1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Toronto Feb 10 7:30PM

Discussion in 'February 2007' started by max, Feb 8, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That is a very cool stat site... :drool:

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

This is the NBA. What works in college does not translate into the NBA game all that well. When do you boxout? If we ever have to suffer Mohammed playing again, you will see he boxes out while the offensive player is drivng for a dunk. Completely out of place. There is a precise moment when you go from defending to blocking out. Part of the rythm of the game. The NBA and college are both basketball, but they have different rythms.

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I think DBA touched on this fairly well... Teams are adapting to Maxiell...
    When he receives the ball down low how often will it be kicked back out?... I would guesstimate about 1 out of 10 times... so what does the defensive team do?... of course, pack it in or double him... he needs to share the ball to ease the inside pressure.
    Dice is similarly selfish but he compensates with pump fakes (to draw fouls) and fade aways to to convert his attempts.

As for Sheeds dominance last night... well it's about damn time! lol
    Seriously it's gr8 to see him working harder to draw the inlet pass... I'll have to start calling him 1-4-3 now instead of 1-4-10 (good games to sleepers)... when he puts together 2 or 3 of these kind of efforts then I'll get excited... go ahead... I enjoy the taste of leather.

4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Just where in a five minute stint is JMAX going to establish anything. Last time he got good minutes in a game, he produced very well-and that got his minutes cut. Very predictably so. Flip has an agenda that apparently does not include JMAX from being much a part of things in the playoffs.

5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Of course he would improve by playing more than 5 minutes per... but our bigs are not logging major minutes and they are a better option for those minutes right now (unless Sheed goes on another two week funk).
    You don't have to repeat your desires for Jmax to play SF... I would think that Joe (he said he's only a PF) and Flip know a little more about his mobilty for covering smalls... Corliss didn't have to be concerned about the no touch rules.... There may be matchups @ SF that would work though... with bulky players like Artest & Patterson we could use a more physical presence.

6. raw36

raw36 First Round Draft Pick Forum Donor

Admittedly I have not seen much of the games, but I always feel that IF Sheed's head is in the game, his postup, turnaround, fadeaway with arms stretched move is almost impossible to defend, much like KG's. And with CB & CWebbs's passing skills, Sheed and the rest of the pistons will be much harder to defend.

Correct me if I'm wrong, during the regular season Sheed tends to bring his A game only when up against premier PFs (or when he gets T'eed up). Maybe he get bored when he sees Collins and Foster's faces haha.... no motivation to dominate....

Unless we meet the pacers and nets in the playoffs, I won't be able to watch these match ups again this season. But I'm sure I'll get the info I need from this great forum. Thanks :)

7. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How bout Joey Graham's sweet dunk on Delfino?! That was sick, wicked and nasty!