Toronto Raptors Jan. 21st, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'January 2009' started by Dlev59, Jan 16, 2009.

1. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

thinking it was out of the after 3 min left in the first quarter timeout...

blaha commented on how the crowd was giving him a huge cheer lol
  2. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Kinda off topic, but....

The major networks like TNT have been known to turn down the crowd mics during the playoffs, which kinda irritates me, because it takes away from the excitement when the home team is on a run.....

Speaking of that, for anyone who has gone to the Palace in recent years (during the postseason).... is it just me or is the crowd not nearly as loud and raucous as they used to be? It certainly seems that way watching the games on TV. In 2004-05, that building was just insanely loud...
  3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That usually gets done to prevent local loud fans and players from getting loads of cussing on TV. The current regulations provide for some pretty serious fines for the network if they allows those words to get on the air.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

A 5 second lag with a guy monitoring for those swear words would probably do the trick. He would just need a little crowd noise button to push that would cover up the curse with 5 seconds of crowd noise right before it. Sort of like in the movie Speed with the video loop.
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

What crowds? Oh, you mean those announced sell-outs. Just a joke. Anyone who goes to games knows there are no sell-outs. Nothing changes that much over the years. The fans in the upper bowl scream loud,and the one's down below scream little.
  6. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Yeah, I happen to think the sell out streak died a long time ago, but the tickets can still be sold even if the people don't show up for the game.

And corporate take-over at NBA arenas is a %%%%%.... but it's not just the Palace. The Garden in Boston doesn't seem as loud this year as it was last year.... maybe they raised the ticket prices? I'll find out first hand on March 1st though, because I'll be at the Garden sportin' the Pistons red, white and blue. :)
  7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A lot of live events are covered that way.