Tigers Season

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Hotsauce, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

Well so far its very up and down. Win five, lose four; win one, lose one.
    This team has to stay consistent with starting pitching. Verlander goes out and has a great game, then blows in his second start. The bats are looking very good, though. As long as they all stay healthy, they seem to do a good job. Another big factor is the errors. I think we only have 2 so far this year, which is amazing for the Tigers.
    I am a huge baseball fan, but I cannot trust the Tigers until they show some sign of consistent play.

:fingerscr
  2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Yeah, Hotsauce, you mentioned it: consistency. They don't have enough pitching. And they have a few old dudes who may suffer from nagging injuries this season (Ordonez, Pudge, Guillen). Bonderman got absolutely mobbed yesterday by Cleveland. He needs a third pitch to keep opposing hitters off balance. Bonderman has been a disappointment so far. Will he be another guy with "great stuff" that never materializes?
  3. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

Bonderman has been disappointing, but overall I like our pitching. We've got a bunch of young guys that show promise. Offense is still our weakspot. Yeah we tore it up early but how much of that is Shelton singlehandedly winning games? Yesterday pitching was stellar, but our Offense was anemic. Shelton HRs and the only score of the game. Shelton has a handful of triples, all these doubles, without him we are 3-9 instead of 7-5.

Mags is awful injury or no. Young seems to have fallen off the edge of a cliff, consistency is right, but not from our pitching. We are still stranding guys on 2nd and 3rd. Yesterday we had guys on 1st and 2nd I believe with no outs, and couldn't get them home. That is unacceptable.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Moroth, has a fellow lefty to talk to in Rogers. And he's looking solid so far.
    ...Last year we batted between .285 and .270 that sould be good enough.
    ... Once Bonderman gets his grove on this team could be playoff material.
    Defense is good.
    Believe it!
  5. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Wow I am impressed. Tigers have now won 6 in a row. Its amazing how much a factor a good coach it. There's a lesson there to be learned there by the Wolverine head hanchos. But I don't mind. They can take their time cause we still are down by about 20 losses. :frusty:
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

What's impressive is the W's on the road.
    ESPN was talkin' bout the team ERA being 1.55 over the last 9 games.... has our youngsters finally grown up?.. heaven knows we've been picking in the top 5 long enough.
    Nice to see a veteran mix...
    They have to prove they can beat the Chisox before we can say they're for real.
    Good stuff so far... maybe worth making the trip down with the kids.
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

The Tigers are for real but based how real we expect them to be. Our farm system is the key for us to saty out of that Y2K drought we were in. I see 90-72 being a GREAT year for us meaning we only have finish the year 70-62, a lower winning pct than we have RIGHT NOW. I am very proud of them . Sure we will have losing straks but I cant see us losing more than 5 in a row at any given time. The 3 headed monster of Z, Rodney and TJ seems to be a great idea of Leyland. All we need is 6 innings of good pitching and they can take the rest. Offensively, we still need to learn how to take more walks, but we are aggresive now and I dont want us to lose that. If Ordonez gets HOTTER and has a .320/35/115 season ..well here's my projections:

Granderson .282 17 65
    Polanco .299 6 55
    Rodriguez .291 15 89
    Ordonez .314 31 108
    Guillen .311 22 100
    Shelton .309 24 98
    Monroe .275 26 85
    Young .265 16 60
    Thames .282 14 43
    Inge .260 18 61

Rogers 18-13....Bonderman 17-11....Maroth 14-8...Robertson 14-11..
    Verlander 12-10..total 75-53 others/bullpen 15-18....for 90-72
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That's very optumistic, HQ.
    85 wins would be fair. But we have made inroads against the Twins whom have used us in years past. Any win against the Sox's is gravy.
    Shelton 35 dongs.
    Maroth 16-8
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

The Tigers are doing really well. Is the town excited about them? Are they for real? Has anyone even noticed with the Pistons kicking butt? I don't hear much about them.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Tied for 1st 38 games in.
  11. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Last night's game was perfect. Two of the best teams in baseball playing each other; Ken Griffey hits a grand-slam; Tigers still win with heroics in the last innings.

Wish I had been out at the old, oops, NEW ballpark.

Gotta get some tickets this year :fingerscr !!
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That was a big W!