Toronto April 13th, 1:00 PM

Discussion in 'April 2008' started by Dlev59, Apr 12, 2008.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Afflalo just has to make good decisions when he is in the game. This is usually one of his strengths. When he took the ill-advised shot with Amir wide open under the basket calling for the ball, Afflalo simply made a poor decision. Hubie was right on the money.
  2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound:You were making a funny, right?
  3. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

LOL why do i bother trying to discuss anything with you.......

atleast your always good for a laugh....

keep the humor coming
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Afflalo may need more shots, but it doesn't mean that he shouldn't make the best play available. He should take the shots when he's open and nobody is in the better position to score.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Because despite the fact that lee can be rude, mean, belligerent, stubborn and caustic, he's our friend, and we love him very much. :MusicBigGrin:
  6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Quasimodo?:)
  7. round

lol.... nothing else to add.... but that made me bust up
  8. coynejeremy

Wait a minute, I thought this was only a somewhat joking thread.

Seriously, though, I love Lee for his original opinions. He is not afraid to pipe up and go against the grain. I respect him for that.
  9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'll 2nd this. I also love the fact Lee and i agree on alot of things. Definately makes him one of the smartest posters in my book. :)
  10. max

max All-Star

Just a reminder. 11 other posters agreed with Lee in that poll on AA and Amir being crucial to our successfull playoff run.
  11. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Who were they??:MusicBigGrin:
  12. coynejeremy

Yes, I think he has found a vocal minority on some issues that agrees with him. Persistence will do that. Plus, it's easier to find people to agree with you when a good percentage of your comments are complaints.:pound:
  13. round

Lee has alot of insight on alot of things, problem is that he is black/white to a fault and rarely see's the greys. He also seems to never change his mind as a situation unfolds, but he adds a great amount to my thought process of thinking about the Pistons. I might not always agree totally but I do take bits and pieces and always like to see different views so I can have a more indepth thought process.

Saying that, I question if the 11 other posters are as hardline as he is as to how far we will have to depend on AA to have a successful playoff run.

Do I think that there going to be strong parts of our playoff run, yep.... do I think they are going to be make or break for us though.... NO, but they could suprise me too..
  14. max

max All-Star

That was your poll, it was private.

14 yes, 8 no, 16 undecided.

It was from last month, pretty sure I voted no.
  15. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I know. Just wanted to find out how or if you knew who the 11 folk were!!!!!!!!:nerd2:
  16. mikhail1973

Not me.
  17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Not at all. I do not like Flip as a coach. Not in the slightest.
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Far as I can tell, I am in the majority on most subjects related to the Pistons. Now, maybe some people just can't handle being in the minority, and want to believe that only a very few people disagree with them? I see that a lot. If that is what you tick, well, its not the worst problem to have I guess. Me, I will continue to believe what I see, as I study the film on the games.

Now, someone commented that I see things in black and white, nothing in between. Far from the truth. Anyone who knows me knows two things about me: I read all the press. I read everyone else's comments. Now, why would I do that if my mind was all made up. Why would I read everyone else's opinions? Simple enough. As my hobby is studying game film, I always welcome people's input on what to watch for.

Here is another question. If my mind is so made up, why do I spend hours studying film to check out all my and other's observations? Hey, I might get something wrong the first time I see something, but I get it right in the end, by studying the film of the game.

Am I opinionated? Not really, believe it or not. If you ever sit down and talk with me about something, you will find I can talk both sides of a subject, and and find two or three other ways to look at something besides. In contrast, compared to myself, I find most people I talk too much more opinionated, often very unwilling to even think along my lines of thought. On this forum, I find a lot of people very opinionated indeed.

Now, if you mean, do I have opinions, yes I do. From studying film. From observing the NBA for these past 35 years or so. From following several teams each year for the past five years or so. Yes, I have opinions. But it does not make me opiniated if my opinions happen not to match yours.

Here is an example. Someone trys to tell me Curry was a good defender his last years with us. I say no, he was not. And I won't back down from that opinion. Does that make me opiniated? Nope. I studied film extensively on Curry, and all the plays the other team used to take advantage of how slow Curry had become in his later years in the league. I know Curry was a very poor defender those last seasons for us. Not believing Curry was a good defender at that point is an informed opinion. Simple as that.

Another example. Afflalo got a lot of praise in this last game on how well he guarded Ford. But me, I have been studying film all year, watching in frame by frame how well Afflalo reacts to the opponents move. Watching his footwork, every move he makes. Nobody is going to tell me Afflalo is not an exceptional defender. I know he is. Opinionated, or having an informed opinion - I say the latter.
  20. mikhail1973

Lee, we love you, man. We really appreciate your contributions. I personally love to read your caps, especially since I don't have time to sit by the TV and analyze the games and the plays. And, in most cases, I agree with your conclusions. Keep it going.