Away Toronto Raptors Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Discussion in 'January 2014' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

@ Toronto Raptors

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 7:00 PM Eastern

Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON

LOCAL TV: FS Detroit
    NATIONAL TV:

RADIO: 97.1 FM The Ticket

GO PISTONS!
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

For those of that have written off the Pistons....they are playing tonight and if the Pistons win this game it will be because to the play by KCP in the first half. Pope has 13 points and 4 steals to lead the Pistons to a 54-50 halftime lead.

After the guards laid an egg with only 17 points total last night, they already have 31 tonight (13 by Pope, 10 by Jennings and 8 by Stuckey). Only Bynum is stinking it up and he needs to sit the rest of the game.

With the exception of giving up five threes n the first quarter and then falling behind by 11 in the second, the defense has been great led by KCP and Pistons responded with a 14-0 run to get back in the game and take the lead.

If they play with that intensity in the second half for ALL of the remaining 24 minutes, they maybe able to break the streak...
  3. LA Dre

Disregard my last post as it meant absolutely nothing. The Raptors scored the first 8 points of the second half and never looked back as they win going away 112-91. Yep folks a 25 point turnaround for the "team". northeast of the border.

Mo yanked KCP 4 minutes into the second half...not sure if it was because Terrance Ross hit two of his five threes in the opening 2 minutes or not, but the guy who was leading us in scoring with 13 points and 4 steals, never got into the game again until the 4th and never scored another point or got a steal the rest of the game....in fact he only took one more shot the rest of the game and that was with less than 3 minutes left in the game.(garbage time). He basically led the team to halftime lead and the coach sat him in the third to assure that a loss would come.

The Pistons were outscored 34-20 in the 3rd and the game was over.

The Pistons did their best to live up to their league lows in FT shooting with a paultry 19-35 for 54%....Josh Smith who led the team with 8 turnovers last night, led the team in poor FT shooting tonight going 3-9. Dre was 2-6. Meanwhile the Raptors were 31-34.

The same holds true from beyond the arc....Pistons 4-16, Raptors 11-31 .. including Ross at 5-10 and Lowry 4-6.

Raptors center Jonas Valsomething out played Dre to the tune of 16-11, to Dre's 5-16. Greg Monroe was pulled at the beginning of the 4th and never got off the bench again...not even during timeouts. He was 11-11 and missed some more ez buckets around the rim. He only had one shot attempt in the second half as most seem to go to Jennings, Stuckey and Bynum. Jennings had 8 assists in the first half and one in the second.

Demar DeRozen was held to 2 pts in the first half, but put up 17 in the second half.

Six losses in a row and our hold on the 8th spot is finally relinquished tonight to the Nets who have won four in row putting an end to the Warriors 10 game win streak.
    brofmfa likes this.
  4. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Thanks again for the post, Dre.

Devastating.
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I kind of like this Raptors team.

Would the Pistons have a better record if Kyle Lowery were their PG?

Joe D might get a one way ticket to All Star weekend if this continues.

I'm happy for Amur Johnson.
  6. LA Dre

I would prefer Lowery over every guard we have on our team. His currents stats are 15.7, 4 boards and 7.4 assists pg
    Shooting 43% from the floor, 38% from beyond the arc, and 79% from the charity stripe.

Now that's not to say he would flourish under Mo and our band of non-shooters
    brofmfa likes this.
  7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

This report covers the last two games. CV is worthless as a defender. If he is playing, Dumars must be ordering it. Bynum can not even understand the concept of running an offense. Singler is an absolute joke as an inside defender. In these games, all 3 of these guys hurt us real bad. both games - though Singler was particularly horrid in this last one.

Our starters? Just fine, for the games as a whole. They certainly are not the problem. Our problems start when we have bench players on the floor. One thing different, Stuckey is back. But he is hardly healthy enough to play. Maybe give him another week to heal.

Finally, has this coach been ordered to tank the season? Pope was just about unimaginably good in the first half of this last game. He was put on DeRozan, their leading scorer, and held him to nothing in the first half while leading us in scoring while only missing one shot. And yet, he does not play in the 2nd half.

