To All the Stuckey Haters

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BG*CV*STUCK, Nov 29, 2009.

1. BG*CV*STUCK

BG*CV*STUCK Second Round Draft Pick

Why all the hate? He is having his best season sor far. He is only in his 3rd year. No he's not Billups, but CB had a bad couple of years before he got better. Stuckey is averaging PPG 17.3 RPG 4.9 APG 3.9 STL 1.6 or 1.4 can't remeber. That's not bad. And he's only going to get better. No he's not ganna give you 20 and 10. But he's pretty consitient. Some games he can have 8 assists and some games he can have 2 though. Respond with your opinion
  2. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

My problem with him at this point is that he seems to have little interest in sharing the ball. That might change a bit when the injuries clear up but at this point he isn't even looking to set up his teammates. Coach Q even commented after the last game. At some point he has to realize that when he has the ball and three people are guarding him that means someone else is open.
  3. BG*CV*STUCK

BG*CV*STUCK Second Round Draft Pick

Q said that after the game stuckey had 0 assits. The very next game he had 8. I think that he feels a need to score when rip gordon and prince are out. The only options are him bynum and villanueva. Maybe Q needs to preech to him more about passing and he could get 8 again :)
  4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

True....but if everyone on the other team, and everyone watching the game, knows when you drive you never pass your game will be severely limited. He just puts his head down and goes to the hoop. What percentage of the time have you seen him drive and dish to someone?
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Doesn't seem to me like people are unfairly criticizing him. There is just an analysis going on.
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I sometimes can't tell the difference between Stuckey's hoop IQ and his assist per game average.
  7. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

What's his TS%? FG%? Any other shooting percentage? Low.
  8. MACKSnare519

MACKSnare519 First Round Draft Pick

I think it's because Stuckey IS playing well... but missing that one crucial thing that would make him a point guard... running the offense. Right now he's just in score mode. He makes some nice assist here and there that shows flashes that he can pass, but that needs to be a major part of his game if he's going be our PG.

But right now, I couldn't be more happier with Stuckey. He's giving it his all. He seems to be a humble guy, the rest will come. He seems coach-able...People really need to appreciate what he does do well.
  9. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

I'm convinced some people are just delusional with their analysis on Stuckey. He's killing it this season and not the reason for us losing. Maybe we're losing because two of our best players have been out (now three with Gordan injured)? Maybe because our scoring option at SF, PF, and C is Charlie V and then nobody?

Remember when everyone used to complain about how our guards would never drive the paint? Now we have a guard who can drive the paint (Bynum can as well), but we complain that he gets blocked. I just try to ignore the Stuckey hate because it really makes no sense to me.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Plays should be set up where he drives to the hoop and dishes to the waiting big instead of all that double clutching that leads to a block/stuff..
  11. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Well, we don't exactly have the right bigs for that. Our bigs are scrappers/defenders but they aren't threats around the rim unless they're getting put-backs. It's a trade-off, but Stuckey can't be blamed entirely. People want him to be Steve Nash when he has no Amare to draw the attention and catch/finish inside. They're also not great at finding open spot on the floor.

It would be nice if Rodney upped his FG% as well (it is climbing slowly), but you can look at our impressive offensive rebounding numbers and give tons of credit to Rodney and Bynum for breaking down the D, and getting to the rim. They may not always get the bucket, but it moves the D, and opens up guys like Big Ben for tons of rebounding opportunities. I believe this has played a big role in Ben's sudden 2nd wind. We've got 2 of the most relentless driving PG's in the league. It may not always be pretty, but it can be pretty effective even when the initial shot doesn't go in.
  12. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Stuckey is Stuckey, he is not the game manager Chauncey was...hell Chauncey wasnt the game manager until he got under LB and learned how to play the " right way" Stuckey is becoming better at the pull up jumper and he is still fearless attacking the rim. I like the fact that he is in there rebounding with the bigs and he is gettin his nose dirty on defense too. For Stuckey to rack up the assists? he needs his bigs to roll to the hoop and they are not doing that. Our offense is very stagnant and Im hoping it is because we are missing some key players due to injury. We are a guard oriented offense and I wish we had a big that played with his back to the basket but we dont. Kwame has the hands of a 3 year old and is "VERY" limited in offense ability. Ben will rarely get ya more than 4-5 points on any given night. Max made some jumpers today that he usually doesnt. The guards are the only ones consistantly scoring the ball and when that happens? there arent alot of assists to go around.
  13. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Because I'm sure Kwame "Butterfinger" Brown would catch them.
  14. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

Exactly... Ben, Kwame, Wilcox etc - they aren't there to pass to, so how can Stuck get assists?
  15. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Stuckey need a better scoring front court to make himself look better.
    What he can do now is work on his shot to raise his shooting percentage.
    To me...It seemed like Chauncey's goal was to make the TEAM look better.
    Stucky needs to learn that.
  16. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Playin the " right way" for a pg is differnt than any other position on the team for exactly that reason. He'll get his recognition when the TEAM does well and he's dishin it. He'll have to take over a game and get his just like Cnote did on occasion.
  17. LA Dre

To late for Ben, Kwame, Wilcox and even Max to learn, but we got newbies in there like JJ, Daye, CV and even Tay that Stuckey and Bynum can at least practice the alley-oop with. :sssh:
  18. copper

copper Bench Warmer

very true that there are some young guns that can hopefully grow into that role. Once Daye gets a few fat grams to stick to his bones he will be a player, and JJ is really growin on me fast....he is balls to the wall hustle and he is slowly gettin some respect from the zebras for that. experience and confidence along with familiarity and they will hopefully be here for the long haul.
  19. copper

copper Bench Warmer

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Billups Explains Lack Of Aggressiveness

just relays what I was sayin about Stuck learnin to get his when he needs to and let the TEAM succeed
  20. LA Dre

Billups did that with the Pistons often not even getting involved until the second half when it was crucial and sometimes to late when he and Sheed decided to take the night off.

Pierce, Kobe and Wade sometimes are passive in the first qtr letting other guys get involved, but if the teams needs their points in the 4th qtr they are to step it up.

Right now with half of the so called Pistons stars in street clothes, Stuckey is going to be more aggressive to the hoop, but we can only hope that with a full staff back to work say January or so, he plays to win looking for his team mates and not thinking shoot first and ask questions or pass later.