The Other Guys; Henson, Leonard, Sullinger, etc.

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Slippy, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Boston played in both leagues. That's a great idea. Sullinger is playing as advertised with good footwork and post offense. Same issues going against guys like Drummond.

Henson had 'the flu' which if it doesn't last a week is actually food poisoning - and missed the first game. Was very active in the 2nd game and had a sweet spin move in the post that raised some eyebrows. Otherwise he seemed poised and polished out in Vegas...against fringe players. Pretty active on the offenive glass. Less of a factor on the defensive side than I expected. His box score was very good. Its only one game but I think if we had to settle for Henson, we'd be mostly cool with that.

Leonard was more raw feeling that the other two and thas to be expected he kept a lot of offensice rebounds alive for his teammates to get. Lillard not a facilitator as much as a drive and kick guy so for all the times Leonard ran the floor or established great post position, he hardly got the ball. The biggest problem was that he was pushed off the court several times and was taken out of play. His body language was sulky and he was slow to get back in play. Still he changed a lot of shots...then he got utterly schooled by Montejuas. I still think he's going to be solid.

Moultrie was injurmacated an never played in SL.
    basketbills likes this.
  2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Thanks for posting this Slip.
    Good idea to keep tabs on these guys for a while and see who ends up rising to the top.

I wish the Pistons would have done what Boston did and played in the VSL too.
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, too bad VasaSlavak didn't sign early enought to play with them.
  4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not sure it's morally correct to unleash that beast on those youngsters.
    coynejeremy and BallDon'tLie like this.