SPORTS BITE!

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by OLD SKOOL HQ, Nov 24, 2009.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I have a sports column on Facebook that I do every Monday morn called Sports Bite! Here's what I wrote yesterday. Let me know what you think.

MONDAY 11-22-09:

NFL: FUNNY weekend of games strating with Lions vs Browns. How bad must these teams be that Lions fall behind 24-3 to begin with.....that Browns let Lions come back to take the lead...that Lions give 37 pts to Browns...that Browns gave up 5 TD's to a QB who only had 6 all season...that Lions get saved on a pass interference hail mary...that Browns call a time out allowing stafford to get back into the game...that Lions win with no time left because they cant win with time ON the clock??? crazy..only to the Lions.

1. SAINTS....THOUGHT TBay would give them a tougher game
    2. COLTS...Manning is willing team to wins
    3. VIKINGS....Favre is loving his new toys and playing indoors
    4. PATRIOTS...are rounding into shape
    5. CHARGERS..told yall Broncos would sink!

NCAA: The state of football in Michigan is at a crossroads. Can RRod be that bad of a fit in AnnArbor? Yes. This is my state and I know how WE are. We would have been better to hire a Buckeye asst coach than RRod. (We did it before..Does the name BO ring a bell?)
    And D'antonio and MSU? please-cant they even go 7-4 or 8-5? The softest team in the Big 11 is still MSU.

1. TEXAS...McCoy best QB in the land
    2. ALABAMA...Better play in tougher games
    3. FLORIDA......weak NonConf schedule
    4. TCU......This year's Texas Tech
    5. GEORGIA TECH..better than BoiseSt and Cincy

NBA: The Pistons are rounding into the 37-45 team I predicted after getting swept on the left coast. And thats even IF Rip and Tay were healthy. But one of the 4 Piston guards will go and I could see Rip ending up in Dallas or GET THIS-DENVER!!! They aint trading Stuckey-he's gotta earn his keep. I like the three rookies. The season is a wash,so play them. And 2010, well, we'll see....

1. LAKERS...they are tougher than ever with Artest
    2. CELTS....strong D but I see them falling apart come May
    3. MAVS...when Dirk is on his game, they are tough
    4. NUGGETS...but still missing 'something'..Rip H?
    5. HAWKS...looking grown up

RIP-Pontiac Silverdome...I shot a free throw there that won me tickets to see Larry Bird in the 61000 fans game. I wont miss it though. What a barn!

COLLEGE BBALL: Spartans look very very good. They will be in the final four easy,but the big 10 road should be tough. I wouldnt waste too much energy in the season though. I cant see 6 teams beating them in MarchMadness. Wolverines will also have agood year, as Coach B's offense has now rooted in.

1. MICHIGAN STATE...so deep that Roe got 17rebounds off the bench today
    2. KENTUCKY..that Wall kid is good
    3. KANSAS...Consistent front court play is scary
    4. PURDUE...a nasty looking team
    5. VILLANOVA...sneaky good

NHL: Wings in finals yet?
  2. detteam

detteam All-Star

PUL-LEAZ! 2009 was a step back and they lost some tight games they shouldn't have, but your statement is silly. Look for State to go at least 8-4 next season. Oh, another thing...D'antonio coaches the Knicks :sssh:

You're on the money about DRod though. At least MSU had the sense to hire a Tressel protégé instead of an overblown yocal that sold out his own school. Dantonio's recruiting classes continue to get better while UM's get worse with Rodriguez at the helm.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

HQ, are you in The Low's PF.com Facebook group?

I'm still not on Facebook, I have been waiting for someone to launch a competitive service, hoping called Bookface (Jim Halpert joke).

Anyway, are you?
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep he's there.
  5. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

I still like the idea of Rich Rod's system. Although if he losses to MSU 3 years in a row, he shouldn't be coaching at any level.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Good to see they let you return. Your insight was missed. Welcome back. :tape2:
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agree with NFL rankings and the first 3 on NCAA FB, texas and Alabama definitely should be ahead of Fla. My spoiler NBA team in the west might be the Blazers but will go with your current top 5. To early for NCAA BB to judge who the best is IMO.
  8. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Heh. I'll take the fact that you even remember me as a positive.

As a UM fan that goes to MSU, I'd like the ability to brag while I'm actually enrolled in the school.

I'm going to disagree about that one point with the Spartans looking very good (the basketball team). In the one game against a quality opponent this year (Gonzaga), the front line failed to show up. That's the biggest question I have with this team. Roe still has periods where he looks completely lost out there and gets taken advantage of by bigs with post moves. Raymar has looked solid before he rolled his ankle, but I'd love to see him back at the level of two seasons ago. The jury is still out on Nix and Sherman, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far out of Nix. He can take up a lot of space in the post. I'm never quite sure what to make out of Dreymond Green, but he's enjoyable and makes plays. I think Kansas is the rightful #1 right now.
  9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I was being funny about MSU and Coach Dantonio. Sports Bite is all about taking a bite out of sports. But its not a fan's point of view, so its OK to take a crunch out of even your OWN fave teams...Come on-u know u WANT to..LOL
  10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Lemme tell u, Brother A, in all seriousness, FB has been a GREAT revelation for me and YOU KNOW how OLDSKOOL i am. I dont even like my cell phone!!!!
    I have made acquaintances with some great new people, expanded my fitness network and have a group called OLDSKOOLHQ RADIO where I only post music and vids pre- 1990!!
    But whats best is how I have reunited with old friends, and dare I say, evn ex-girlies! hahhahaha (They cant believe how fine I still am...:pound:)

I have a play TWIN sister from my college days at EMU. And we were thick as thieves-each other's confidents, but I havent spoken to her in maybe 10 years. We just spoke last night ,all thanks to finding each other on FB!

So give it a try. And yes I'm on PF at FB. But I get a lot of juice in here,so...
  11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

What I wanted to accomplish with Sports bite is to get all of you all's (wow -thats country!) to post your rankings and comments as well. I do the column every Monday.
  12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Good points, JB..But Ive seen all 4 Msu games and 2 of Kansas' and based on the fact that we beat pretty much the same Kansas team last year with the same team we have this year, I went with MSU as my early Number 1.
    Roe will be fine. 10 pts and 17 rebounds in only 23MINUTES vs Valpo is pretty good.
    Nix cant shoot a lick but he is a stronger version of Antonio Smith. He's a kid in man's clothes right now.
  13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

An unstoppable force has just met an immovable object.