Toronto April 13th, 1:00 PM

Discussion in 'April 2008' started by Dlev59, Apr 12, 2008.

1. raxrets

raxrets Starter

Let's say, Stuck will get some phantom calls a la Wade. Are you going to damn them as in case of Wade? If not then double standards apply, yes ? (Shame on you!)
  2. PistonFanInCavsTown

PistonFanInCavsTown First Round Draft Pick

Wow, this was a great game for the bench! Flip plays the quarters almost hockey-style, and the second line pulls out the victory in the 4th against what is likely Toronto's playoff rotation.

Stuckey just looks great. It likes like he has the confidence to force the issue inside on offense with results. I scanned the box score and was shocked to see that only 3 Pistons attempted free throws yesterday: Stuckey (8), Billups (5) and Ratliff (2). A bench player whose contribution includes a focused attack inside the paint is exactly what we need come playoff time.
  3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

What worries me come playoff time is; both he and AA will get absolutely no respect at all from the refs, either on defense or offense.

Remember, they are rookies. Especially going against a team like Boston.
  4. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

sadly if you don't get the wade/lebron calls within the first week of your rookie season (aka mandate from the league office) you will never get that level of call... lebron and wade both got calls that any piston vet would have loved to have gotten there first run in the playoff..... unfair but thats the way it is.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agree there. Some of our vets may never even get the Wade/Lebron/kobe calls. A non-lottery pick like Stuckey may not even get the extra calls that a Kevin Durrant would get (if he even gets them) because he wasn't there playing from day one as an integral part of the every game lineup

I wonder if that # 2 pick we had who should remain nameless would have gotten any calls like his fellow top four draftmates if he had played everyday:sssh:....nah
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I really don't want to get phantom calls, but I feel like Stuckey is one of those players who is able to get contact almost every time he drives. He's a guy who could get a lot of calls and they call all be deserved.

Mainly though, I just want our defenders to get the benefit of the doubt on strips and blocks. There is nothing worse than seeing Sheed cleanly block a shot, only to get his 2nd foul and have to head to the bench in a playoff game.
  7. round

agreed i don't want to be given calls... but i want every player to be treated equal... sorry i don't care if your the 12th man on miami or lebron... if its a charge its a charge, or if its a block its a block. the refs shouldn't make a difference...

This concept the league wants there star players on the court i think is an excuse... There the best players for a reason, they will learn to play with the new policy probably better then the mid talent players... sure the growing pains would be there but if they started it in the pre season next year by christmas folks would have it figured out and by the time the playoffs came around it would be a non issue.

a few years ago the tv caught the refs during a time out talking about how many fouls shaq had... my question is why? And if it was caught once you now its happened many times where nobody did catch it.
  8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Although let's remember that Daniel Gibson got 10 billion calls last year in the ECF against the Pistons, and he was just a rookie. Not that I expect any of our rookies to be getting friendly whistles in the playoffs, but it does sometimes happen. I still have absolutely no idea how Gibson got all those calls in the ECF last year.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The Pippen effect. Except he's starting to turn out to be BJ Armstrong.
  10. Dlev59

To be more frank than Roscoe - Gibson plays alongside Lebron, as Pippen played alonside Jordan.

We have no Jordans or LeBrons, so...............
  11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Just because the annoucer said he should not take the shot does not mean he was not suppose to take it. Afflalo needs in game practice shooting the ball, and most likely was told to quit deferring so much. The shot was clean enough, he just missed it. Afflalo needs practice shaking people too. Its all part of learning the NBA game. Hubie Brown knows basketball, but he does not know what is going on with the dynamics of this team as far as who needs to learn what. Afflalo not only should have taken the shot, he should be put in the same situation more and asked to create his shot, repeatedly.
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This is sorta the same tough love approach my dad used to help me improve my grades.

It was a big help along with the beatings, sensory deprivation and starvation.

:) ;) :P
  13. round

I watched the play and was thinking to myself long before the tv repeated what i was thinking.... what the heck are you doing?? pass the ball... he was doing his best lebron out there.. dribble to the right dribble to the right if it was a starter I'd said the same thing... when your almost at the 3 point line and covered you don't do that... pass the ball to the post... he was wide open. And the camera went right to flip you could tell he wasn't happy... being active and not deffering is one thing holding the ball for that long isn't. Heck It was vintage Hunter right there.

And that was the only comment that Hubie said that i referred to... i laughed all day long at things he said that were SOOOOO far off.

PS... next time Hunter does the same thing.... remember he's rusty and just working on his game..... I know you would never complain about his offensive game....
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We have 4 all-stars though (if you count Sheed and Dyess). And the best backcourt duo in the league. Plus we have a bench with a nickname. How many teams can say that?
  15. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Actually, wasn't Theo an all-star in his past life?
  16. raxrets

raxrets Starter

Do not forget hunter too...
  17. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Theo actually was selected as a starting center for the 2001 All-Star game, but couldn't play due to injury. I don't believe Hunter was ever selected, but I may be wrong on this.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He was never an all-star, was he? It's been a decade since he shot over 40% in a season.
  19. Dlev59

True, however, they don`t get the respect they should from the refs!

Maybe that will change this post season.
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

That just makes three people wrong, you, and the announcer, and Flip. Afflalo has to, for the good of the team, look for more shots. Flip should chill.

PS, looking for validation from Flip gets you no credit in an argument with me. Now, if you use that Flip likes something as an argument against that thing, thats another story.