Tayshaun Recruited Nazr/Tay the face of the Franchise

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Oct 21, 2006.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Sports Mag insists that Tayshaun was actively recruiting Nazr before the end of the season. I wonder if there is any truth to this?

Secondly, Tayshaun will be the face of the franchise, you heard it here first. Tay is Flips KG reincarnation, this season will be his best and more is yet to come for this young man.

I am a Tayshaun person, if he left detroit, I would truly become upset, this move would probably change my view of Joe D.

Well, I won't have to worry about Tay, he could have easily took more money and played elsewhere, however, he is one loyal and humble dude.

Look for Tay to score 20 PPG, ribbies will go up considerably as well as steals and three pointers. Matter of fact, I expect to see him at the top of the list in 3 pointers made.

2. linwood

linwood All-Star

Great news! I just drafted him in my fantasy draft thinking this would be his year. Nice to hear my theory backed up somewhere else.

Fantasy aside, Tayshaun is one of my favorite players. I loved him at UK and had a little party with Hallway Coach when he was drafted by the Pistons!

3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Tay has Piston DNA all over him. Ben was the hardest worker, but his ego got in his way some what. Tay has never been a selfish guy once here. Tay is going to have an amazing season if Flip allows him to.

4. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I agree the potential is there for "The Prince" to become "The King" of the Pistons but even at that will he be able to get all the Piston fans to forget that the Pistons could have drafted CA instead of that guy at Orlando?

5. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I will take Tay any day Buddah, he is more of a complete player than CA and is not a head case

6. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'm not sure if CA is a head case or not. What I DO know is that he had far more tangible value than Darko at the time he was traded. Which brings up the same old draft question: Do you select for position or the best available? I think JoeD still has reoccurring nightmares.

I love Tay...he's a Piston thru & thru...he could be the Steve Yzerman of the Pistons

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Allow me to get all lee356 here for a minute...

Tay can play some SG, and PG as a point forward.

Tay is a multi-position player, and Melo can be played at SG in a "jumbo" package.

There is no reason that both could not co-exist on the same team except perhaps a conflict of personalities when it comes to minutes.

8. max

max All-Star

Prince is certainly a lot cheaper than Carmello. What did he sign for 16-17 or so per year?

Its hard to argue against someone who scored 26 PPG and shot almost 50%.

I do expect Tay to have a pretty good year though.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Fixed my post. Should have been Tay CAN play...

10. detteam

detteam All-Star

IMO there wouldn't have been a minutes question...not from Tay at least...he's a team player and would have been fine in learning his role back then.