The New Miami Heat

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, Jul 8, 2010.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Something that Riles will be putting on Spoelstra's list of performance issues when he fires him.
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Well, it looks like the Piston's shower meetings have taken a back burner to the antics in the Heat locker room. :hurt:

The NBA...:lame::loco::nono::deathstar1:
  3. max

max All-Star

Good stuff.

They just cannot beat the good teams. Even if they do hit the big shots they are still seriously lacking an inside game and a bench. Their bench is a pathetic bunch of has beens for the most part and wasn't Bosh supposed to be their inside game?

It's obvious they are not going to win it all this year but if they can stay patient and avoid turning against each other then Riley can have some time to build up the bench.

If these reports have a glimpse of truth to them then it looks like they are not going to make it that far. Funny - they probably expected all the fans would love them.
  4. Darth Tater

I don't know, Max. I sure hope you are right. But I still think they will get it right for the playoffs and tales will be told for ages on their greatness and all that crap.
  5. max

max All-Star

I am yet to see a game where they beat a good team. Last 3 games I saw. I saw them give away a 24 point lead to Orlando and lose. Lose to Chicago after being up for most of the game. Lost to the Knicks during crunch time when CB took over the game for the Knicks.

Like I said give them a year or two to build up the bench. But if LBJ and Wade are already starting to not get along then I don't know.
  6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Keep watching the games if you don't mind. Bad things seem to be happening to the Heat when you do. :MusicBigGrin:
  7. Darth Tater

Playoff time.

What do you see in this picture???

[​IMG]

Do you see the same thing as the referees will see???

Lebron getting fouled...HARD!!

The Heat will win the championship.
  8. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

The HEAT will get outcoached in the playoffs.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They really need to quit the clearouts at the end of games for Lebron. 1 on 5 and the defense knows that he's likely to miss a game winning jump shot. Just pack the paint and watch him force up a terrible shot... and try to avoid fouling him.
  10. LA Dre

For awhile LBJ would not take the last shot and passed off to Eddie House who won about three games in a row with the winning/last shot....including that nail biter the Pistons loss to the Heat on the last second Daye missed dunk.

But when pundits started to say he was afraid to take the last shot and was deferring, he started taking them and has been coming up short. Before he arrived, Wade was the designated go to/last shot guy.
  11. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Which is hilarious when you think about it, because a player that can make the game winning play is just as valuable, if not more so, than the player who makes the game winning shot. I've heard it explained as the Jordan-effect.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He should definitely draw the double or triple team and then dish off. Keep doing that until they only put 1.5 guys on him.
  13. LA Dre

Break out more tissues as the Heat get spanked again at home...this time by the Blazers 105-96

:kleenex::Cry:

Wade scores 38, Lebron 31, but the Blazers bench outscores the Heat scrubs 41-8

:crying:
  14. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Wade is the crybaby of the bunch.
  15. Darth Tater

Sometimes two days are like that...or five! :pound::MusicBigGrin:

...the Heat, who are the 12th team in NBA history to have a 12-game winning streak and five-game losing streak in the same season.

Aldridge, Blazers' bench roll Heat, 105-96 - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
  16. Darth Tater

Priceless.

“How do we explain it? We can’t,” James said. “This isn’t rock bottom for us. Crazy thing is, we could lose every game and still make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference.”
  17. LA Dre

Yep and if they did lose all of their remaining games and the Pistons won all of theirs, we would still finish 2 games behind them and probably in 9th spot....
  18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I heard on the radio before the last game that even if the Heat were to win every game until the end of the season, they wouldn't surpass the Cleveland Lebrons' win total from last year. That's some serious irony right there.
  19. Darth Tater

20. LA Dre

Per Coach Spoelstra the Heat are in a "Vortex"?

As much as I want the Heat to fail, I am actually hoping that they rebound and beat the Lakers tomorrow and slow their roll which has reached an 8 game winning streak since the all-star break. It would at least make the Lakers think a little more about how good they are or are not if the "lowly" Heat sweep's them this season....not that they will meet in the finals:)

We know about Phil's incredible record (45-0) if his team wins the first game of any playoff series they eventually win that series, which includes winning the first game of 11 NBA finals. The two times his team lost game 1 of a finals, they wound up losing the finals to the Pistons in 04 and the Celtics in 08.

The Lakers have another another quirky trend in affect that is if they win the first 8 games after an all star break. Past history says you can pencil the Los Angeles Lakers into the NBA Finals. This is the fifth time in which the Lakers won at least the first eight games coming out of the All-Star break. In each of the previous four instances, the Lakers advanced to the NBA Finals, twice winning it all.
    :focus:
    Per Stephen A. Smith, Carlos Boozer wanted to sign with Miami before Lebron and Bosh hooked up with Wade, but the bond with Bosh was bigger so the "tissue three" signed the pact to play together. If the Heat had gone with the Boozer inside game instead of Bosh, they would probably already have their 55 wins in the bank. (this of course if the booz had played a whole injury free season.)