That is about it. By now, this coach has to know Singler can neither defend any front court NBA player due to his slight stature, nor stay with any NBA guard do to lack of foot speed. Continuing to feature him as the primary guy off the bench is why we are losing, so coach either has been ordered to tank - or maybe he is just blind. Back to the old question - why does Dumars not coach the team himself. That way, he would take all the responsibility for both who is on the team, and who plays. Bynum is a Dumars problem, one that has persisted over multiple coaches. Ditto for CV. This season can be saved, but I doubt anything good will come of this season, with Cheeks, or with a new coach, unless Dumars is let go.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I can all but guarantee Gores is looking for Joe's replacement as we speak/type. Joe really screwed up this time, it seems as if EVERY move he made over the summer is blowing up in his face.
    del likes this.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

62 to 37 in the 2nd half? I guess talking about doing better in the second halves isn't the solution.
  10. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

It becomes hugely obvious that our only legit players are our 5 starters, Stuckey and maybe Harrellson of the bench. I like Datome and think he could be good, but right now, we have the worst bench in the NBA.
  11. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Another nice loss, Charlotte is starting to worry! If we can stretch this streak to 10 we might have a shot at keeping our pick.

Monroes leadership qualities is starting to rub off on Drummond. Both those guys looked like they could start for Simmons Bad Body Language All-Stars.
  12. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I've liked Raptor's game more and more since their last trade but the Toronto's TV announcers are terrible. We gotta have patient with our youngs look at Amir, omg how many years it has been!
    Laimbrane likes this.
  13. George_athens

George_athens Second Round Draft Pick

Another embarassing game for Pistons... Only us, here im the forum, have realised that smth is going really wrong in this team? Pistons are actually a real team only in the first half the last 10 games. In the second half i can see 5 persons just messing around. No energy, no plan, no passion, no clear mind, nothing. I cannot understand why is this happening. I am big fun of Pistons, and here in Greece I don't know many others, and Iwatch NBA but I wiil stop staying aweak to watch Detroit. I will just ckeck the score the next day.
    With this performance right know we cannot win any team in the league (including Bucks!). How is this possible shooting 20% in 3p and 50% FT??
    Many things must change, but....
    Furthermore, I think Greg must stop aking for foul in evey attempt he looses!
    The only player I can see trying is Stuckey!! Although, I know that here he's got few supporters...
    I hope for better days...Next year,

George,
    KGREG likes this.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

You got to wonder how long these teams like the Raptors, Wiz and Knicks can keep winning when they start a C, 2 forwards and 2 guards. It's frustrating because it just feels like gimmick ball.

How do these GM's and/or coaches keep their jobs? Do they not have 2 more centers on their rosters they can trot out to start? Where is the PG who loves to run around in circles, take out of rhythm shots and pass the ball to the C's 15' away from the basket on a fast break?
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

I mean aside from every NBA game I ever seen, I've never seen giving a big guy the ball out by free throw line on a fast break turn out poorly for the offensive team.
    KGREG likes this.
  16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Drummond is playing too much. He is falling for pump fakes, fouling people, taking possessions off, etc. He was minus 24 yesterday and is by far the heaviest MINUS player on the Pistons team. He looks gassed all the time. Perhaps coach thinks a tired Drummond is better than a fresh [insert backup scrub].

I'd like to see Datome for 25 minutes for 4 or 5 straight games to see if he is any good.
    del and linwood like this.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

A guy without arms could get Drummond to go for a pump fake.

Drummond usually gets the most run with all backups which is why I think his minus is so bad.
  18. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

At this point, the tied-game-at-halftime-that-blows-up-into-a-twenty-point-deficit-by-the-end-of-the-third-quarter is becoming trite. It's quite a unique identity that this team has managed to construct for itself.

Why Cheeks shortleashes KCP is beyond comprehension. He's the worst coach of any Detroit sports team in my lifetime, and that's saying A LOT.
    linwood likes this.
  19. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Here's the deep philosophical question - who wins if Drummond is defending a Tayfake? It's like a modern NBA version of the unstoppable force and immovable object.
    LA Dre, del, BillLaimbeer and 3 others like this.
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

I don't think Drummond being tired is why he goes for pump fakes. I think you could literally pump fake him every time from the start of the game and he would go for it.