The West

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Sep 14, 2005.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

While everyone keeps talking about the Big 3 in the East who do you guys think will be able to knock off the Spurs in the West? I don't think anyone will stop the Spurs in the West this upcoming season, but I think the biggest contender would have to be Houston (They would be real good if Yao wasn't so soft.)
  2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Don't sleep on Sacramento...

I really like the Kings lineup. Look for Peja to rebound with a great year. Sacramento has been working with a severly injured lineup for the past couple of years. I expect them to make some noise. I also, believe it or not, like Dallas. I like the things Avery is doing with the ball club, if he can continue to have this team improve on defense they could suprise some teams as well. In particular, I am really looking at the battle for starting shooting guard between Christie and Stackhouse. I have always been critical of Stackhouse's game. I think McGrady described it best, "forced". But his loyalty to Detroit and willingness to adapt his game (thank Rick Carlisle for that) have me rooting for the guy. Doesn't he still have a home in Detroit? I expect to see alot of weird things in the West this year. Utah turnaround, Memphis and Seattle will tank, Golden State and Lakers will chase .500 all year, Houston will underachieve (sorry, I've yet to see legit chemistry from this team), and Sacramento will return as one of the elite teams in the West...just a couple of my predictions.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Peja's contract is ending, and the 06/07 season is a player option. Since he is underpaid by FA standards for his production, I expect him to treat this like a contract year, forgoing his option and looking for a max deal starting in 06/07.

A focused and motivated Peja could be enough to push this squad back into the WCF.
  4. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I think out west we are going to see a surprise team rise up and challenge the Spurs. I am thinking maybe a team like Denver.
  5. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

The only way I see a team challenging the Spurs is with a major trade. Which could involve Paul Pierce and the Nuggets.

Watson
    Pierce
    Melo
    Kmart
    Camby

Not a bad squad, but I wouldnt say they would be contenders.

But who knows.....
  6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Yeah I never thought of the Nuggets. They did really good after the All-Star break.
  7. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

They are too young and inexperienced to be contenders but they could give the Spurs a run for there money like Seatle did this year.