Trade: I'm Not Scared To Say It...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by dozero, Oct 27, 2006.

1. linwood

linwood All-Star

In my opinion, KG<< Ben + Rasheed. With Ben gone, we would have to give up Sheed, Dice and some youth or picks? I don't really see that as solving our problems.

Not that KG is not a great player.
  2. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I would take KG in detroit in a NY minute as long as we don't have to give up Tay, Maxiel, Amir, Rip maybe Billups only because he played with KG and had good chemistry with him.

Yes, KG can help, I believe he was the top three in rebounding for the past few seasons also
  3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No doubt. Regardless of what happens the 1-3 spots have to rebound better this year. Still, KG's boardwork is a serious step up from anyone we have right now.

He has turned into more of a basket facing player in recent years. Still, he can make his own shot, and with a little encouragement would go into the post. Of course, one might argue that his association with Flip in Minny may have made him a basket facing player so...
  4. max

max All-Star

I will give you 3 reasons why a KG deal will never happen.

21mil, 22mil, 24mil.

Thats what he is going to make over the next 3 seasons. 24 mil is Shaq/Jordan type of money. Allocating that kind of money better yield somekind of a game changer because you are going to have to fill many other positions with role players like Miami is doing.

I just don't see Billups/KG ranking up there with Shaq/Wade. We could probably afford to keep one other starter. Perhaps Rip,Billups, KG or Prince, Billlups, KG but forget about having a decent bench or matching any decent offers for Johnson or Maxiel if they work out.

Not going to happen. KG is just not that kind of game changer to warrent that kind of cash. Minnies mutliple 1st round exits and the fact that they have been a lottery team for the past 2 seasons tells me that.
  5. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Max, I know it sounds like a long shot, but I have learned to never underestimate Joe Dumars. He has pulled some real surprises.

we also have four draft picks this year.

A salary guru posted here earlier that a combo of Sheed, McDyess and Delfino would get the job done salary wise.????????
  6. max

max All-Star

Its not so much a question of can a deal be put together as much as it is of how much is going to be left for the rest of the team when KG's contract enters its final and most expensive years.

Would have roughly around 40mil for the rest of the team in order to stay under the lux tax cap. Give say 12mil to Billups, keep Rip or Tay for 10mil and that only leaves 18 mil for 9 other players.

If KG dominated games like Shaq did then sure why not.
  7. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I think the Darko/Arroyo and Mo trades, and Ben leaving taught Joe a lesson. You give teams players that they play on using for nothing in return, even if you don't plan on using them.

We gave up 2 potential starters, and 2 role players for 1 first round pick and 1 2nd round pick.

If, and hopefully if, CB wants out, you have to think Joe is going to get something in return. And if Flip can work on his flaws (bad shot selection, poor %), losing CB won't be so painful.
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

You're kidding right. This Piston team already lost one of it's all time best big men. If the Pistons lose on their best PG's in franchise history it will be extremely painful.
  9. final.wrath

final.wrath Banned - Sent to NBDL

if minny were to trade KG they'd want young prospects/draft picks and expiring contracts. we cant give them that.

besides, the wolves have a solid chance of making the playoffs this season if dwayne casey has any competency. they drafted a great player in foye, but I don't think casey will give him enough playing time to win ROY.
  10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Max does bring up three very good points... that's cap hell for three years... maybe if he was two years younger with good knees (not the case).
    It's a pipe dream folks.
  11. max

max All-Star

Yes he is not getting any younger. He is a great player but just is not that kind of a game changer to go with him and whatver else you can find.

You just can't take on that kind of contract with 4 other guys making 10+mil/season. Even Dallas has their limits. Maybe the Knicks would be interested.