Away Toronto Raptors Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Discussion in 'March 2014' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I had a dream last night that I was at some store at the mall and I met @lapiston. He was like 22-25 years old. We talked about the Pistons and I was surprised at how young he was.

I brought up Will Bynum and he just shook his head and smiled. "He's a third tier guard, c'mon!"
  2. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

You sleepin' again Ernie?
    Mogilny likes this.
  3. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

I used to be young but I am "older" now. I remember the Bad Boys. I think young...
  4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

So, here's the thing about Bynum. He reminds me of our old cat Bodhi. Bodhi would be snoozing on your lap then suddenly look up and see some object on the table. You could see the wheels turning in his head - I'm close to the table + there is an object there + no object should be on top of another object = time to knock that to the floor. He could get up, step over onto the table, knock whatever it was to the floor, come back and lay down.

Bynum does the exact same thing when he comes down on the break and is one on five - I don't see anyone with the same color shirt as mine + I can't pass the ball if there isn't anyone to pass it to = (the tallest defender is near the hoop) I'll drive or (the tallest defender is near me) I'll shoot a three.

On the other hand, despite frequently yelling at the TV when he is on the floor, I do like the guy. He does have heart (yes, Linwood) and he works hard. He knows he'll never be a starting point guard, knows he's probably a ten minutes a game kind of guy on a not great team. He probably also knows that every year he manages to hang on is another nice hunk of change into the retirement account or the kids' college fund so he does everything he can to spin it out as long as he can because he doesn't want to run a bad restaurant or a car dealership. I'd like to think there is always a place for a guy like him, but only if he comes in a few minutes at the end of the first and third quarters and then plays the first few minutes of the second and fourth, never complains, and works the starting guy hard in practice. And not if he plays the entire second quarter and most of the fourth. So, if anyone has pictures of him buying $500 bottles of bad Champagne and slipping hundred dollar bills into g strings, please don't tell me about it.

See how easy it is to shift a debate away from facts and into warm and fuzzy conjecture?
    brofmfa and roscoe36 like this.
  5. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Yeah, he's my man and so are you.
    roscoe36 likes this.