The Sad Truth:

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jun 25, 2009.

1. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

Face it, no one is going to give us a young stud like al jefferson, brook lopez, josh smith, etc...or even a free agent-to-be like chris bosh or amare stoudemire (at least at this point in the season) for tayshaun prince and/or rip hamilton. Dumars has talked a big game (trade-wise) this off-season, but...as always...this probably will amount to nothing.

I hate to be the voice of reason here, but don't get too excited tonight - The most lilkely course of action for the pistons this off-season is rather boring. It's probable that we draft the best available front court player at #15 (i'll say its going to be Earl Clark, for now). It's probable that we're going to select a bunch of euro-bound prospects in the second round. It's probable that we're going to sign either Carlos Boozer or Paul Millsap, depending on whether or not Boozer opts out. It's probable that we're going to sign Ben Gordon. It's probable that we're going to TRY to shop Rip Hamilton for a big man (jefferson, lopez, mare, etc.). It's not probable that we're going to get a great one. I would guess that we end up using him as a sixth man until the deadline...when someone gets desperate...or until next off-season.

C: K. Brown, ???
    PF: C. Boozer/P. Millsap, J. Maxiel
    SF: T. Prince, E. Clark?, W. Sharpe
    SG: B. Gordon, R. Hamilton, A. Afflalo
    PG: R. Stuckey, W. Bynum

2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    According some of the newer rumors, Pistons are not ready to throw a sink at Boozer. There's not much out there that excites most of us here. However, maybe, just maybe, Joe has something up his sleeve. Although his magic seems to be running on empty as of late.

3. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

i feel as though people are EXPECTING a big deal...im just bringing everyone back to reality...im hopeful as well.

4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I would agree that it's more of HOPING at this point. You can't really expect anything