Home Utah Jazz Saturday Jan 12 2013

Discussion in 'January 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

vs Utah Jazz

Saturday Jan 12 2013 - 7:30 PM EST

Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI

TV: FS Detroit

RADIO: 97.1FM

GO PISTONS!

2. roscoe36

3. roscoe36

Gordon Hayward is a rich man's Kyle Singler.

BallDon'tLie and copper like this.
  4. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

This always happens against the Jazz. :gaah:

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I only saw pieces of the 4th qtr on my smart phone and then the last 40 seconds on TV so I can't give any opinion as to why we blew an 11 pt halftime lead, but it would have been nice to head overseas with a modest two game win streak under our belt.

Last minute heroics by will the thrill came up short...as was Knight's potential game tying shot in the end as time ran out. May have been fouled, but since Knight hasn't earned his Kobe stripes, no bailout by the refs.... Since we have loss all three OT games, not sure what would have occurred if we went to OT......Prior to tonight, the Pistons had won 7 of 9 and the two losses were in OT.

Complete opposite of last nights game as far as the third quarter is concern. If we are going to beat the Jazz it has to be at the Palace...

6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

What the *BLEEP* is it about the Utah Jazz? I really wanted them to win this game too! DARN IT! Looked good early (and that ALWAYS scares), but we came out flat in the 3rd qtr offensively, we just need that ONE GUY who can get his own when we hit these dry spells as a team. We held them to 90 points, so we were essentially OK in terms of defense but it's tough to win win games when all you can muster up is 87 points. Fast Forward to this summer..............imagine Paul Millsap instead of Max in the rotation.......jus sayin, again.

copper likes this.
  7. copper

copper Bench Warmer

third quarter really killed us tonight. It would have been nice to see a few substitutions before we lost the entire lead. We just stopped all the movement that we had in the first half...We started standing around and going into isolation mode ( which has NEVER worked in our favour) The only player even attacking the rim was unfortunately Monroe who thought he was a point guard and kept losing the ball. uggggggleeeee

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Despite Bynum's heroics at the end, he was still neutral for the game. And our bench was all negative otherwise. Stuckey and Bynum in there for our bench is not working at all. And not a second of our bench playing with Singler, which is what works for us.

Typical CV game. Made a triple. Gave up tons of points, non - existent on defense. Look at the contrast between the first and 2nd quarters. CV and Bynum- they gave up double the shooting percentage vs. our 1st quarter.

Tay's defender had him completely neutralized, and he is no strong outside shooter. For this game, he did not belong starting. If Tay can go up against someone on the short side, great. But otherwise, his style of play just slows the works.

Monroe did some damage, but against a way too packed in defense, it was not enough. Last game, coach made an adjustment that worked, brought in CV and Stuckey at the same time in the 2nd half. Kept a shooter out there. This time, with the nonsense of bringing in Stuckey for Singler first, he proceeded to bring in Drummond for JMAX. No outside shooting at all. Totally, completely packed lane. Horrid coaching.

Bynum finally did some damage inside at the end of the game,when it was just a bit too little too late. But Stuckey, if he had Singler beside him at shooting guard to spread the floor, could have done every bit of what Bynum did without the steep drop in defense that comes with playing Bynum.

JMAX did make a couple of longer jumpers in this game. But anytime we are relying on JMAX or Monroe to make jump shots, we are in serious trouble.

JMAX and Monroe did fine defensively in the first quarter, and we won the first 26-13. Pretty impressive. But then they did not get the job done in the 3rd, but coach would make no adjustments. Seems the other coach did. Why not ours?

Weird schedule. No games last week except for this weekend - and now no game until next Thursday. A good coach would be using this time to make the team better. Ours? Looking for ways to solve the insolvable - making a two point guard set work that will never work, and trying to make guys like Bynum and CV fit into the defense though they never will. Meanwhile, players who should be playing, and making us a better team for it, are just rusting on the sidelines. Reminds me of Carlisle and Tay. We lost the NJ series that year not because NJ was better than us, but because Tay had never been integrated into the plays. Frank is failing the team day by day.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Hard fought game. Lots of diving and hustle by both sides. Furious comeback was fun to watch.

I'm still impressed by knight's ability to move his feet on d... Really noticing it recently.

Monroe with 7 turnovers? Not good.

Aljeff went into beast mode for a long stretch. Drummond needs to avoid gambling and the other pistons should have stuck to their men (since the help was cmpletely ineffective anyway.

Bynum has a lot of heart. Should have gone teen wolf earlier.

Game theory: down 2 points on defense and the other team inbounds with 27 seconds. No quick foul? You kidding me?

10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree. You can't take it down to 3 or 4 seconds. I didn't like that decision. You have to foul early and extend the game to give the team a better chance of winning.

11. max

max All-Star

Jazz made a lot of adjustments and really took away our offense. That Furious comeback was something to see I really thought they were going to do it. I could not figure out what Monroe and Maxiel were doing out there with 4 secs left when we had to have a 3? Were they there for a putback? No help since 2 was not going to do it. Who knows what would have happened if we had 5 players behind the arc instead of just 2. Sometimes the coaching decisions make no sense to me.

copper likes this.
  12. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Can't believe we were favourites for this one. 2.5pt favourites. And a total of 192.5? Not a chance

Whoever calculated that rubbish should be fired.

13. copper

copper Bench Warmer

it was franky tidbit

14. BillLaimbeer

Sports lines aren't calculated by anyone. They are dynamically adjusted in order to have a number that 50% of the gamblers will be above and 50% will be below.

15. copper

copper Bench Warmer

do the bookies know this?

16. BillLaimbeer

Of course. That's how they make money. Gamblers pay a percentage whenever they win a bet.

If 50% of the people pick a game correctly and 50% of the people get it wrong, the bookie will ALWAYS win, since they get all of the losers money and they get the commission from the winners' takes.

17. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

One of my best friends works as a bookmaker for a fairly major betting company.

Your statement is fairly innacurate.

18. BillLaimbeer

The bookmaker makes an initial line and the bets will push it up or down. You disagree with this statement? If so, how?

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Just to complete the thought, not only did we not foul early - but we fouled with 4 seconds to go in the game, just before the shot clock expired. Bynum committed the foul. Without the foul, we would have had the ball back in about a half a second. Our last shot would have only needed to be a two pointer, and so a lot less easy to defend. The mistake was compounded by leaving Bynum out there for the last play, giving us one less 3 point option for that play.

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Without the foul, there would have been a dunk and we would have been down 4 with 3 seconds left instead of 3 (because of the missed FT). It's not like Bynum accidently fouled or even fouled his man. He intentionally fouled Millsap after the defense broke down.

I just don't get what Frank was thinking. We weren't even aggressively trapping or trying to steal the ball. If there would have been 32 seconds or so, I could understand his strategy because we'd be assured an offensive look to tie if they missed. But with only a 3-4 second spread on the shot clock, a briefly tipped rebound would even have been a dagger.

We are 0-2 in OT and have had a lot of blown leads and close losses.