Spur Talk

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Sep 6, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Barb, ol Roscoe loves Tamales. :hungry:
  2. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

Roscoe, wish you were in SA,

I made about 100...dang that's hard work. Five hours, I'm beat.

Well, I see where Finley came thru for the Spurs. He was about the only one. T-wolves would have beat us if it hadnt been for that 2nd quarter 25-8. Anyone playing T-wolves (Pistons play 1/24 and we play again 1/6 and 1/28) have to remember that KG always rests in the 2nd quarter. Report says "always", looks like he would have come in when Spurs outscored 14-2 during Garnetts time out. KG had a super game however with 24 points, 21 rebounds, 6 asst, 4 blocks. Finley had something like 21 points (?) 7 reb, 1 blk. and the rest of spurs did practically nothing.

Ginobili is out so Finley has been playing. Good luck tonight on the game with Bulls. They beat us nov 7, I think they were playing their smalls, or maybe that's all they got. :nod:
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

You're going to be in trouble without Ginob. Out 2-3 weeks I heard.
  4. barbara SanAntone

thee, you might be right, but...

as long as Finley is playing like he is, we might stay out of trouble. It was kinda interesting some fans speculating Pop might bench Manu when he comes back and start Finley. Manu plays great game as bench or starter, and doesnt seem to mind, just jumps right in. One fan commented that it takes vets longer off bench to get into game, kinda disoriented.:confused: You think that's true?
  5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah. I believe it. At my age, it would take me a long time just to stand up and get off the bench to walk on the court. :laugh:
  6. barbara SanAntone

lol, darth

but, you would remember where you were, right? I was thinking, bench that plays only a few minutes a game may not be watching the game, may not be paying attention to what is happening, their mind is wandering, so when they're called in they don't know what is going on. I'll bet that happens a lot.:doh:

Well, gonna read how you guys played the Kings, we have them tonite:nod:

Pistons did a great job on the Bulls last night. Press gives no notice of them. It really gets me, they talk about Heat and even Knicks losing, but nothing about Pistons. Oh sure, they talk about Spurs because we have the target on our back, but they have got to realize sooner or later that it will be Pistons in the East and Spurs (maybe?) in the west. We're getting some competition:frusty: .

Good luck on bobcats tonight. Better luck on 12/19 Grizzlies scare me.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

the grizzlies

Pau is prety soft so i don't think we'll have too much of a problem there. the pistons just can't let eddie jones get hot from outside. tough challenge though pistons lost both games against the griz last year.
  8. barbara SanAntone

Oh, those grizzlies

We havent had them yet but we play them in Jan, right after Pistons on the 12th. Then 2 Grizzlie games one on 1/14 and 1/16 (unless I got my schedule mixed...why 2 games?):confused:
  9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

usually west coast teams play west coast teams 4 times twice home, and twice on the road, and if west coast teams play east coast teams they usually play twice once at home and once on the road. same goes for the east teams they play the teams in there own conference 4 times, and west teams twice. why i'm not 100% sure, but it probably has to with the nba not wanting teams to travel too much because it costs some money. i think it's that.
  10. barbara SanAntone

Well, Kings almost got us last night...

If it hadnt been for Tony Parker and Finley, especially Finley in clutch, we would have lost. Pop is pretty mad, Spurs playing soft, no aggression, except in spurts, inconsistant. Game was almost 1 point diff all game, after spurs lost 14 pt lead in 2nd quarter.:doh:

Announcers commented that some international media in booth irritated that Oberto not playing much and he is really good and should be playing a lot. Guys tried to explain to them that our bench is so deep, its hard to get minutes, even though Oberto is very good. Besides, Oberto understands NBA different from Euro basketball, and is still trying to fit in and he's not getting upset like the media. Hmmmm, think outside media trying to stir up something:confused:

Thanks HiMat for info, just hadn't seen scheduling of 2 team games together in my limited experience.:nod:
  11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What do you know, it's hard to get playing time on a good team. You need to tell that to everyone here.
  12. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

looks like spurs are having the problems the pistons had last year
  13. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Barb

Occasionally teams do play home-and-home back-to-backs. We have a set like that against Cleveland this year. They're pretty rare, though.
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

spurs lose to hornets 89-76.

chris paul was one assist shy of a triple-double, and spurs were outscored by 15 in the final quarter.
  15. barbara SanAntone

Yep, we got stung, baaaaad

Hornets were ready for us big time. They were good. Spurs never could come up to their game, no energy. And it wasnt because it was a back to back (late game in SA, trip to OKC and early game) because these guys are professionals, supposed to be able to take it. They just flat out got beat, physical and mental. Finley and Parker couldnt save us. In fact, Finley almost got in fight on floor. Anyway, some guy shouldered Finley, got a flagrant foul, Finley shoved the ball into his chest, Horry came over to break it up, anyway 4 technicals were issued. The angry Hornet said sometimes he "just gets like that", my my. Anyway, it was something like that.

Grizzlies are gonna gggggrrrrowl at Pistons. Pistons are too good so all the teams you play are going to go all out to getcha. But I think Pistons mentally have their stuff together, Spurs dont. Both teams are good, but I think at this point Pistons have edge. :nod: Good luck on game tonite
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

No one knows what causes that. Not playing well on a road back to back. Must be jet lag. It's a chance for a weak team to get a win against a strong team.
  17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

yep happens a lot just like in utah last week. can't let the blazers get by us tommorow hope our fans help.
  18. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Bogey man!

Bogut with 2 big hoops including the game winner at the buzzer against the Spurs. Take that Timmy boy!! :laugh:
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Don't mean to rub it in BSA, but how'd that feel?
  20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

now the pistons have a 2 game lead on san antonio. this christmas game will be huge.