The Finals

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, May 31, 2010.

1. linwood

linwood All-Star

Ron arrest thanks his psychiatrist for "helping him relax a lot" moments after winning the championship. Now in my top five favorites of all time.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

There was Magic in the booth trying to be impartial and then right down there accepting the trophy end the end.

I still can't believe it ..Derek Fisher has 5 rings??
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Holy free throws.

They should have let them battle it out. No flow with all the whistles.

Non shooting phantom calls suck when a team is in the bonus and it's crunch time in game 7 of the Finals.

Nice travel by Gasol too! I actually don't think it was a hard call to make. He was clearly going to get blocked so he held on impossibly long.
  4. LA Dre

Phil Jackson 48-0 when his teams win game 1 of a playoffs series. He needs to retire, but I believe he will be back to try to get his fourth 3 peat...
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

man, those are some crazy stats.

Hard to tell how much is him and how much is due to MJ/ Shaq/ Kobe.
  6. LA Dre

Don't forget about Pippen and.........Fisher:)

Jackson 11-2 in the finals
    Jordan & Pippen 6-0
    Kobe & Fisher 5-2
    Shaq 3-1 (with Phil)

Still that winning game 1 phenomenal trend trumped the fact that the team that had the first qtr lead in this series won the game....it happen in the first six games, but in tonights game it didn't hold up despite the fact the Celtics ended the 1st qtr with 23-14 lead.

Also because the Lakers had 37 FTA to Celtics 17 also guaranteed the Lakers would prevail despite missing 12 of them.

Good game as Artest saves it with a Bang of his own down the stretch....to go with all of those Laker ft's:sssh:

I am out for the next three days on a Bahama cruise....I will let you all analyze this one.....bon voyage.....
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Defense trumped offense yet again as it was a total struggle for either team to score. These teams were trying to play 2004 Deeetroit basketball.

Without all the bailout calls, it would have been 65-64.
  8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

There were no bailouts in the first half, though. Guys on both teams were getting mugged with no calls.
  9. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Tough tough tough tough tough loss. One quarter away and couldnt close the deal. I got so anxious I literally just stopped watching the game with 4 mins left and went to see Toy Story, then stood outside the theatre waiting because they were playing the game on their monitors. Disappointed.

Probably the toughest loss as a fan I've ever felt. KG's last chance to give his legacy that boost and put him in that top 20 Barkley, Malone conversation. It sucks. Seeing your favorite player lose is a lot tougher than seeing your fav team lose.

Ah well, congrats Ron Artest.
  10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

That was awesome.
    Ron thanking his 'hood and his shrink almost made it worth seeing the Lakers win. I'm not sure but I think I just became a Ron Artest fan.
  11. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And thus a devastating blow is dealt by the Atheists. The Creationists will be left scrambling in trying to explain this one...
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Right, that's why the score was 40-34 at halftime.

Look at this statistic... quarter by quarter free throws taken by each team (keep in mind this was a close game and there wasn't much intentional fouling at the end).

Team: Q1/ Q2/ Q3/ Q4
    Celts: 2/ 6/ 3/ 6
    Laks: 4/ 8/ 4/ 21

You kidding me? Did the style of the game change that dramatically in the 4th quarter? Did the Lakers become that much more aggressive?

The refs just started calling fouls that they weren't calling earlier in the game and they did it on one end of the floor only.

This resulted in foul trouble for Davis, Pierce, KG, and knocked Sheed out of the game, when the Celts were already missing their center.

I would be extremely disgruntled if this would have happened to us.

The score from the field was 64-58, Celtics. Score from the FT line was 9-10 with the Celtics having a slight advantage until the 4th quarter, when the Lakers made 16 FT's to the Celtics 5.

Maybe the refs were intimidated by the crowd and the atmosphere. I'm sure Sheed was going to point these things out to Crawford and crew in a gentelmanly way when he was inviting himself into their locker room after the game.
  13. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

To bad, I was really routing for Pierce and KG to win their second rings. That was really the biggest reason why I wanted Celts to win. Great talents with loads of winning mentality and leadership abilities.
  14. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Another new stat to think of, Sheed is 0-2 in Game 7 of the NBA Finals. :stirthepot:

Make him inactive next time if he ever plays for a team who happens to go into the Finals and have a Game 7....if he does not retire....
  15. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Beat up fans....Win a Ring....See, kids...it all works out in the end! :winner_first_h4h:
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That game was eerily similar to G7 of the '05 Finals where it seemed to be predetermined that on any 50/50 type play it was going to be a foul on Boston and "solid aggresive play" by the Lakes.

Boston must be one of the few teams to build a 13 pt lead without anY aggression.
  17. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Man, those Bulls were good.
  18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I not only missed the game while flying, but forgot not to look at the news this morning thus spoiling the recording.

Bummer.
  19. max

max All-Star

I did not see it that way. Maybe it was because I started leaning to rooting for the Lakers, I don't know. Boston made some pretty dumb fouls.

I hate when that happens.
  20. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Too many people look at the box score, compare the number of fouls, and say the officiating was biased. Fouls come from one team attacking on offense and another team not able to defend. It's not the officials job to keep the fouls even.

Saying that, I thought there were lots of questionable calls in this game, but I don't think it favored the Lakers. LA led in rebounding 53-40, including a 23-8 edge in offensive boards. That was the difference.