Ultimate Super Sleeper League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Oct 29, 2006.

1. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

anyone else get shafted this week because of the brawl?

i already was losing techs, now i can add another category to my losses - ejections.

thanks guys.
    would you like fries with this win twitcho? :chef2:

2. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Oh, I completely forgot that we count ejections in this league. My energy guy...Najera....was on the court at the scene of the brawl. Thus...EJECTION.

3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

a win's a win :D

unless i lose, then it was a cheap win for my opponent :pound:

4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

IMPORTANT!! I have put a hold on add/drops for 2 days while we figure out yahoo's o-rank changes.
    Some players have moved into the lower 140 for no apparent reason. This could ruin the spirit of the league. Please look at the rankings and give your input. Webz has dibs on Amare. if we continue.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

During this time, can we request 150 more moves? PULEEZE slippy? :cheerlie-GOAL:

6. Slippy

i'll consider 5:pound:

7. roscoe36

I'll take that (for starters)

8. linwood

linwood All-Star

Amare? Dude was averaging double doubles a couple of weeks ago. Sorry, man, but my number one man on the team is Chucky Atkins. I thought this was set and forget for scrubs!

9. Slippy

thats why there is an add drop freeze

10. linwood

linwood All-Star

Amare had 28 points, 10 rebounds, 1 block, shot 100% from the line, and shot better than 50% from the field. All in 28 minutes.

I know we all really want to win, but I can't see how this is in the spirit of draft your favorite scrub, and see how it all plays out over the course of the season.

11. webz

i believe the spirit is playing with scrubs, because i don't see much fun in playing fantasy basketball if you aren't involved, making decisions, playing the waivers, etc.
    it makes it even more fun with the scrubs because one minute they're hot, the next they're on the bench again. then you have to try and forecast who's gonna get minutes, production...
    personally i think the goals have changed since the 'set and forget' concept was first designed.
    i'd like to think there would be a difference between me being GM and leaving my dog in charge. no offense jack (my dogs name)

and the whole reason i contacted slippy in the first place is because i don't want amare. thats not in the spirit of the league IMHO. there were other good players down there too - claxton, hughes, maggette, darko, marvin williams, morrison.

slip, i think this is a permanent change, although some of the rankings are bizarre, some make sense. i think the only thing we could do is get the original draft list and manually check on that to see if a player was in the 140 before making a move. ??

12. linwood

linwood All-Star

No problem. I didn't mean to come off as a crybaby, I just truly enjoyed watching to see if some of my players got more points than fouls, or more assists than ejections!

I enjoy the bums league!:cheerleader:

13. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That would be the best- I can't udnerstand why yahoo sports is changing its ranking this often? Don't they know that this ruins our league? :-)

14. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I agree. The ranking on the day of the draft, if we can still get that somehow, should be the ranking that rules. If people have already taken players that fell below 140, I'm not sure what to do about that. (Didn't Alonzo fall to exactly 140 or 141 or something?). But I think part of the spirit of the league is as Roscoe put it "hating on the starters" :pound:. You shouldn't have a starter on your team or even certain high ranked bench players. Maybe if we can get a list of the draft day rankings, people can just drop their free agent adds that aren't below 140. They will have benefited some from having found them and added them, but probably really shouldn't keep them if there is a way to reconstruct the original list.

There is no point turning super sleeper into another open or novice league. If we lose the bench player emphasis, some of us will have three fantasy teams on pf.com that we are playing the same way except for our rosters. At least super sleeper should offer something different as webz has pointed out.

15. Slippy

we are going to have to police ourselves and honor the spirit. there may be some grey area guys but i think we have to deal with blatant errors like amare. we need to honor the concept of sleeper league. if anyone has an issue with a player, they can bring it up and we can discuss it.

i wil lift the add drop restriction and amare is off limits no matter what his ranking is.

16. webz

ok, so if you wanna check out the pre-draft rankings, as long as you excluded all the right players, go to Draft Central on yahoo, then click on Pre-draft Rankings, and scroll down to see the players you orginally excluded.
    i think we should go by that and any player that has slipped over 140 since then (and is not in the exclusion list) is ok, seeing as thats how we were playing to begin with.
    there are a lot of other good players besides amare out there now as mentioned above. but if we go by that original draft exclusion list, i think thats the way to go.

aurora, players move in and out of starting lineups all the time, i think that would be too difficult to have just bench players.

17. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Oh yeah I know, I mispoke. Starter wasn't the right word, I meant people like Amare. This sounds like a good plan to just go that initial list on the site. Thanks for directing us to it. For "starter" in my post, just substitute "Players 1-140 on draft day."

18. webz

hey, when can we start making transactions again?

my team is sooo last week.. .

19. roscoe36

YeS! AnD I nEeD aT leAsT 75 trAnsACtiONs. Puleeze. :)

20. Slippy

whoops!!! I was supposed to fix that. Well, ya'll be ready to go. knock yourselves out.