Tigers Tigers 2013

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TaS, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Tas, those stats are for bat prowess. Not total bases.
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

So why don't you pitch to him with 2 out 3 on and a 3 run lead ? !!!!!!!!!!!
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just saying that if Ortiz struggled vs the Tiger pitching and looks to be the MVP in the WS vs the Cardinal pitching who's to say that Fielder wouldn't have had the same success, especially since he had faced those guys in NL days. So you are right its a "big maybe," a "what if "and a "if only" scenario in the Tigers fans minds. Series can be turned on one or two swings of the bat and the Tigers lost their games on 4 swings ...all homers by Sox..despite excellent pitching.

Sorry to keep this open, but as Leyman said in his exit pressor, "we let this one get away from us" to those Duck Dynasty Sox team...
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Ops is the key though, as it includes walks. I'd just like to see it paint the full picture with steals.

Easy adjustment to make though and I'm sure ball clubs have their own stats that goes several levels beyond that.

I just went to a dinner last night and listened to Theo Epstein speak. Very impressive in terms of the data they get and the regression analysis used to sort through the data. They will probably be a powerhouse in a few years. Made me a little worried about the tigers' future after this big payroll ends.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Well apparently you can be very competitive with $60M. You just gotta let a lot of good expensive talent go and replace it with young talent.
  6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Why do you keep calling him Leyman?
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think he was just putting it into Leyman's terms so you would understand what he was talking about.
    coynejeremy and LA Dre like this.
  8. LA Dre

OK Leyland..... There is a guy that works for us name Leyman and I send him emails and I am used to typing that name.
    coynejeremy likes this.
  9. LA Dre

Final word now that the 2013 season is officially over. Congrats to the Boston Red Sox who squeeked by the Tigers on the power of a couple of grand slams and then manhandled the Cardinals. Big Papi whose only claim to fame in the ALCS was the GS (and a big one it was) off our closer winds up having a big series in the WS and wins the MVP by virtue of having the most hits, batting .688 and having the shortest beard.

How ironic that the Sox have now won two world series the year after the Tigers lost it?? We lose 2oo6, they win 2007....we lose in 2012, they win in 2013...

No cigars for the Tigers, but they should rack up a few post season awards with hopefully the CYA, MVP and possibly comeback player (if they still have that) for VMart.

Just think if the Tigers had been playing tonight with the 3-2 lead over the Cards & won the clincher tonight ???? Well you would have had a Piston opening night win in Auburn Hills and a pre-Halloween Devils night fire burning celebrating frenzy in all of Detroit................:hmmm:

See ya next year and now it's back to DEEtroit Basketball.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Too bad Miggy's pop was gone. With all of our pitchers clicking, I think it will be tough to ever duplicate that part in future years. I liked our formula.
  11. LA Dre

Not about to start a Tigers post season award thread, but wanted to add an unhearealded award to the mix that was picked up by Verlander.

Justin Verlander humbled by inaugural Bob Feller Act of Valor Award | MLB.com: News

In addition, both Torii Hunter and Miggy picked up Silver Slugger awards yesterday.

The heavy hardware announcements are due on the following days and the Tigers are favored to snag two of them.
    Award schedule:
    Nov. 11: Rookie of the year winners announced
    Nov. 12: Manager of the year winners announced
    Nov. 13: Cy Young winners announced
    Nov. 14: MVP winners announced
  12. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Martinez should get Comeback Player of the Year, too.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Also, comeback player of the 2nd half of the season. That was one of the more amazing turnarounds that I can remember. He looked washed up for a 90 day stretch.

Mar-June: .232 average, about .620 OPS
    July-Oct: .367 average, over .900 OPS
  14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

what happened late june ?
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think he got his timing back. Maybe it's that difficult that it takes a career .300 hitter months after such a long layoff.
  16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2013 CY YOUNG WINNER FOR THE AL--------------- MAX SCHERZER!

What the Tigers have to decide is whether they have a team based on PITCHING or one based on hitting. PITCHING is teh key.
    I say ---sign SCHERZER NOW!! 5 years, 100 mill.....Trade Fister and Porcello for some hitting and a couple of rough n tough dirt bags..
    Base your starting rotation like the old braves -Glavine, Maddux and Smoltz then WHOever!!! we have Verlander, Scherzer, Sanchez and Smyly!! thats Just FINE!!!!
    Our 2013 set positions: CF-JACKSON RF-HUNTER 1B-FIELDER (WHO WILL BOUNCE BACK) SS- IGLESIAS DH- MARTINEZ 3B-CABRERA are as as set as anybody in baseball!!! We have a catcher the pitchers love in AVILA who will benefit from Ausmus (as will HOLLIDAY and MCCANN in the minors)
    That leaves SECOND BASE and LEFT FIELD. Left Field is easy with a solid DIRKS from the left and CASTELLANOS from the right....
    I'd sign a veteran like Schumaker to go with Perez....The bullpen WILL SIGN JP Howell..but can we get Joe NATHAN to go with RONDON and ALBURQUERQUE...

I still feel like G STANTON is headed to Detroit from Miami for Castellanos, Alverez and Porcello...and FISTER is gonna get a couple of guys..

2014 -WORLD SERIES OR BUST!
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I agree and would never ever let a pitcher like that go... especially one in his age prime who just showed dramatic improvement.
  18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2014 BACK TO BACK MVP-MIGUEL CABRERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    roscoe36 likes this.
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Should of gone to Big Poppy
  20. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ortiz .309 avg, 30 hr, 103 rbi, .395 0bp
    Cabby .348 avg, 44 hr, 137 rbi, .442 obp

Not even close.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.