There are THREE players in the draft that will drastically improve our team:

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jan 12, 2012.

1. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

Nice post, S.J.

Anthony Davis is definitely a 4, but I'd rather add a high-flyer at the 4 than a plodder at the 5. As for Drummond, people have accused a lot of very good players of not being passionate about basketball. Andrew Bynum and Greg Oden were both criticized for that to a certain degree. Sometimes it's true. Sometimes it's not. As long as he's not lazy, I'll take him. There's not much you can do about lazy.

I really like Jones, but he'll go through periods when he floats around outside and settles for jump shots. I'd like to see him attack more frequently, or at least crash the offensive glass more regularly. If he can turn into a "stretch" 4, then I would really like him. I don't like him as an oversized 3. As a 3, he starts to feel a whole lot like Tim Thomas, and that's not a good thing. He's definitely a player to keep your eye on.

2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd like to see 48-minute stats before I form an opinion.

3. J-Train

Against Arkansas, his 48 minute stats are=

36 points, 19 rebounds, and 9 blocks. Them's Rodney White numbers.

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I find it odd that so many people still think of Monroe as a PF.

5. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

You're right, he is a really tall combo guard.

kpaav and coynejeremy like this.
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Kendrick Perkins V:2.0?

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I take Davis over Drummond. Question for all you guys clamoring over Drummond: How many UConn games have you actually watched live to see his game? These kids get ranked in HS and it just seems as if people adopt those rankings into the mock draft and just make the player into what they want him to be. It's like Derrick Favors, he was a beast in HS, as a I watched Georgia Tech games......I couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about. At Georgetown Greg Monroe CLEARLY DEMONSTRATED that he could play, but he seemed to lack the explosive athleticism to play thrive in the NBA. Saying all that, if you watch Anthony Davis you'll notice that he's pretty much a clone of Marcus Camby, which is the perfect player type of player to pair upfront with Greg Monroe.

8. linwood

linwood All-Star

I haven't watched Drummond play, so I am interested on your thoughts about his strengths and weaknesses.

I have watched Davis in about 4 or 5 games now. Marcus Camby is a great comparison. Davis plays big, and I think he can be an excellent defensive force.

9. J-Train

I've seen Drummond play twice this year; against Notre Dame and either Virginia or West Virginia. He's just a physical specimen who seems to have good feel for the game. The comparisons to Dwight Howard are ludicrous. He doesn't have anywhere near Howard's athleticism coming out of high school. He reminds me of a more explosive Andrew Bynum. I will admit to falling in love with his size and athleticism during HS all-star games, not because of his play this season, which has been solid but not spectacular.

I would be more than happy with Davis. He doesn't seem to have Camby's length, but he looks like a better athlete. I believe that both of these kids could really help us.

10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

That's my point! The same thing can be said about Derrick Favors. Call me Old fashioned but give me the guy who has shown that he CAN play, I'm tired of all these 'unlimited potential' players that have mastered nothing but 1 on zero draft workouts.

I watch UConn everytime they're on TV, Drummond does not impress me at all, not nearly as good as Demarcus Cousins was as a freshman or Greg Monroe. The kid at Kentucky is exactly what the Dr ordered but he's not the savior, yet another piece, we need a beast on the wing BAD!

11. linwood

linwood All-Star

You can watch Anthony Davis on ESPN3 right now. Catch the second half and put a face to the ping-pong ball race.

12. #1PickToDETROIT

#1PickToDETROIT Second Round Draft Pick

New to this board, but a long-time Pistons fan.

I personally want Davis because I think he has a higher ceiling than Drummond, and he's already proven himself at playing a higher level than Drummond has. Drummond is a man already, and Davis still has room to grow (and has that 7'6" wingspan going for him).

I say we get Davis this upcoming draft. But I don't think that will be enough to get us out of the lottery next season, so with said lottery pick we draft Quincy Miller out of Baylor as our "explosive wing."

Then we get rid of everyone else on the team outside of Monroe, Knight, and maybe Daye, and make some good off-season moves. (Which is saying a lot..)

13. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Welcome to the PF..........your member name is very appropriate. :)

14. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Welcome to the forum. I totally support your member name. :thumb:

15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, great first post!! How long have you been a Pistons fan?

16. #1PickToDETROIT

#1PickToDETROIT Second Round Draft Pick

Since before I thought we would ever have a chance to land a #1 pick!!
    :nailbiting:<--- Just like this guy, I'm already nervous for the draft lottery!