Steve McNair R.I.P. ?

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by G-man, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-man

G-man Starter

2. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    It is pretty sad.
  4. NTC

NTC First Round Draft Pick

Terrible news, I always had a soft spot for McNair. The NFL really needs to try and clamp down on this sort of stuff, it seems to be happening more and more over the last few years.

I guess it's like they say though, you can take boy out the hood, but you can't take the hood out the boy.
  5. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Do you know what happened? Do you know if Steve McNair was grew up in the "hood"? What sort of stuff are you talking about?
  6. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

RIP AIR MCNAIR, I'm a Ravens fan and this is very very sad news to me. My condolences goes to his family.
  7. NTC

NTC First Round Draft Pick

I don't know what happened, but when you're a sportsman with millions of dollars in the bank, you don't need to put yourself in situations like that.

I apologize if my comments came across as ignorant, but really, I'm just sick of hearing about this sort of stuff among NFL players. Just get on with playing football, and stop trying to be the next John Gotti (this is not necessarily talking about this incident with Steve McNair either).
  8. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

I heard that the person who committed the crime was a woman?
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

murder + suicide.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

At first I wondered if the wife found out about him supposedly "dating" the young woman and had something to do with it.

When you hear about a gun found in the same room and you have to speculate possibly that he wanted to break it off and she objected to losing this famous athlete who had been her [strike]sugar daddy[/strike] companion for the past few months and shot him out of passion...after all he got her Escalade to drive around town etc...

Its a shame and a loss as four sons 5-17 I think lose their father amidst a possible scandalous murder. Hopefully more details come out so the family doesn't have to sit in the dark so long seeking answers of what happen.
  11. NYPistonFan729

What a horrible story. I think the answers probably died with Steve and the girl.
  12. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Do you honestly believe that's what NFL Players are "trying" to do?
  13. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

This would not be a story if it wasn't Steve McNair. If it was Joe Smoe it would hardly be a blip on the local news. It is so unfortunate.
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Appears that this was a crime of passion and the officials have concluded that it was a murder-suicide as most had thought.

the allege girlfriend and murderer, Ms Sahel Kazemi was believed to be somewhat distraught the past couple days due to financial issues and possibly thought that McNair was involved with another woman other than she and his wife.

McNair was apparently asleep when he was shot by Ms. Kazemi in the right temple then two shots to his chest, a shot the left temple and then she shot herself in the right temple and died.

The conclusion is that McNair went to sleep sitting up on a sofa and once shot he probably never knew what her plans were...and of course never woke up...

Tragic end to a productive life and a lesson learn for anybody who steps out with an unstable person when they should be at home taking care of family matters.

Police confirm ex-NFL star Steve McNair's girlfriend killed him before shooting herself
  15. G-man

G-man Starter

She was obviously a fruit loop. Who shoots someone in both temples?
    Crazy as a loon..
  16. NYPistonFan729

She was just a PYT. That instability you mentioned could have been disguised as so many other things such as passion, love, devotion, caring, etc. She was 20 years old and a former professional athlete with high standings in the community showered her with attention. The instabilty probably did not show up until other factors such as "another woman", financial problems, etc. came into play. The officer at the press conference said as much. McNair probably did not see it coming because why would he. He knows she loves and adores him, he probably doesnt know that shel knows about "another woman". He thinks he has it all. As long as they were going on trips, fancy dinners, spending time together, she was okay. I think when she learned of another woman, that is when her instabilty turned deadly. The officer said she had told several people that she wanted to kill herself.

Deception and cheating are never good things. However, the wages of sin is death. I hope McNair's wife and kids can forgive him and try to move on with their lives. I hope they can forgive Ms. Kasemi, too.
  17. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think you got it right.You don't know someone is crazy until it's too late.
    But I hope you aren't suggesting McNair deserved this?

Usually it's women who are the victims of stalkers and violent psycopathic killers. Men don't get much sympathy when they are the victims.

McNair cheated on his wife...much like countless numbers of politicians in this country. Not good. But in no way did he deserve to get murdered by some mentally ill weirdo.
  18. NYPistonFan729

No....just that whatever they did, they have paid for, I believe. There is no need to subject his family to media overdrive and judgemental idiots. Two lives are lost and they took a lot of the story with them. It is a very sad story. As someone who has had a family member murdered, your heart will never be the same, but you have to try to forgive and let whatever higher authority you believe in take over.
  19. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Well put. Exactly how I feel...especially about the judgemental folks who wallow in the gossipy aspect of this tragic death. Sorry for the loss in your family.
  20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

This is the absolutely WORST way to get a oneway ticket to Hell.

" Nothing is EVER as good as it seems when it's bad! The Devil will ALWAYS come to collect!!!!" - hQism

Nuff said.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.