Away Toronto Raptors Wednesday Dec 19 2012

Discussion in 'December 2012' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

It would also show several outside shots altered by Daye's length. The only reason Daye is not even more effective on the perimeter - Frank limits him by insisting that he try to help cover for the mess of a situation he puts in for the power forward / center combo. One poster claimed Daye was losing his guy - but that is Frank insisting on that inside help. If Daye, and others, try to play out on the perimeter, he yanks them out of the game. The last thing Frank will ever do is actually play a front line that does not need the help. Yes, we are seeing a bit more of the combo of Monroe and Drummond now - but still just a tease. Drummond at just 20 minutes - one foul, is a joke.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If the scouting report on drummond is to foul him, them starting him makes a lot more sense than putting him in at the end of the first quarter. Gotta use him to get in the bonus.

I have noticed that more guys seem to be intentionally fouling him when he gets it down low like they were prepped.
  3. copper

copper Bench Warmer

so drummond was what 2-7 from the line? thats still 16-23 for the rest of the team. Tape or no tape on drummond anyone that close to the hoop is gonna get fouled. At least they will unless they play the pistons where the red carpet is layed out in the lane
  4. max

max All-Star

- begin paste

Pistons lose

- copy for next game.
  5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think Drummond needs a new routine at the foul line. He takes a deep breath and then stares at the basket for an awfully long time. I'm no expert (although I have played a lot of basketball...half court mostly) but I think he should have some kind of weird dribble like Rip, or do the sign of the cross or something like that.
    BallDon'tLie and linwood like this.
  6. copper

copper Bench Warmer

and continue til Joe makes a trade, coach gets his head removed from dark stinky place, or daye, max and cv begin to play out of this world , at which time Im sure coach will replace them in lineup with players that will struggle
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Drummond actually has pretty nice form at the free throw line. His shot is pretty smooth, fundamentally correct, with a nice release. The keys for successful free throw shooting in my opinion are confidence and technique. He already has the latter.
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

I think that's a great idea. He could also stand there and rub it awhile (Amir Johnson) and then blow a kiss to the rim (that stupid guy from Jersey last decade).

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. basketbills

I think developing a routine is equally important.
    coynejeremy likes this.
  10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree. Having a long pause in the middle of your routine allows too much time for your mind to drift.
  11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think you forgot to change the VCR back from super-slo-mo to normal speed.
    basketbills likes this.
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The funny thing to me is that rest of the Pistons roster seems to make some sense when they play Monroe and Drummond together. Austin Daye, CG, Bynum et al don't seem so bad when they're out there with them.

The roster is loaded with half serviceable offensive players. I don't see why they worry so much about hurting their offense with these 2.
  13. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

If you look at the roster almost 30 games in, there are not many effective players to choose from to produce points. The record speaks to that.

There is no player who can score consistently on the team. Actually, Stuckey comes the closest and I am not a big fan of his. In certain games, he has an edge in the match ups. Those games, he should take 25 shots. But this coach goes by formula.

At times, Knight has it going. Otherwise, there is no player who has had a serious offensive impact more than on an occasion.

The only other constant for the team has been Drummond's defensive presence. But Drummond has little offense at this stage and he is on a team that has very little offense to begin with.

I think the organization is starting to take a long look at all the players (hence Daye's minutes). What needs to be asked is who will run the team with Drummond at center and who fits in around him? For Monroe specifically, when is he going to get a jump shot? He will surely need a jumper to play next to Drummond and his offense needs to be more consistent from night to night. The Pistons will need players who can provide consistent scoring as Drummond develops on his own offensively in the years to come.
  14. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I would like to believe that they are playing daye and cv to see who will be on the team in the future...but I have seen this carousel go around before...next up will be jj and he will give us exactly what he gave us before he got benched and so on...and at the end of the year we will be sitting there knowing exactly what we knew last year...Daye sux, CV sux , max sux and jj is a energy guy who will be a solid 8th man. What we wont know is what our 2 youngsters can do...and if drummond will actually explode if he plays beyond 19 minutes. I dont buy the showcasing of daye or cv...because lets face it...Joe is the only gm that would give them a contract.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Drummond's main offensive contributions are rebounding on both ends of the court, shot blocking, and pick setting. It's why his ORAT is so high.
  16. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Drummond got the "pick" part of the pick-and-roll game down. He just seems like he's unsure about what to do next. He "rolls" but not with a solid intention to score. It almost looks like he doesn't expect to receive the ball and his only job is to set the screen. If he cut to the basket with authority after setting a screen, he will get more assists for easy dunks at least confuse the opposing defense and allow more layups for Stuckey.

Another thing is Prince needs to pass more when he drives for that lefty hook. There was one instance in the second half where he got triple-teamed and still forced a shot instead of dishing it out to two players who were WIIIIDE open.

You will notice that, come crunch-time, we stop executing and everybody tries to win it on their own. Whether it is Collider doing his bull-in-a-chinashop routine, Moose and his AAAAAAAND-1, or Knight chucking up heavily contested 3pointers. This is a sign of a team that's not confident in each other yet. We gotta keep making plays. Nobody on this team is a good enough player (at least as of now) to close out a game on his own.
  17. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Dre runs the floor and is often ahead of his man and in position for the lob and the lob never comes, He set screens and rolled to the hoop early this year when playing with Bynum and Bynum lobbed quite a few to him for the slam. The problem is that his " teammates" stopped throwing the lob and have used his screens to simply screen and do nothing...Andre throws some of the best screens in the league and his teammates dont actually do anything with them. Ive read the articles that are trying to convince everyone that the team is getting better, but anyone that actually watches the games can see that the opposite is in fact happening. Larry is trying to instill work ethic and defense first mentality in his team? why is only 1 player subject to the punishment? My fears about this coach are going to end up being true, he will set back Andres developement. Preaching 1 thing while doing another is never going to be positive re-enforcement. If he is going to preach defence and scold the youngster for missed assignments he has to do it to all players. Otherwise Andre is going to feel singled out and resentful. its human nature.
  18. basketbills

His rolls are not very impactful. He seems to drift aimlessly.
  19. copper

copper Bench Warmer

he has lately but again I reiterate that earlier in the season when he was actually receiving lobs he was attacking the rim after the pick was set. I can understand why he wouldnt waste his energy if you arent going to get a look why bother? which is a microchasm ofLarry coaching style.
  20. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I would like to point out that Drummond runs just like Moses Malone. Admittedly it might not be the best thing he could imitate from Moses' game, but it's a start.