1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Home Toronto Raptors - Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Discussion in 'March 2015' started by roscoe36, Mar 14, 2015.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree. We have the makings of a nice nucleus with RJ, KCP, and Dre.

2. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

KCP is really starting to look strong. He is starting to score a lot more, and generally be more confident.

roscoe36 likes this.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

From nba.com game summary

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

108-104 win for the Pistons who held on and survived a furious 4th quarter by the Raptors and win another one for the Pistons Palace fans...who had their own battle in the stands with the Toronto fans, who thought they could cheer their team to another steal at the palace.

The Pistons had a 18 point lead in third quarter and led by 10 at the end of three. The Pistons hit 12 threes, including 7 in the first quarter. All were from the starters as the bench missed all 9 of their three attempts. The bench which was led by Taynking Prince was outscored 43-16. Tay, Meeks and Shawne Williams were a combined 3-21 from the field. Tay did get a key hoop in the end and it turned out to the winning bucket, but he was no where his play in the last two games.

We were also beaten up in the free throw derby 27-16....they were 27-29 compared to our 16-24.
    Drummond had another double-double and the two guards KCP and Action Jackson had 54 points, 13 assists and no turnovers. Those were the three that carried this team to the win...

Although it was closer than expected, the Pistons did get to 100 first after being tied at 99 @ 2:35 left in the games and I predicted that the team that got there first would win. Also said after the 37 point first quarter, a 110+ game and win was possible. Hmm 108?? Maybe I should play the Lotto this weekend...

3rd straight win...but is it too late??

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    roscoe36 likes this.
  5. roscoe36

It's just on time. The Pistons are starting next season a little early. :)

Laimbrane and kolay like this.
  6. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We're right in the middle of the dead zone now... No way to know which thread to continue posting in? Tank or Playoffs...

S.J. and LA Dre like this.
  7. kpaav

kpaav All-Star Forum Donor

How sweet would it be if we won out and made the playoffs!

Laimbrane and kolay like this.
  8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Very good writeup.

Indeed, Tay triggered a 9 game losing streak upon being inserted into the Pistons rotation, and just making it look old. Butler is no better. Butler has had a couple more games of late of good scoring, so he is up to about 6 of those for the season, right on pace to match last season for him, where he had about 8 good games among a whole lot of bad ones. Still there is hope for the playoffs. Slim, but it is there.

In this particular game, Tay led our bench to about a minus 20, looked completely worn out mid 3rd when he reentered the game and just got more tired out from there. He finally put one in though driving in and that was enough.

Butler did have a couple of 3's in the first quarter.

Pope apparently got kneed, put him out of the game for quite a stretch, but he ended up with 5 threes. Jackson was just awesome, hitting shot after shot be it a floater, layup, or trey. He held off scoring much until the 2nd half though, and probably got a double double. Can't recall if he got his 10th assist or not.

Lowry was out for them with back spasms in the 2nd half, but I do not think that is why Jackson started scoring. He was just getting others involved, like he should. Lowry probably would have gotten burnt too.

As stated, not much scoring in this game besides Drums, Jackson, and Pope.

This bit of a win streak has been very fun to watch. Dinwiddie gaining confidence. Drums hitting that hook with more and more confidence. Drums making his free throws just when you think no way he can get one to go in. The 3 triple night Tolliver had last game. Pope knocking them down.

I heard no update on Monroe during the game.

Talk to you all in a week or so. Very little time these days. Still watching the games, but only once these days and I delete them. Cause I know I will not get around to rewatching them.

kolay, Mogilny, Walter and 2 others like this.
  9. junior

junior All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's going to suck when Monroe comes back next game and destroys the continuity.

roscoe36 likes this.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You can dress him this weekend, but keep on the bench until they lose....two in a row.

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Wow, was like a playoff game. Tor had so many fans there and the raps were trying to clinch. Quality win.

Reggie has great handles. Love the effort and determination.

Moose might also thrive without dre in this system by the way. I could see him terrorizing the interior with RJ and shooters.

max and roscoe36 like this.
  12. linwood

linwood All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

This is my favorite post this week.

junior and roscoe36 like this.
  13. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Here we are in the post Monroe era already. And it's not as bad as it could have been, yet. For a few stretches, particularly in the first quarter, this team looked really, really good. The ball moved, guys without the ball moved, and things went well. Toronto eventually clamped down on the defense and it got tougher, but the team stayed together and pulled it out. Nice.

Nice also is that the game provided a pretty interesting blueprint for the future, post Monroe.

I think I'd put my eggs into Reggie's basket. He relies much less on hero ball and he's a better pure point guard. Reggie and Dinwiddie could be a PG rotation for the future and Jennings, coming off a pretty good stretch of basketball before the injury could be tradeable. KCP is starting to figure out the game and certainly is at the bottom of the list for potential upgrades.

So, a quality three and four, a four with range, and a decent backup center and maybe...

My problem always seems to be Drummund though. Partly because he's so fundamentally unsound, but if we assume the Pistons can upgrade the other spots and move up to a 500 team, and then start to edge up from there, his free throw shooting becomes his most serious liability. Right now opposing coaches don't need to beat-the-drum because they're usually already winning and all they would be doing is extending the game and providing more opportunities for their players to get hurt. But if the Pistons are better, if they're winning, then every coach in the league will foul until Drummund has to leave the game. Ten years ago only a couple of coaches would try that strategy, but today I bet there are only a couple who won't. If Drummund can get to 60+% then the strategy becomes much less effective, but at 38%, all a team needs is a bunch of third stringers to send the big guy to the bench.

So, SVG has a lot of work to do, but he's got Cap Spayce, the draft, and Jennings to work with. And Drummund has to learn to shoot free throws if he ever wants to play on a winning team.

14. BillLaimbeer

Shaq never learned to shoot free throws...

15. roscoe36

I like Dre but he is no Shaq.

Mogilny, BallDon'tLie and linwood like this.
  16. BillLaimbeer

Yea, when Shaq came into the league, he immediately started averaging nearly 30 points per game. That is ridiculous. Those are like my rec-league numbers...

linwood, BallDon'tLie and roscoe36 like this.
  17. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Is it me, or is this playoff push recent five-game upswing starting to feel like a fifth mini-season? Jeez.

This team will go as far as Reggie can take them, and he's starting to show exactly what he can provide. I also think Tayshaun will have another Smith effect on the team next year when he's not back.

roscoe36 likes this.
  18. max

max All-Star

I am starting to notice that too. Like there is not enough room for 2 post players at the same time.

So nice to win this with all the Toronto fans comming to punk us out. Maybe that's why it was like a playoff game. Pistons did not want to lose to that either.

roscoe36 likes this.
  19. Susie914

Susie914 Team Captain Forum Donor

I hate all those Toronto fans screaming at the Palace like they belong there! What is the distance between the two cities? I remember this happening before too.

roscoe36 likes this.
  20. junior

junior All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

6-14 FG, 6-6 3P, 4-4 FT for 22 points with 1 almost AND-1?