Home Toronto Raptors Friday Mar 29 2013

Discussion in 'March 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

BTW...what was teh attendance tonight?? Couldnt have been more than 500 fans, could it???
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I would go ahead and call Drummond's game "great". He sparked the team to an early lead right from the tipoff.

How many guys can give you 17 points, 4 rebounds, 2 steals, and 2 blocked shots in only 19 minutes? Free throw shooting is his only real weakness, in my opinion.
  3. BillLaimbeer

The box scores says 19,322. I think they were counting anyone within a 50-mile radius of the Palace as part of that figure.
    Ernie the Slow Adult and linwood like this.
  4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Sad coaching. Time out after timeout just to ignore the glaring issue at hand, the starting unit can't function because it has no shooting guard. On occasion in this game, we ran a set where Calderon acted strictly as a shooting guard, and those worked. The idea that he, as a point guard, can do anything at all with no shooting guard in the game is preposterous. For those who want to lose the rest of the games, you probably love that Frank can't coach not even a little bit. No chance of winning games with him at the helm.

JJ had a decent game, on offense. But he is by no means an NBA power forward. I would say move him to small forward, but hey, Middleton should be playing that spot. Backup maybe.

No CV in this one. Middleton and Kravtsov only played in garbage time. Note, the game was not as close as the final score, as we were down near 30 shortly into the 4th quarter.

English continues to do fine, every time he gets a chance to play. But it some kind of crazy game of late, where if English plays, Middleton does not, or vice versa. Play them both if you care to win any games.

Knight may have suffered a broken nose. Which won't matter next game as he may have reinjured his ankle. Lets see. If Knight joins Bynum in a suit next game, that will leave only about 8 more injuries before Frank stumbles upon putting a shooting guard in with Calderon to start a game. It would probably have to be the last guy on the team available, hmm, of course the league would have to let us play with just two guys on the floor.

Drummond did look very impressive, but nobody can fix how bad our starting guard combo is. Except Frank of course who could simply start his choice of Middleton or English at shooting guard next game. My recommendation: (assuming Knight is injured now.)

Start) Calderon, English, Middleton, Monroe, Drummond.

2nd unit ) Stuckey, Middleton or English at shooting guard playing with the 2nd unit, JJ or Singler depending on matchup at small forward, CV, Kravtsov. JMAX is an extra big. English is the emergency point guard.
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That was fun for a little while. Drummond is fun to watch. I get excited when he's playing with Monroe and they're winning. They could win out this year doing that and I wouldn't complain.

Drummond went at the refs pretty hard and they let him get away with it. I love how he carries himself, his drives to the basket.

That's pretty bad getting blown out at home by Toronto. I'm almost numb to it.

Drummond, Monroe, Knight, Calderon, Singler, JJ, Middleton, English, Bynum would be a fun little team to watch.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That was a very important loss. We are only 1 game behind Phoenix for the 3rd worst record. Unfortunately, it looks like Phoenix might be able to lose out the season if they can fail against New Orleans. The rest of their games are tough.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Saw parts of the Piston game during the Michigan/Kansas halftime and time outs.

Drummond looked good, but I was just wondering what was the rush in getting him back on the floor? I mean I probably would have waited to bring him back only after we had tanked clinched the 3rd or 4th worst spot (notwithstanding the lottery draw) and then brought him back in games 80-82 to satisfy the fans that he was OK. I don't think I turned back to see the 4th quarter, especially when a one point Raptor halftime lead ballooned to 21 at the end of three.

Tanking seems to be their specialty when you are losing by double digits on your own floor to non-playoff teams.....good job LFrank...:bs:
  8. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

With Drummond starting I'm excited to watch the Piston games again and I'm almost as excited watching Max not start.
    BallDon'tLie and del like this.
  9. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

DRUMMOND!!!

...and then just the other usual mediocre stuff
  10. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I use the term " coach " loosely, at what point last night did everyone else notice how badly Singler was getting his @@@ handed to him? Is Singler the new sacred cow? Coach even yelled at Jose at one point when Singler made another horrible pass and over threw Jose at the top of the arc and Lowry was off to the races, Jose got back to attempt to challenge and fouled Lowry and Tidbit screamed at him as if he made the mistake...to which Jose screamed back. I dont think it would do any good to fire Tidbit now, but it might show the players that the organization is tired of this crap. Anyone that thinks he is still a good coach? if you do please enlighten me. I am not even trying to say that the squad that Joe has assembled should be winning and heading to the playoffs, but the young players should be developing and growing as players. The team should have an identity by now. This squad that stepped on the floor is worse than the squad that stepped on the floor to start the season. Thats a direct example of poor coaching, and a team that has had enough of their coach. They have quit trying, and I think Tidbits rediculous rotations and dnps for players has finally run its course and they see through his " earn your minutes" line.
  11. BillLaimbeer

I disagree. This roster is still crap. No coach would be doing much better.
    linwood likes this.
  12. copper

copper Bench Warmer

so you think another coach couldnt be teaching these kids? and actually forming an identity for the team? and getting an effort out of them?
  13. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Frank sucks but I don't wish him bodily harm.

Dumars should have cleaned house. Now he is going to be part of some house cleaning. We're like the wizards and that is truly sad.
  14. linwood

linwood All-Star

I think Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, and the Ghost of Red Auerbach (appearing like Obi Wan) could will this team to seven more wins and the 15th spot in the lottery.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Frank makes me tired. His insistence on the stupid 3-guard lineup with JJ & JMAX as your 4&5 is stupid stupid stupid. Why play a 3-guard lineup (2/3 can't shoot btw), an undersized PF and an undersized C when you have CV, Middleton and Slava swapping cobwebs on the bench?

JJ is the new Garbage All-Star.
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Does anyone think another coach could have found more than 19 minutes for Drummond last night? I understand the need to ease him back into playing, but it seems like he sat for an unusually long time after he came out in the 1st Q.

If he came out with 4 minutes to go in the 1st he could have sat until there were 8-6 minutes to go in the 2nd and been able to finish up the half with 16-14 minutes of PT. Instead he barely played more than that for the game. Frank (and not Larry Brown or Phil Jackson) has done this all year. It has nothing to do with being injured.
  17. BillLaimbeer

The coach has direct orders from Arnie Kander on what Drummond is allowed to do. Frank said in an interview before the game that Andre would play in 5-6 minute spurts and they would monitor his condition as the game progressed. He did exactly what he said he was going to do. Drummond played the first and last 6 minutes of the 1st half, and the first 2 minutes of the 2nd half. If the game was close, perhaps Drummond would have played the last 5-6 minutes of the game. No sense putting him out there with scrubs running around wrecklessly during garbage time.
  18. copper

copper Bench Warmer

except for the fact that every game he plays in he is playing with scrubs and blowouts...have we watched this team this year? By that method of thinking he wont play on this team ever
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The whole season is garbage time.
    del, Laimbrane and copper like this.
  20. BillLaimbeer

If the purpose of playing him is development, there was absolutely no reason to put him into the game in the 4th quarter yesterday. Not to mention, you have about 1% as much information about Drummond's status available to you compared to what the coaches and trainers do.