't think he is that much better on D than on offence. All around he seems to lack polished instincts and as that video showed, he doesn't hustle hard. There is a big difference between being fast and going hard.

Maybe as per @BillLaimbeer@BillLaimbeer he will develop them in time, but I am loathe to pay before the goods arrive. Luckily that's Stan's problem. Not mine.

Mogilny likes this.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Basically this is why you take a chance and play rookies when you have nothing to lose. ...they want to play with hungry aggression and exude more energy. The rookie starting back court of Hood and Exum contributed 20 pts, 6 assists and 8 boards, compared to our starting back court of Jackson/KCP which we 11 points, 1 assist and 6 boards.

Since we are out of it, may as well start Miller in the SF position instead of Prince or Butler and proceed with the giving Dinwiddie all of the time he needs to develop. With that being said, may as well play Martin every game too.

max and roscoe36 like this.
  9. max

max All-Star

According to SVG's calculations we are still in it, just have to go 15-1. Start it off with a nice 10 game winning streak and we are back in the hunt

roscoe36 likes this.
  10. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

New York?

roscoe36 likes this.
  11. junior

junior All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I believe SVG has a really great plan for the future.

I don't think he shows his hand in his media comments.

I was quite surprised when we waived Smith and when we traded for Jackson. Didn't see a lot of rumors or talks that these things were going to happen. Then poof, we, as Pistons fans, found out.
    SVG has politically correct media statements, because it's the best thing for the franchise.

What is the alternative? Say Josh Smith was the issue or to say we aren't going to invest in Jackson long-term?

It's like our friend has taken us to Cedar Point and has blindfolded us the whole day. It's not until we are on the roller coaster, or sitting in the food court, or in line for the arcade. It's the last possible second before, our friend takes our blindfold off are we about to take part in what's about to go down. It's not like our friend is going to tell us, "I am taking you to Top Thrill Dragster"..."I am taking you to Top Thrill Dragster"...

That would ruin the surprise!

SVG has his reasons and I am just a fan who wants to believe in my team. Does he really want to bring back Monroe? Does he really want to invest long-term in Reggie? Whatever happens, I have to keep on supporting the team and believing that our coach and president of basketball operations wants to do what is best for himself and for the Pistons franchise. That is doing whatever it takes to get the Pistons back to championship contention.

Walter, del, coynejeremy and 2 others like this.
  12. roscoe36

He definitely does not. That would be dumb. He has given no indication to me that he is a dummy.

In a nutshell that is all any fan can do.

13. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

SVG is a shrewd operator.

I still think RJ can be ok. I want to know what is going to happen with Brandon because he really showed us something.

roscoe36 likes this.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

There is zero chance that I'd let my friend blindfold me and walk me around cedar point all day. However, I'm not saying it's a bad analogy for what is happening here. I hope we end up on the dragster, but it's possible that we get corkscrewed again.

BillLaimbeer, roscoe36 and junior like this.
  15. junior

junior All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We're along for the ride.

There's really nothing we can do, as fans, other than voice our opinions and support our team.

roscoe36 likes this.
  16. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Sending DJA & Singler to OKC for Jackson. I see two motives for this trade:

1. If Brandon Jennings doesn't recover, we have a replacement option available.
    2. No matter what happens, we have converted two assets that would generate mediocre, after-thought interest into a RFA that several teams may target. We also have acquired his bird rights which makes us a players in all the negotiations. Even as a RFA, Jackson is a better trade piece than a RFA Singler and 2nd-tier PG.

The other trade, Jerebko/Datome for Prince. That one I still don't have any idea why that benefited us. It can only be a stealth tank job move.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Another motive could have been that we thought he was better than he actually is.

I hope he flourishes, but his pre trade stats and info indicated a poor shooter with character issues. He's shooting terribly so far and he was just benched for lack of hustle.

del and The Panda like this.
  18. del

del All-Star Forum Donor

This is the problem we get when we are a losing team. No one has set roles and guys think they are more important than they actually are.
    Pistons trade for a guy that showed promise on a very small window and thinks he is an All-Star, but is not.

Spurs all know and play their role and play without that ego. New guys come into the team (ie Leonard) and play their role, or are built into an expanded role.

This is why I saw BJ's progression as promising. He was asked to play his role and take a back seat in the system with Smith. With Smith gone, he was asked to take on an expanded role, but not dominant the possession as he had previously. He was built into the role. I saw this as a tangible progression of his talent and his personality.

Maybe SVG can help RJ with that, but at the moment he has come over here thinking he is an All Star that can turn the team around, rather than realising he could be a useful piece in a team that will not garner All Stars and needs to play as a balanced team. That may involve him coming off the bench, but as we have seen, his attitude stinks because he could not even do that on a contender.

roscoe36 likes this.