Thus far, Joe-D's screwed up this off-season..

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jul 7, 2013.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I learned several years back that my voice can drown out everyone else. I try not to post too much so that everyone has room to get their point across.

My job is to make sure you guys can talk about the Pistons, not to push my agenda or point of view.

2. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I knew thats what you think and would say.... doesn't mean I don't wish to hear more of your views :P, maybe if this guy name NotRoscoe36 were to join the board and post alot.... lol, I know......

mikhail1973 likes this.
  3. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I think that we all know you well enough to know that your mission wasn't to create a hoops forum just to hear yourself rant.
    One of the few remaining things left that you could do to make this place even better than it already is would be to actually post more and not hold back on sharing your views or challenging the views of others. This place is for YOU too man!

I think we're all intelligent enough to differentiate between "roscoe the contributor" and "roscoe, President of Forum Operations".
    Your point of view only adds seasoning to the soup. ...I don't think ANYone would disagree with me.

As long as you follow the rules and be respectful of others :smiling:.

raw36, del, Woody and 2 others like this.
  4. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

As long as Roscoe36 won't create too many "Roscoe appreciation threads" he could definitely post more :6shoot:

Walter and mikhail1973 like this.
  5. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Sorry, I didn't mean a direct comparison. I meant that Austin was a total bust last year, despite a few people hyping him up.

6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I agree, that's why you should create a profile for Microwave and post

roscoe36 and mikhail1973 like this.
  7. roscoe36

Thanks for this sentiment. My goal here has always been to make this YOUR forum.

There is a resiliency to having a lot of personalities posting instead of the forum being dependent on 1 or 3 guys for the majority of the content.

So that's what I have been trying to cultivate. An environment where there is a lot of room, and little judgment or permission required, for people who want to step up and say or do something.

That's why the "be nice" policy is so important. If we can maintain a level of respect, then we can grow our core. If we treat people with different ideas or opinions badly, then everything falls apart quickly.

Pwn Toney and brofmfa like this.
  8. roscoe36

1. You're welcome to name 3 better offseasons and make your case for them.

2. No not believing.

9. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Never has been the fans. They await the continuous moments of now. The fortuitous moments are just so many bugs on the windshield": Sometimes you're the windshield.
    Sometimes you're the bug (MARY CHAPIN CARPENTER LYRICS - The Bug). Further thoughts, need not apply.

JD backed his way into the box. All these analytics are strange beast and his current success is merely following a certain pattern (lottery); take the parts that vary and encapsulate them, so that later you can alter or extend the parts that vary without affecting those that don't (Design Patterns, Eric Freeman & Elisabeth Freeman, pg. 9; ISBN: 0-596-00712-4).

What's going on? It might be important to recognize that a certain pattern is emerging: the past authority is shifting to a greater reliance on the authority of the present. Witness: Kidd (recently removed from an active player to head coach); Brad Stevens (out of Butler and now the 17th coach of the Celtics) with a six-year contract, etc. On the home front, you have an Italian, that few have seen play, with a 2 year, 1.5 M contract (never on an NBA court) and newly signed CB that is contracted for 2 year, 2.5M per year, (team option on the second), which means that the pattern of the latter will evoke (as a player no less) his historic influence for those 1-2 guards on the bench. Oh yes, we forgot: the signing of Sheed, as an assistant coach for the big men. This should be interesting. Here you have a huge talent that many thought on par with Chamberlain (complete with picture) and after nearly two decades, a mountain not climbed and his personal hubris never understanding the power of Zeus. For Chamberlain, it was all an external accomplishment (born, Beverly Hills, CA., 1936) and those little things like fouling out of a game (1045) that never happened. Make no mistake, he was never shy, but always, and most importantly, he was always under control. It was his hidden key for happiness.

Albert Camus, in his 1942 essay The Myth of Sisyphus, saw Sisyphus as personifying the absurdity of human life, but Camus concludes "one must imagine Sisyphus happy" as "The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."

Chamberlain seemed capable of scoring and rebounding at will, despite the double- and triple-teams and constant fouling tactics that opposing teams used to try to shut him down. As Oscar Robertson put it in the Philadelphia Daily News when asked whether Chamberlain was the best ever, "The books don't lie."

10. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Great saying, that exactly what lots of peoples are doing.

11. roscoe36

I am trying to read this right now. It's misery.

Or maybe I am too autistic.

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

There's several good ways to draw R36 out: Praise Billups to demigod status, dog Sheed and bacon.

13. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

don't forget successful Pistons...he cannot resist to IT !

14. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Or just break a window... :)

15. roscoe36

I am much less emotionally invested in those topics (except bacon) over the last few years.