Stuckey re-signs for 3 years / $25m

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Rocastle, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

But he was successful in CHI playing off of..........? He has Rose his last year there which is something.

I just don't see him ever getting the freedom to shine here. I fully expect to be bummed out watching him skulk around the court tonight.
  2. Brap

Brap Starter

I love Harden. He's turning into a heck of a player.
  3. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

I don't think it's a matter of development, unless you mean development within the offense. Ben Gordon's ceiling is pretty much what he did in Chicago. It seems like a matter of fit. He could absolutely do what Jason Terry does in Dallas. Terry comes in at SG expected to be an offensive spark and gets to guard the opposing teams PG. He's also been most successful playing along side great guards (good in Devin Harris' case in the Finals season). Ben Gordon, other than his last season, got the pleasure of playing in a backcourt with a guard like Kirk Hinrich who was talented enough on defense to to guard 2's. I think the Terry role is the role Ben Gordon can absolutely succeed in. My biggest issue with BG is he needs a certain situation to be most effective. Stuckey and Rip too. Having those 3 together did absolutely no favors to any of them really. Doubt losing Rip and adding Knight does much to help them out either.

James Harden I'd strongly disagree with. He's more of the Ginobili ilk. He does pretty much everything on the court better than Gordon. He even a comparable shooter efficiency wise. Plus gotta love how well he gets to the FT line.
  4. detteam

detteam All-Star

Agree. Drafted him for both of my fantasy teams. Also drafted Terry on both teams.

I hope BG has a great season now that Rip is gone.
  5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Harden also has that crazy beard thing, and it looks like he added a mohawk to it this year. I'm looking forward to the armpit dreadlocks next year.
  6. Brap

Brap Starter

LOL
  7. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Interesting list of comments...a good read almost a year later.