Stuckey re-signs for 3 years / $25m

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Rocastle, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

I can't wait til we do our annual projections/predictions of our Pistons for this year...

Last season...they were 30-52 for a .366 winning percent.

Works out to a 24-41 record for our 65 game schedule this season........

Can't wait for our usual cluster of high predictions...

All of you Stuckey fans must figure on at least 30 wins............:)
  2. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

You have some guards that will get consistent points averaging in the teens on a consistent basis. I figure that it will take nearly 50 points out of our front line to win the close games...which we do not have. It will take athleticism and rebounding from the 3,4 and 5 spots. It is not there. Only Tay will stay consistent and force the defense to collapse toward him. The rest of his companions will bomb away. JJ's jump shot is horrible and I doubt that his front toes leave the ground. Watching CV attempting any dexterity with lateral movement is as frightening as watch BenW shooting free throws. I could go on and on.
  3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think we really catch fire this year. I predict a 70-win season out of this group.
  4. Nemo

I'd like Stuckey to average 18 and 7 this season.........

I think at 8 million per season...he can make the others around him play better.

Better passing, ball control, and leadership should do it............

Our front court got us 60 points per game last season........

Prince: 14
    CV: 11
    Monroe: 8
    Daye: 7.4
    Wilcox: 7.4
    Three headed monster.........
    Maxiel, Summers, Wallace: 10

Guards got us 36 points per game.........:cold:

I think it's on the guards to step it up.................
    The Low likes this.
  5. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I think almost the same way.. I think 6 - 7 per year would been a great deal.

8/yr it's fine too..

AT LEAST will be stuck on Stuckey only 3 seasons and not 5.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Gordon and CV are up in 3 years also. I doubt it's a coincidence that Stuckey gets a 3 year deal.
  7. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

8 million a year for a tweener guard no one else wanted. Wonderful. I hope Frank doesn't make him the starting PG; that ship has sailed and run aground enough times for me to know it's not gonna get where everyone hoped it would four years ago. Playing him at the SG position should be better, at least on D, unless he shows he can shoot, although...after 4 years with zero improvement? I wouldn't bet on it.
    Bright side: it's only 3 years...
    Ernie the Slow Adult and Nemo like this.
  8. max

max All-Star

That's the think - no one else wanted him. Not a single bid. We should have just let him play out the year and see what we have but Dumars just had to "lock him in".
    I also hope that we do not have to suffer more of Stuckey at the point. Took Q 2 years to figure that out.

I have never seen a GM so intent on bringing back a losing team before.
    alexa032 and Nemo like this.
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Some Rodney Stuckey quotes along with some read between the lines translations.

Translation: It was the other guys holding me back. You want to blame someone blame Rahseed Wallace, Dyess, Chauncey Billups and Rip. I'm not far from dribbling with my head up and I shot 36% from outside of 10 feet!

Translation: Can you believe he talks to me the same way he talks to everyone else? I'm gonna have to talk to Uncle Joe before I start having hearing problems again during timeouts.

Translation: They need to adapt to me, it is not the other way around.

http://detroitnews.com/article/2011...orts0102/Pistons-sign-Stuckey-3-year-25M-deal
  10. Brap

Brap Starter

Every player on the roster besides Monroe hatred playing for Kuester, so it really is not fair to single out stuckey. This is the first stable and quality coach he's played for. He's 25 years old and he's clearly a better player than Stackhouse used to be for us(high production, totally a slasher, not a consistent outside shooter, and lousy as a distributor with high turnovers.) Stuckey brings everything stackhouse used to, but is a great ballhandler , much better passer and defender, and a low turnover guy.

Pretending stuckey isn't a very good player and really talented is pretty nuts. The real question is how stuckey wil mesh with our present and future core. Is a slasher at SG what we want going forward, our do we want a great outside shooter to fit with Knight, a great shooter and penetratrator and real PG, and monroe, a great passing center?
    mikhail1973 likes this.
  11. Nemo

The only way this makes sense to me is that you're saying Stuckey has been pretending to play bad during his career so far.........

Seriously though.......how many wins do you see for the Pistons this season? I know you said wins aren't important, but you still can make an estimate of victories. I've laid out some information in previous posts to help you. Since you are a big fan of Stuckey...I know you're happy to have him, so it makes me wonder...how do you see this season playing out?
  12. Brap

Brap Starter

He had an 18.57% PER last season, playing on
    A roster where nobody on offense had a good season. C'mon seriously its crazy to claim he didn't have a good year statistically.
    mikhail1973 likes this.
  13. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The way they've been playing these past two years, I'd rather have Stuckey as the starting SG than Gordon.
    mikhail1973 likes this.
  14. linwood

linwood All-Star

Jerry Stackhouse the Piston lead the league in points scored, and had the second highest scoring average at 29.8 per game and still dished out over 5 assists. Of course, that same season, the Pistons only won 32 games, so that part is similar.

Stuckey is a good player, but I don't think he's a great player. The Pistons just paid hijm great player money.
  15. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

great player money is over $10-11 mil a year to me. imo getting him for just north of $8 million is completely fair for the kind of player he is
    mikhail1973 likes this.
  16. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

maybe it's the economist in me speaking - but the value is determined by the market. And I don't think that there was any time willing to pay him the amount of money he got now? So why pay him that?
  17. max

max All-Star

Tough to say because we do not know what 8 mil means yet under this new CBA. Under the old one agree 8 mil is fair but the player share of BRI shrank by 7% plus its going to be a lot stricter. Who knows what the cap may be next year after the lockout, still a lot of disgruntled fans.
  18. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

well that's tough to gauge because he was a restricted free agent and joe made it pretty clear that he'd match any offer that wasn't completely outrageous. if he was unrestricted i think someone would have offered him at least 7
  19. linwood

linwood All-Star

I guess. I just checked some NBA salaries and 8 to 9 million dollars a year right now could get you: Devin Harris, Rajon Rondo, Lamar Odom, Jameer Nelson, Louis Scola, Jason Kidd, or Stephen Jackson.

Maybe it's just me, but I would rather watch SJax chuck up bad threes than watch Stuckey rack up offensive fouls.
  20. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

wow, that makes Stuckey instantly overpaid, he's not in the same league with any of the above-mentioned.