Away Toronto Raptors Wednesday Feb 22 2012

Discussion in 'February 2012' started by roscoe36, Feb 22, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Feb 22, 2012.
  1. Detroit

61.5%
  2. Toronto

38.5%
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

7:00 PM EST

TV: FS Detroit / NBA league Pass
    Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
  2. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Time to get the taste out of our mouth...Expect GM to prove something after his quick temper got him extra time to cool off on the bench last night and that extra time turned into the cavs comeback. I also see BK takin control of this one from Stuck and BG. He looked pissed after the ball hogs and isotay iced him last night.
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd like to see Ben Gordon put up at least 15-20 shots tonight.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Last loss was hard to swallow for the players. Too many errors made during the Cavs comeback.

Look for the Maple Leafs Raptors to be victorious..........
  5. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I have a hard time believing that anyone outside of this forum even know that this game is being played tonight.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

So you don't see the Raptor fans lining up to buy tickets to see Tay and Stuckey. :)
  7. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

It's because Chaz is hurt. Raptor fans wouldn't miss a Villanuewha homecoming.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like the interior defense is Taynking again....the rapts are hitting everything..and the Pistons are missfiring on all cylinders....
  9. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Stuck watching the box score - we're losing to the Raps? What's up with Stuckey/BG? BG's -17 in 19 minutes...that's Daye-esque.
  10. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Why Stuckey played only a few minutes? was he injured?
  11. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Huh, nice goose egg Stuck. Amir blocked Greg? :crying:Lots of fts though...
  12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

For second time in the last 10 days, the Pistons lost to a team that had a worst record them. (The Wizards the Sunday before last and tonigth the Bargnani less Raptors who had lost 4 games in a row.

Tonight when I tuned into the game the Pistons were down 55-52 after (according the Raptors announcer they had ran off a 7-0 run to get that close)..Then the roof caved in as the Raptors closed the qtr on on 19-8 run as they seem to hit every bucket they threw up. The beginning of the 4th was no better as the onslaught continued and Raptors built a 89-66 lead before a three by Knight started the Pistons comeback run which was a little to late as they could only trim the 23 point lead to 9 a couple of times.

I am not sure what happen to Stuckey as I don't recall seeing him after I tuned into the game. Once again our tww "rising all-stars" led the Pistons and the vets were just there to miss a few buckets and allow the Raptors to score and rebound at will.

I figured yesterdays loss would be a letdown tonight....but apparently somebody figured we were winning too much and getting away from the goal of the number 1 pick..so it appears that order has been restored for the taynking crew...
    basketbills and roscoe36 like this.
  13. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Thanks for the recap Dre. :) Searched around the inter webs and apparently there's nothing wrong with Stuck...except getting torched by DeRozan. Nice to see Frank is consistent - you play badly, you sit.
  14. BillLaimbeer

Wow, that's impressive by Frank to sit Stuckey if he is healthy. I'd like to see Frank sit Tay when he is having a bad game.
  15. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Frank denies tanking...we lose to two teams with worse records. :swords:
  16. copper

copper Bench Warmer

yeah that would b nice, but that wouldnt explain BG still getting minutes....EVER... Frank is gonna lose the team just like klueless and curry did and even flip. and for what? BG?? if in fact he benched stuck due to poor play on defense? he better take BG out behind the palace and shoot him. BG is constantly out of position and forever being scored on or turning it over or forcing a bad shot....Even the commentators for ALL the teams have refferenced it at some point during each game. They talk about how BG could go off back in his Bulls days...and then they go on to say he " really hasnt lived up to Joe Ds expectations" REALLY? These guys get paid to make that astute observation? The guy is crap on a cracker and for some reason I always feel like he gets the benefit of the doubt because he was a scorer years ago. Well guess what? I was a skinny kid with hair on my head and no hair on my balls years ago.....**** changes...
  17. BillLaimbeer

We just bad.
  18. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Can't i have my conspiracy theory?
  19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe Stuckey just decided to refuse to re-enter the game for old times sake? He looked a little lead legged this evening as did most of the team. They just didn't seem ready to play for whatever reason.

I honestly don't think I could have named 3 Raptors before tonight's game.

They've got an odd mix of 1st and 2nd year players and guys who seem to be on their last stop in the L. They seem like they should be pretty good though. They've got a decent cast of big guys and guards and they're very athaletic. They've improved on D. I like Dwayne Casey.

Monroe is kind of a nut. What was "so dangerous" about what Bayless did to him on the flagrant foul as Greg and George kept saying on TV? Monroe had his foot on the ground going up for a layup when Bayless body checked him.

Amir played pretty well. He's really filled out through his shoulders.

I was glad to see Walker Russell get some burn again.

Gordon and the Pistons are the equivalent of the parents staying married for the sake of the kids.
    basketbills and BallDon'tLie like this.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Really enjoying all the funny comments throughout the forum. Makes the losing so darn tolerable.

Calderon was pretty impressive I thought. So aware of everything.

Monroe is an aggressive dude. You would never expect it by just observing his demeanor, but when he's on the court, he really has some attitude. Seems Championship capable. Hopefully it turns out that Knight has a little Isiah in him so that our core has edge.

Not sure what happened to Stuckey, but we really could have used him. He's probably saving some energy for the rising stars game.