1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Time to get serious about evaluating prospects at #9

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jun 12, 2012.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I think too big of an emphasis is put on shot blocking, I'd rather have a player who can defend a smaller player late in the shot clock as a result of a switch than a shot blocker......now if said player can do both, like Big Ben Wallace used to do.......AWESOME!

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I dunno man. Our lack of shot blocking made me want Javale Mcgee on the team. That's just wrong. Besides that, I want help defense.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Arnie Kander has forgotten more about snake oil than Eustice P. McGargle ever knew.

4. Slippy

2012 Draft Study Results | NBADraft.net
    This starts midway thru a wall of text but is interesting read.

5. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Perhaps he was talking about...you never know. In this years playoffs, Miami came through with it's number one shot blocker (or just keeping things alive) at the most critical times. We are of course talking about Wade...and his very short 6-4 stature.

6. Slippy

7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

8. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Big day tomorrow (Or today? .. BIG MONDAY FOR US)

Let's hope for the best.

9. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

When I look at a photo of T-Zel, nothing really screams "bawla" to me.
    [​IMG]

10. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

He's got a nice smile, if you like corn............

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  11. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

It's more before-the-fire-Freddy Krueger than bawla.

12. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Just keeping you informed, guys.

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  13. BallDon'tLie

There's gonna be some trading going down.
    I just read on the internets that Minnesota traded their #18 pick to the Rockets for Chase Budinger and the rights to some foreign dude. Houston is said to be stocking up on assets in an attempt to get Dwight Howard. One rumored way that they plan on doing this is to trade #14, #16 and Kyle Lowry to Sac for Tyreke Evans and the 5th pick. The plan is to turn around and send Evans, #5, #18 and Kevin Martin to Orlando for D-Ho.

I don't really see an angle here for the Pistons to get involved in this deal but I wouldn't mind seeing Joe look at moving the #9 pick to acquire 2 assets (a pick and a player, 2 picks, 2 players). I'm just not stoked on ANY of the guys that have been talked about as potential Pistons @ #9.

14. BallDon'tLie

...another rumor:
    Cleveland trading #4 & another pick to the Bobcraps for #2. I guess the Cavs want Beal and Washington is rumored to be picking that dude at #3. Charlotte doesn't know who to pick at #2 so they might be thinking just punt the pick and snag a dude at #4 along with another dude with Clevelands #24 pick.

15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Wouldn't it be nice to read that Joe had some sort of thought or plan as the draft approaches? Unfortunately we haven't read about Joe having a plan in place since he signed Gordon and CCG.

16. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Joe won't make any trades. he's to busy making history.

I don't have the energy to calculate if he's already broken into the top 10 but if not he's there any day and he's just two years away from cracking the top 5. Watch out Philly.

Pistons’ trade drought the 12th longest of all time, will move into 11th « PistonPowered

17. BillLaimbeer

Cool research. This is real evidence of just how bad Dumars is doing at his job. If you were a good team and you were on this list, that is a different story. How can you go 3 full years without making a trade? Wakey, wakey....

18. BallDon'tLie

I know what you mean man.
    I read these rumors and can only live vicariously through these other teams that are actually trying to do something.
    Joe has assembled more bad contracts than Fannie Mae, and that makes it next to impossible to have any sort of significant roster movement. This pretty much stamps-out any hope of shuffling the deck in hopes of fast-tracking a rebuild.

I'm underwelmed by the prospective players that are being looked at at #9. When I look at mock drafts and see Boston drafting TWO of the guys in the 20s that we have at one time conserdered at #9, I get discouraged. I hope that Joe has the sense to either trade down to snag an extra pick or at the very least, select the best player available IRREGARDLESS of position. If Doc Rivers' son is a lock to be a future all-star, I'd rather have him than some guy who is destined to be the next Joe Przybilla or DerMarr Johnson just because we need a big guy to stick next to Greg Monroe. The Pistons are desperate for assets more than players.

When I see a team like Houston making these moves, it pisses me off. I don't think it will happen but they could actually pull off a series of moves that result in Dwight Howard and Deron Williams being in Rockets gear. Just the fact that they could conceivably do this makes me envious. Houston isn't South Beach or Hollywood. I go there all the time for work and no offense to Houstonians, it's a crappy town. They only attractive aspect for Houston that an NBA player might look at is the fact that Texas doesn't have state income taxes. Other than that? Detroit is just as attractive.

The Pistons are in absolutely no position to make changes to the roster and bring some new energy and excitement to the Palace. We are stuck with adding a late lottery pick to the existing group each of the next few years until some of Joe's past mistakes come off of the books. Then and only then can we as Pistons fans experience the type of "hope" that Rockets fans have today.

The Pistons absolutely owe it to us fans to not only use the amnesty clause but buy-out one or two more players as well (even at the expense of going way over the cap). The sooner we clean house, the sooner we can log on to the HoopsHype rumor page and hope to read encouraging speculation on what our favorite team might do.
    ...and the sooner Joe can form a plan and begin to execute it.

19. BillLaimbeer

I really don't care if the Pistons share their vision with us. I just need them to do SOMETHING. Three years without a trade. Hands were tied? Blah, blah, blah.

I agree, BDL. Draft an impact player. I like Austin Rivers. Dump some of the waste. Make a trade. Amnesty BG or CV. Give us a new look. Do SOMETHING.

I hope Mr. Gores is not as patient as we have been.

20. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

"we"...............you must have a mouse in your pocket.