They should just hand the Yankees their championship rings.

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Latinoking90, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Murph

Murph First Round Draft Pick

Hey...what's up? I enjoy reading both boards regularly. And I'll try to post here more often.

Although sometimes I think my agrumentative style of posting is better suited for the other board...:swear2:
  2. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

I believe those incentives can lead up to 6.5 mil...so he really should have just went with the 10 mil for guaranteed money.
  3. Latinoking90

A-Rod took steroids in 2003 according to SI.com

*shakes head*

The media is ruining baseball.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You're joking right?
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

As I understand it, steroids were not banned when those random tests were taken.

That would mean that baseball will not be able to reprimand anyone on that list (suspension, locking them out of the HOF, etc.). Besides that, MLB and the player's union had that confidentiality agreement on this testing.

However, that agreement does not necessarily stop an investigator from a legal case from using the data. So, anyone who testified under oath that they have never taken steroids seems to be vulnerable to perjury.

So, basically, if you were a player on steroids and you tested positive on this random test, you could have just admitted it in court and you would have been untouchable. Maybe unpopular, but still OK. That's basically what guys like McGuire did when they took the one two three four FIF. Bonds obviously perjured himself for reasons unknown... well, I guess I know why he did it, but it wasn't smart.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

7. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

The big concern is 2004, when he was pre-warned about an upcoming roids testing. Several players were warned that first testing season that mattered. He won't comment on that though.
  8. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

It is not smart to lie to Uncle Sam. :granade:
  9. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

10. Latinoking90

Not really, I mean why isn't their a Mitchell Report for NFL or any other sports?

I mean is the baseball hall of fame going to have a special steroid section now?

And it sucks for little kids who look up to these guys. Sometimes a white lie is needed.
  11. roscoe36

Maybe it should. Obviously juiced guys have a big advantage. If you're not juiced, you can't match their numbers naturally.

And I am for juicing, but let's not play games and pretend these guys just eat a hearty breakfast and lift some weights.

They are bio-chemically engineering themselves to be supermen in order to make more money. That's reality.

Lies are never needed. If you have to lie, then you are doing the wrong thing. It's really that simple. Don't do something you have to hide or be ashamed of.
  12. Latinoking90

Baseball is a sport where you can play long enough if you healthy, and I guess everyone who took the juice was because they too wanted that. It does have it's benefits in that players last longer and don't get as injuried.

I believe baseball players weren't ashamed that they did, just ashamed at how much Congress and the media chews them up.
  13. roscoe36

The league was complicit. After the lockout, when Jammer's beloved Expos got screwed out of a title, the home run derby between Sosa and McGuire helped bring the sport back.

Selig and the slugs milked the steroid supermen for everything they could, and never asked questions.

Well, that's another deal altogether. Who should decide what goes into your body? You, or the congress?
  14. Murph

Murph First Round Draft Pick

Well, I guess I'll stop talking up A-Rod to my six year old. No more A-Rod Jerseys, posters or books for his birthday.

Jeter is looking better and better.
  15. Latinoking90

Jeter has always been the better/best Yankee since being on the team.
  16. Latinoking90

Why is why fellow sports fans don't try to knack on Big Mac too much, they BROUGHT back the excitement to the sport.

I say your body, but then people bring up Roe vs Wade. It's banned now though, so I hope all future MLB players never do it again.
  17. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

What? I thought that Roe v. Wade upheld the same principle that Roscoe is advocating: the government should not have control over what we do to/put in our bodies.

i'm confused by your post (I promise Roscoe I'm not trying to turn this into an endless political debate about abortion)
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I wonder if there is a potential class-action lawsuit from the baseball fans here regarding the steroid scandal. Was your enterainment value damaged if you went to watch your favorite team play and they lost 10-9 after McGuire hit 3 home runs?

I remember reading once about how minor league players have been damaged by this, and there was potential litigation brewing from that.
  19. Latinoking90

Oh sorry, I meant that the government shouldn't even have a rule. But people say that Congress should input their decisions resulting in Roe vs Wade.
  20. Latinoking90

I hear that some pitchers are mad as heck that they try to strike them out (hitters such as Bonds & A-Rod), but the the hitter had strength he shouldn't have.