The Future is B-R-I-G-H-T, BRIGHT!!!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jun 28, 2012.

1. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Thanks Slippy.

Yea, too true and Frank will be like most coaches and not want to give too much away in the pre-season. Just seeing some things that were worrysome and I have probably jumped ahead on the development curve with all the waiting time over the preseason.
  2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I couldn't find a thread for the Pistons vs Bobcats game on Saturday (this game doesn't deserve one!) so I figured this one is as good as any.

First off, any fan who actually paid money to see this game live at the Palace should be personally invited to Tom Gores' luxury suite to be thanked and given season tickets for life! ...Damn, a Saturday game in mid-October between the Bobcraps and Pistons? ...just, wow.
    I'm almost ashamed to admit that I watched this sucker from tip-off to final buzzer. If any of you haters wanna try to question my fandom; I say; bring-it suckas!

Rodney "Chuckey" was in full chucker mode as he administered more shots than a free-clinic in this one.
    I'll say this, his outside shot looked good and he dropped 4 tripples on Charlotte. His "long-gun" (as G.Blaha would say) looked rather 'Chauncey-like' as he took his time and shot it without fear. It looks like his three-ball has more arc on it this year which should help. If this is the year that he's finally added an outside shot to his vast offensive repetoir of putting his head down and driving into the teeth of the defense, I'll be stoked!

Jason Maxiell proved once again that he has what it takes to be an average back-up power forward in the NBA. Jay chipped in a stellar 6 points with a few rebounds in around 20 minutes or so, all while getting owned by Tyrus Thomas.

I don't get the whole "bad-motor" thing with Andre Drummond. The kid goes after rebounds like there are $100 bills taped to the ball. He's a fighter on the boards for sure. 'Dre needs to work on positioning himself on D and being in the right spots to help. - That stuff will obviously come by the time he's of legal driking age. He already looks better than Bismack Biyombo.

Brevin Knight looked sharp on offense and played efficiently. He had some nice drives and got to the line quite a bit. He played good D and would have had more assists if guys would have made some of their shots off his passes. ...Oh, one turnover!

...Good to see Matt Carrol is still in the league.

I'm a Kyle Singler fan. He's trying to shoot his way out of a bad streak right now but he continues to do other things that will help this team win games. He's a scrapper.

Greg Monroe = good.
    He has impressive handles for a dude his size.

For some reason, Frank decided to make things hard on his guys by emptying out the Turd Bucket during the final minutes. Chuck Garbage hadn't played all game until Frank decided that crunch time in a preseason contest against the Charlotte Bobcats was "Charlie Time".

Villanueva proceeded to miss shot after shot and do what only he can (can't?) do on defense. A modest lead quickly turned into a barn burner and the BoT was almost exclusively responsible for it. Time-out after time-out, Frank stayed with the Chuckster. It was kinda sad watching it actually. It looked like Frank was playing Charlie to test his four other players to see if they could beat Charlotte playing 4 on 5. The whole thing reminded me of watching NFL players doing wind sprints while dragging and old tire behind them. You run a lot slower but it makes you stronger when the tire isn't there.

I'm thinking China is the next stop for Charlie and probably the only shot he has left to playing meaningful minutes. Since he's not going to play this year anyway (seriously, this game was the final straw), just amnesty the guy and save him the embarrassment of having to fake an injury and sit on the bench in street clothes.

Other than Greg Monroe, 4 threes by Rod Stuckey, a couple of highlights from Drum and a monster game from Tyrus Thomas; The league office should deny the fact that this game ever even happened. ...Ugly!
    alexa032 likes this.
  3. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Me too :S

Got absolutely no help from the refs though and some blatent no-calls. It's almost as if some refs have the opinion that since he drives in expecting contact, that he is in some way creating it.

Was thinking exactly the same thing myself and I was one who thought we should have gone after Biyombo. Same year as Monroe, so glad we didn't.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The window to amnesty this year has long come and gone.
  5. BallDon'tLie

I think Stern would make an exception for the Pistons after seeing Charlie's performance on Saturday.
    del and round like this.
  6. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

No one takes on BoT's contract without some serious payment. $8 million a year for a min of 2 years?

Come on JD, just get rid of this terrible player. He honestly brings nothing to the team.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe we can find a way that he violated his contract and nullify it. Motorcycle? Steroids? (obviously not). Planking?

Can anyone point out a free agent that took more money for doing nothing without an injury, besides Ben Gordon? Also, don't point out any ex-Pistons.
  8. BillLaimbeer

Rashard Lewis played in 28 games last year and made $21 million. If you compute his salary per minute played, you get:

$21,136,631 / 729 minutes = $28,994 per game

It's not a bad gig, if you can get it...
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He was injured though.
  10. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

so was CV... /wink wink
  11. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

Whoever thought that contract would be worth it....

Maggette is also another one hahaha $8 million - 881 minutes played
    $9080 per minute played.

Embarassing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  12. BallDon'tLie

...Fixed. (knew what ya meant anyway)
    Whoever signed 'Shard to that deal should never work in the league again. (too lazy to look up who did this).
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I never quite understood the angst over Lewis' contract. The Magic signed him from Seattle and then they made the Finals with him. Isn't that what you play for?

They overpaid for him, but that is the nature of free agency. The signing worked for the Magic.
    brofmfa likes this.
  14. BillLaimbeer

Overpaying is one thing, but $21 million for rashard freakin' lewis? Yikes.
  15. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

And so handcuffed the team after that one trip to the finals that there team was on a downward trend, and they were unable to keep there SuperStar happy.....

Bad deal in the short term and long term IMO, the production they got in there finals run could have been filed in by allot less of a player.
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

They went on a downward trend becuase they broke up what made them special as a team, having Turk and Lewis flank Howard.
  17. BallDon'tLie

Not handing the team over to Carlos Arroyo and the reluctance to make Mo Evans the focal point of the offense were also mistakes.