Spree may still be possible

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Sep 16, 2005.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

According to Lansing sports talk in Lansing they were talking to an NBA Insider from Fox sports (I didn't hear the interview)... apparently he said Spree to Detroit is still not dead yet.

The only way this could happen is if Spree signed for the vet min or we did a sign and trade with the Twolves (Dupree & Delfino?)
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Spree Availability

Mercury I think if I were Joe, I would make that trade. We know what we will get out of Dupree, sporadic play at best when he's under the basket and no outside shot if he is away from the basket. The jury is out on Losfino, so if Spree is available for an extra 10 points off the bench when we go into an infamous scoring drought, I am all for it. His devilish ways better be on good behavior though..

:decision:
  3. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

spree... well?

but how will spree feed his family on that?

still, if spree comes here he won't need fancy things like a house or food. pistons fans love is enough to survive.

do the deal joe!
  4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Definitely.

I would do that deal in a heartbeat. Last I heard, he was close to signing with the Lakers though. ???
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Nice bench.

Arroyo/Hunter
    Evans/Spree
    Dice
    Davis/Darko

If Joe can pull this off, he should. That's a better bench than Charlotte or Atlanta has for starters.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Darn, I was looking for a smiley guy choking another smiley or some baby smileys that were starving to express my opinion on this possible acquisition, but couldn't find any.
  7. puertoricanballer

puertoricanballer First Round Draft Pick

Spree

I was just thinking the same:eyebrows: . I can see you guys love Spree, and that kind of deal ( Spree for Delfino and Dupree) sounds good on paper, but I think he'll be a chemistry-killer. Besides, he's too old and his skills are on the decline. Also I don't know if the salaries allow this kind of deal.
  8. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Spree..... Maybe....

YEah, I don't know about this......we trade a young often disgruntled and hard-to-satisfy-slowly-becoming-a-primadonna SG/SF in Delfino with a hardworking, no frills guy in Dupree for the old, skills-declining, malcontent in Sprewell.

Hmmm, I don't know. :doh:

Maybe if it were a short term contract though, and we could have him coming off the books so we can re-sign Ben or any of our core, then I say go for it. But otherwise, I really don't know despite the fact that he brings more offense to a now underappreciated and underrated bench. :eyebrows:
  9. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Spree

If :boxing: :crazy: Spree comes here he would provide scoring off the bench and a needed jump shooter that we are lacking. He averaged 12pts a game last year. Who do we have on our bench right now that can bring even 10pts a game consistently? McDyess is the only one the rest of the guy's we don't know what we are going to get.

Besides :boxing: :crazy: :crazy: Spree can always become trade filler later down the road.
  10. puertoricanballer

Spree

The reason he's not receiving too many offers these days is obviously related to his past behavior. If you add one more year to his age/skills, then any trade is going to take a lot to complete.
  11. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I think Spree would be a distraction. We saw him running in cliques in Minny. (He and Cassel) Saying they deserve more money.

With Evans, Dupree, and Delfino... how do you even justify bringing in Spree and his baggage? Young guys, fighting for the time, or an old guy who's going to expect it?

I don't like it.

And I also highly doubt that he'd take the vet's minimum.
  12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Unless he signs for a short term deal... his expiring deal would be very desirable to other teams.
  13. puertoricanballer

Spree

This is true if he signs for a lot of money. If he sign a cheap short deal ( which I doubt he will ), there is no point of trade him, unless of course, he becomes a distraction (i.e. bad teammate).