Tigers TIGERS AT THE 33 AND 1/3 MARK REVIEW

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by OLD SKOOL HQ, Jun 4, 2013.

1. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Aslong as were in 1st place I ride VMart, but I do start forming a plan for late Aug forward if his hitting doesn't come around.
    Nemo likes this.
  2. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

Insider article talks about dropping Martinez, putting Miggy in the DH and picking up a decent fielding replacement with similar stats to VMart. Mentions Chase Headley and Kyle Seager.

Doesn't sound too bad to me. Fielder and Cabrera are both fairly average fielders.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Let me give you some hope for VMart:

Last 28 days: .286 average/ .738 OPS (Fielder hitting .289 over same period for comparison)
    Last 14 days: .300 average/ .914 OPS
    Last 7 days: .348 average/ 1.052 OPS

Maybe he's coming alive. If he would have started the year like that, we would have been overjoyed.

The logic of the article is that a defensive replacement can match his offensive stats... which is probably true for the 1st 2 months of the season, not true for the last month, and hopefully nowhere near true for the rest of the season.

Having a protector for our Miggy protector is awesome. The less they can pitch around our studs, obviously, the bigger their impact. Hunter, Peralta, and Infante are all hitting .300 ish or higher as well.

Avila is the only real disappointment.
    TheeTFD likes this.