1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

tigers vs. angels

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by professor, Sep 2, 2006.

1. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

angels score 1 with two outs off jones to tie the game in the top of the 9th.

then guillen leads off the bottom of nine with a deep ball of the wall in right-center that should've been a triple, but he pulls up with a hammy at second base. perez is running for him. pudge up to bat

2. professor

pudge grounds hard to first, casey gets walked. runners on first and second, one out. infante's up, but the angels are changing pitchers.

3. professor

now we've got runners at 2 and 3 after a wild pitch by their reliever. infante facing a 1 2 count.

4. professor

crud! infante strikes out. santiago flies out to right. tigers strand 2 and the game goes to xtra innings. k, i'll stop now. either everyone's watching or listening themselves, or nobody cares but me tonight.:)

5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

I'm watching it. I'm just over on detnews Tigers forum.

6. professor

right on g. perez with another boot! :mad:

7. professor

:frusty:

aarrghhhhhh

8. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

and the tigers lose 7-2. A great game pitched by Verlander and the Tigers have nothing to show for it except a loss...

9. bezeach

and Guillen got hurt, sprained his hampstring. Hopefully hes not out of the lineup for to long...

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Another costly error on a routine groundout and the perfect record for September is ruined and to add insult to a Guillen possible injury, both the Sox and the Twins win and pick up another game on us:frusty:

I only saw the 8th and part of 9th inning up to the point where Guiilen limped off but left assuming the Tigers would get him. I just got home find out that not only did the Tigers lose, but those dang lucky, fighting Irish rallied to win their game:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

11. bezeach

That made me mad to. Georgia Tech just needed a little more offense. They were so close to stopping the fighting Irish on 4th down, so they could get the ball back. The fighting Irish have a really tough schedule though, so hopefully they lose once or twice.

And for the Tigers, they have a chance to take the series over the Angels. There on ESPN tonight, so hopefully they put on a good show.

12. LA Dre

I hoped but it didn't happen. This series could have been a Tiger sweep based on the pitching performances, but the lack of hitting in the last two games ruined almost certain wins both nights and a chance to push the Sox and Twins back to six games. Bad fielding last night and just the lack of finding the open hole in the infield. :(

They gotta take the next series just to maintain the cushion homefield advantage over the yanks if it comes down to that in the end.

13. bezeach

Tiger win 6-2 against the Mariners. Chris Shelton is back, it was fun watching play again. Robertson had a good pitching performance. The Tigers should have no problem winning this series.

14. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Win 1 lose 2. Win 1 lose 1. Win 1 lose 2. Win1 lose 1. Thats what it seems like lately.

I think their magic number is somewhere around 21 to win the division. (i.e. any combination of Tigers wins and Twins losses reaching this number and the Tigers win it). Seems like an awful lot these days the way they are playing.

Not complaining. Just would like to see a couple of 2 game winning streaks for a change. We're fortunate the Twins and Sox have done almost as poorly as us. It won't continue. WQe'd better start winning a bit more.

15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'll be happy with a 1/2 game division win.

16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

The league won't let that happen (they would make up the game), but I see your point.

The way things are falling, I think I'd settle for a wild card spot right now. But that won't be worth much either the way we are playing.

17. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Tigers give Dmitri Young his unconditional release. It was reported on Detroit sports radio, according to the fellas on TigerTalk.

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Damn Tigers lost again. Geezus.

19. bezeach

and Zumaya got the loss. If they had two more runs in both games, it would of been a sweep. Instead we lost the series...

20. LA Dre

Tigers vs mariners ...tigers vs the Pressure

With the Mariners showing up on the schedule for labor day, the Tigers were looking for a little relief that was supposed to be three automatic wins from a team that was horrid on the road. :ohwell:

With the losing woes continuing, :help2: and it looks Dumbrowksi has made :gun1:Dimitri Young the scapegoat and released him to show the team that they better wake up or else.:sssh:

Some stats to ponder: The Tigers entered the month of August with a record of 70-35 and proceded to win 6 of their first seven games in August to go 76-36 and be the proverbial 40 games over 500. Since then they gone a pathetic 9-19 barely holding on to what was once a 10 game lead only because the Twins and Sox have had their issues too.

The team has gone 7-13 since Polanco went down (is he their MVP)
    Of the 19 losses since 8/1, seven were by one run and 8 games were loss by two runs.

While the pitching has been slightly inconsistent, they have been able to keep the era low enough to give the Tigers a chance to win, but the offense has not been able to gel at all these last 4 weeks and even if they do manage to hold on and back into the playoffs, does anyone really think thay can get out past the divisional playoffs:kleenex:

They are truly under pressure and they got to get at least a split with the Twins this weekend or they can probably kiss the division crown good bye and fight with the Sox for the wild card.