Stuckey re-signs for 3 years / $25m

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Rocastle, Dec 17, 2011.

1. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Please name a 7 footer that currently plays for our Pistons. ...Jake Voskuhl in high heels perhaps?

Afflalo twice as much as Suckey? ...No.
    Now, do I think that Stuckey should be paid half as much as Afflalo? ...Yes.
  2. BallDon'tLie

I totally agree. Stack was a total chucker.
    When you look at the list of past NBA scoring leaders, you see a lot of chuckers on that list.

I'm not defending Stackhouse. I didn't even really like the guy as a Piston. Unlike a lot of others, I was STOKED when Joe had the balls to send him to the Wizz for Rip.
    I can only hope that over the next three years, Stuckey can start to put up some scoring numbers like Stack.
  3. BallDon'tLie

Totally agree. :cheers:

...and STILL feel that he'd be more useful to the Pistons for 1 yr @ $7 mil than Stuckey as the team is currently constructed.
  4. SonicD 43

SonicD 43 First Round Draft Pick

I would rather give Kwame Stucks three year contract, than give Stuck his horrible 3 year contract. Better to have a serviceable big that is tradeable than a point who doesn't pass or a shooting guard who cant shoot. I still find it amazing that every body seems to agree with the "at least its only for three years" comment. How sad is it, that that is the silver lining.

And for the comment about Spellcheck having double the contract as stuck thats bull. Its longer but per year its almost the same. Having a guy on a long contract that other people want is getting better and you want to have around is a good thing. Having a guy on a long contract on a guy that nobody else wanted, isn't getting better, and is questionable about whether we would really want to have around is a bad thing. What would the harm of been of letting Stuck play on his qualifying offer next year. If you still want to keep him fine, just let the market set his value not his agent.
  5. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How do ya'll feel about Humphries getting 8m for one year from the Nets? Interesting contract for the young guy. Keep him hungry, continually working for another deal.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Nets want to keep their options open to sign Howard.
  7. hitafreethrow

Good move on their part. And I can see Hump signing for LESS next year, even with a good season, if Howard does decide to come there. Or maybe Hump 8 mil would be good trade fodder for the Nets going after Howards larger contract.
  8. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

We shoulda let stuckey sign for qualifying money...and tried to get Hump to sign for 3 years.
  9. hitafreethrow

Hump is like a Max that actually rebounds...
    Walter likes this.
  10. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Monroe is 6'10" - 6'11". That's good enough for me.
  11. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I love the extreme hyperbole when it comes to Stuckey... a point guard who "can't pass", yet last year he put up similar assist numbers to what Chauncey Billups has put up for most of his career. "Can't shoot", despite being a pretty effective shooter from mid-range. Stats hardly ever tell the whole story, but if anyone actually watched Stuckey in the second half last year, they wouldn't say he CAN'T pass. He can pass and actually passes it quite well. Lest we also forget that assists are dependent on your teammate actually making the shot, and Stuckey's had plenty of bad luck with regards to that.

Again Kwame is NOT a serviceable big, and I guarantee you there isn't another soul on this planet that would rather give Kwame 3 for 25 than give Stuckey 3 for 25.
  12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great point....such a good point that I started to wonder if it was Chucky that assisted on the Will Blalock three.

A little research revealed that it was actually Tayshaun Prince that got the assist on that sweet long ball.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=270109020&period=0
    coynejeremy and BallDon'tLie like this.
  13. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

CV, Daye, Tay (6-9 with arms reaching comfortably at 7-0 ), including Monroe (6-10) and none of them jumpers or quick athletes. BenW and Rodman, just the little'o opposite. The latter were both way-down in the draft upper-elite status.

Which might mean that perhaps the future status of team compositions would be wise to develop a system of talent scouts that can pick out certain modules (as in systems language) that have innate talents that can be developed on a quick basis (18 month framework) via exceptional training methods now being developed.

The minor long tail of this agile method (again, systems development) should be able to provide (on a consistent rotating basis) during a two year time frame, individuals players being able to be developed (per position) that would able to crack (at a minimum) the top eight players within any teams current rotation. With this occurrence at owl-creek, you begin to develop and understand the layered-lump-of-wax-being that is becoming... a sort of chill prophecy that only a Queequeg would understand. Woo to the person who wares his hieroglyphics (tattoos) and can carve his own sea-chest lid.

Gores, being from Michigan, should be able to understand this method , via his corporate background comprising higher-level information systems. . Bring on board analytical system engineers, who can appreciate tacit cake-layer frostings like JD, and let the Bartleby bean counters go-fish in their shallow bathtubs. No Great White there.

The carpenter was commanded to make a coffin for the dying Queequeg; and when it was finished, it was put next to him. He asked for his harpoon, his paddle, and some biscuits and a flask of fresh water to be put in his coffin; then he asked to be lifted and laid into it. He called for his little god, Yojo, and lay there with it, arms crossed on his breast, for a while.
    Little Pip came by with his tambourine to pay his last respects to Queequeg. Pip to Queequeg: "Poor rover! where go ye now? Will ye do one little errand for me? Seek out one Pip, who's now been missing long. If ye find him, then comfort him; for he must be very sad; for look! he's left his tambourine behind; -- I found it. Now, Queequeg, die. Hark ye, if ye find Pip, tell all he's a coward. Tell them he jumped from a whale-boat. Shame upon all cowards -- shame upon them! Let them go drown like Pip, that jumped from a whale-boat. Shame! Shame!"
    Queequeg, the sick man, was replaced in his hammock. Now that he had prepared for his death, and now seeing that his coffin was a good fit, he changed his mind about dying. "He could not die yet, he averred. If a man made up his mind to live, mere sickness could not kill him." He used his coffin for a sea-chest, and spent many a spare hour carving the lid of it. He carved a copy of parts of the tattooing on his body -- "And this tattooing had been the work of a departed prophet and seer of his island, who, by those hieroglyphic marks, had written out on his body a complete theory of the heavens and the earth, and a mystical treatise on the art of attaining truth; so that Queequeg in his own proper person was a riddle to unfold; but whose mysteries not even himself could read. And these mysteries were therefore destined in the end to moulder away with the living parchment whereon they were inscribed, and so be unsolved to the last."

Melville, Moby-Dick
  14. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

On the way from being to becoming everyone has to catch the train at Randolph Street.
  15. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Bartleby was always underrated..........
  16. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Good Stuckey Article I ran across the other day:

http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2011/12/cant-find-a-place-for-rodney-stuckey/
    SonicD 43 and basketbills like this.
  17. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Interesting article on Stuckey. I'm not sold on the fact that he is too good to come off the bench.
  18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

There is no such thing as "too good to come off the bench" IMO. Whatever it takes to win the game is what the coach must do. If that means saving a very good player to come off the bench to sustain momentum, then that's what needs to be done. Case study: Greg Popovich.
  19. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

On this team, he certainly is too good to come off the bench, because there's no one else on the team good enough to start over him.
  20. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

At what position?