Toronto Jan 15 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'January 2008' started by max, Jan 13, 2008.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

But the thing that ticks me off is that we already KNOW what the starters can do and that we already KNOW that our seeding means nothing. What we DONT KNOW is what our youngens can do under pressure with minutes. LB proved that winning 60-65 games meams nothing if you don't get to the finals. I'll take a well-developed loss over a slack-lazy win any day.
  2. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I agree that Amir should play more to give us a better idea of what he can do, largely because his strengths (athleticism, shot-blocking, rebounding) are things that could fill in some gaps among the 3 big men we have in the rotation. We don't know he'd do under pressure, but I think it would benefit the team to give him a shot and see how he does.

I'd also like to see AA play more, but my point is just that his strengths are (IMO) largely already available to us for the playoffs via Lindsey. So I don't think AA has the same potential to be as uniquely relevant to our playoff hopes *this season* as a better-developed Amir might be.
  3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Afflalo is above all a scorer. Hunter meanwhile is the worst shooter ever in the history of the NBA playoffs. Most of the time Afflalo has played, he has been told not to shoot. Don't believe it? Well, ask me to go into that more if you wish. He did start getting more aggressive out there toward the end of the time he got to play for us, but the plug was pulled before he could get any comfort level. You know, we can't have guys not in Flip's plans have a real chance to show anything, can we. It would make the propaganda machine look awful silly.

On Amir, I will add this: Anyone who thinks we are getting the most out of Sheed, or Dyess, by giving them minimal rest in the 2nd quarter before they go back out there (or when they stay a few minutes to open the 2nd quarter), I got news for you. We need a fourth big simply to improve the play of Sheed and Dyess. They need more rest than they are getting.
  4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I wanted to give away 5 games this year just for the develop of this team. I wonder if flip's ridiculous ego can handle that?
  5. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    His ego can't handle losing a quarter.
  6. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

AMEN My brotha!!!! :sssh: