The Future is B-R-I-G-H-T, BRIGHT!!!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jun 28, 2012.

1. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

The real point of being is to score more than the next fellow(s). For "D" you need an exceptional personality and only one (or perhaps two) can have bad breath. The rest have a refined tooth gleam that shows brightly on camera. After all, the smile is everything and the every more admiring never get close enough.
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It was announced today that a grand total of ONE of the Pistons games will be televised nationally this year. Yes, fans across the globe will have to wait until February 27 to see the Pistons on ESPN face off against the Wizards.
  3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

C'mon, they did not! Is today April Fool's day in some other country?

They can announce it now that they'll be switching that game out for some other contest. No way that game sees the network air unless it is the opening weekend of the NCAA Tourney or something like that and they have to show a game. NBA TV here we come!!!
  5. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

I'm thinking of investing in NBA TV this year. Is it $200?
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Not in the US. It is part of the Sports Package (NFL Network etc) through the cable company and it is like $5.

I'm supposed to get it for free when I get the League Pass (is this what you're thinking of?) but I'd have to drop the NFL Channel to do so.
  7. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I buy NBALP to watch Pistons games. I could care less about being able to watch a mid-Feb matchup between Portland and Atlanta.

I would absolutely LOVE for my satellitie company & the NBA to offer a "market based package".
    Allow me to watch my hometown Pistons games at a discounted rate without having to pay for all of the other games each night. I'd rather pay $90.00 to watch only the Pistons than $180.00 for the ability to watch every game from every team.

Another solution might be to offer each of the 82 games on a pay-per-view basis.
    Charge $3.99 per game or something like that.

I'd also be in favor of paying a premium for the ability to chose my hometown market for all sports. I'd love a package that enabled me to watch Tigers, Lions, Pistons & Redwings games along with team news and local programming from the Detroit based cable sports stations.

Pretty soon, the Sat & Cable companies are going to have to do stuff like this just to compete with the internet. I already stream about 30% of the stuff that my wife and I watch while our Direct TV receiver just sits there doing nothing.
    Mossberg likes this.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'd agree with that. They'd probably make money by offering the bundle like that too and getting fans to overpay a bit to get all 4 sports when they are only really interested in 2-3 of them.

I just want the Detroit sports channel.
  9. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I had league pass last season, I really enjoyed it. There is usually a discount code floating around on the internet which gives 10-15% off too. Worked well for me in Australia, just need a good connection to watch it at the highest bandwidth settings.
    del likes this.
  10. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I buy it every year and I love it. I would have paid alot more if I had to.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Also, there is usually a discount for signing up early. They also run a free sample for a week or so at the beginning of the season, so you can get a feel for it if you are on the fence.
  12. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

14. Ernie the Slow Adult

15. Ernie the Slow Adult

16. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

This all depends on transitions from others. Athleticism likes room to move. Krava has his place, but not far out from the hoop. Monroe is not as athletic as Drummond, but the latter lacks moves that will take some time to develop and he will need room for comfort moves inside 15 feet. The key for this trio is Krava. Use his toughness and play him until he fouls out.
    The Panda likes this.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

I kind of feel like this for all of them, don't pace themselves. Be impactful!
  18. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I know it is only pre season and I am trying not have knee-jerk reaction as Saturday's game was only the second I have watched so far and it was a win, but my hopes for this season have started to take a slightly more pessimistic view. I would think after 5 games we would start to see a little more of what we can expect in team line-ups for the regular season though and if that is so, there are some worries by the line-ups in the 6th game.

First and foremost though, we lack any sort of identity on offence. Are we outside shooting? Playing inside/outside? Maybe post up? Looking for good ball movement? Or just some more plain old attack the rim? In Saturday's game there was good offence on all those areas, but a lot more terrible offence on them as well. Think BK was the best 3 point rookie shooter last season also, so why aren't we running any plays for that?

Secondly, the one thing I expected from now having Monroe, Drummond, Max, Kratsov and JJ in the big rotations was a more physical intimidating defence. Sure more fouls, but with a deep rotation, give Drummond and Kratsov licence to beat it up in there.

AND FRANK?!?!?! Drummond/Monroe - just bloody do it already.

My player worries:

- As with everyone, my patience with Tay is running thin - perfect as a compliment to a championship team, but never a focal point and this is glossed over as he is on a rookie team. Give JJ more minutes there, Tay/Magette as backup, Singler take some time to get that shot right.

- BoT has somehow become an even worse player and I will be shocked if he is being played for anything other than trade showcasing (which is going horribly also). He is a sunk cost, please just cut him and sign Flynn or the other bloke.

- Bynum... *deep breath*.... We are crying out for an experienced backup point - one with a good 3 ball would be perfect.

- I feel Stuckey gets a raw deal usually on calls, but am hoping once we are winning he will get more calls (seems to happen for other teams). When he does though, it is nigh on impossible for teams to slow him down and the fouls on bigs he can create in those games are valuable, so we just have to wear the games where he isn't. Hitting that jumper more as in Saturday's game will go a long way.

- Am reeeeaaallly hoping Monroe hasn't got ahead of himself. Seems from the two games I have seen so far he is forcing so much.

My player pluses:

- Two games and even more pleasantly surprised with Drummond. Fully expect him to have some terrible games this season, but I now also think he may be the factor that turns some games around for us.

- English is already so vocal on defence and can run the floor well. Going to be a valuable player going forward and can only hope JD doesn't dismiss his value as easily as Afflalo.
    Slippy likes this.
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's only preseason. We still have 82+ games to go folks.
    Walter likes this.
  20. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Nice write up Del.

"Stretch 4" is a marketing term used to justify giving playing time to guys who suck. You don't need guys parked at the 3 point line to open up the lanes. You need guys to get to the open spots on the floor and knock down the 15-18 footer at the elbow or the short corner along the baseline. a PF hitting a 3 should be icing on the cake, not your bread and butter.

This article on NBAdraft.net is pretty interesting: The Evolution and Anatomy of the Combo-Forward | NBADraft.net
    We have an off the ball combo forward in Jerebko. He has the mobility and skill set to do a little bit of everything and get easy buckets to boot. He scraps, moves without the ball and can hit the 15-23 foot jumper. Maxiell has added a decent jump shot so these guys could be somewhat interchangeable depending on the need for position defense vs. offensive flexibility.