"There is something about his demeanor, his body language that's wrong."

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by 16 Mile, Oct 27, 2006.

1. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

McCoskey rips Delfino, again, in his weblog-DETNEWS | Weblog | Pistons

Normally, I would just say this McCoskey just showing his usual bias against certain players. But, what he said is something a lot of people say, and it's something I don't get. How and why would anyone judge a player based on his "demeanor" or "body language?" It's like a line from Chevy Chase, "You know, he's got that look."

I mean does Kobe smile? Tayshaun? Darvin showed passion, where is he? How bout Okur, he had the same "lack of passion," and he's one of the top centers in the NBA.

Whatever happened to judging players on their play. Yes, Delfino's shot has been broke, but during pre-season; averaged 3 assists per game, he led the team in steals, 1.63 , by a ton; shot better from 3 than Murray; and got more defensive boards than Nazr, Sheed, and JMax. Now if those aren't hustle stats, I don't know what is.

JMax is growing on me, but I hope he doesn't get minutes because he makes monster dunks and "shows passion," I hope he gets minutes because he can score inside, get rebounds, and play defense better than the guy ahead of him.
  2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

All I really know is that
    1 year extension >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>det news blog.
    I watched detroit play GSW and in the warm ups darko was detached and flipping up trick shots and I felt like he was outta here. Are we talking that kind of body language?
  3. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

nope. i go to games and i see players shooting lots of bs. sheed regularly shoots well behind the 3 point line left handed. i think it's just some people around the detroit area and organization don't like people with the laid back demeanor or language barriers.

maybe the pistons were showcasing him playing him 46 minutes that game. close to a triple double from a backup sg/sf should get some people interested. then the writers would get to write about how he didn't play like that for us.