Spartan Football

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Prediction for the main course:

Michigan State 34
    Hawaii 10

Wishful thinking for dessert:

Notre Dame 20
    U of Michigan 19
    (Not a Notre Dame fan but I'll take anyone over the blue team):p

MSU tee shirt...check
    MSU sweatshirt...check
    Spartan cap...check

I'm really curious. Almost everyone on here loves the Pistons, but are we divided evenly across the MSU and U of M lines? Who likes which school (if either).
  2. detteam

detteam All-Star

My sentiments exactly...I'm a State alum. Go Green! :)
  3. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

DarthTater

Big UofM fan here. If Michigan keeps playing like they are at the moment (down 14-3 at halftime) you may just get your wish.

BTW -
    Didn't State lose to those bums last year? I see a little deja-vu in your very near future. Oh, and a huge comeback for MI. :boxing:

Hawaii - 31
    State - 17

Michigan - 27
    Notre Dame - 24
  4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Uh oh

Is this going to be an MSU vs. UM kind of place? Well, UM is getting its tail kicked by Notre Dame. As usual, the preseason prognosticaters have seriously overestimated Michigan. I root casually for both UM and MSU as I'm not an alum of either school. Used to be a big UM fan, but I can't stand Lloyd Carr. I expect MSU to beat UM in Ann Arbor this season. Herrmann's defense couldn't sack a quarterback even if the opposing team's offensive line laid down instantaneously and led UM's defense by hand into the backfield.
  5. Darth Tater

Zoso: U of M doesn't have braylon to bail them out this year. I'm already calling my buddies in Michigan and offering my heartfelt "sympathies." LMAO. They are letting their answering machines pick up though. They know not to answer. It's gonna be the year of the Spartan. ***doing happy dance*** I'm sorry to hear you are a Meeechigan fan Zoso, you always had seemed like such a sensible guy. (You know I'm just talking this smack for fun and don't really mean any of this)

Gazoo: May those words go directly from your lips to God's ears! :)
  6. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I cheer for U of M regardless.

State is a sorry excuse for a college town. I really hope they don't do well this year, or there'll be riots. Or is that if they do poorly? I don't remember.

(I even cheer for OSU when they're playing State)
  7. Darth Tater

lol. Yeah they riot regardless. :whistle: It's like:clock: work. Every year you can count on MSU folks being investigated for destroying something and U of M folks being investigated for recruiting violations or perjury. :nono:
  8. Zoso

Hey man, you're preaching to the choir. It's going to be a tough year for UofM. Their defense is terrible, as ggazoo mentioned, and will most likely be the reason why they don't go anywhere this season. :ohwell:
  9. detteam

detteam All-Star

The MSU campus is beautiful and is a TRUE campus as compared to UM. East Lansing is a nice town. Don't let a few nutjobs and the Detroit media bias toward UM skew your perspective.

And speaking of nutjobs, what's with all the flashers around UM?

And then there's the subject of basketball :eyebrows:
  10. Darth Tater

You tell em' detteam. Plus we have most of the pretty girls.

btw... U of M has a basketball team???????? I didn't see them in the NCAA tournament last year. Were they in the NIT or something?
  11. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

"The MSU campus is beautiful and is a TRUE campus as compared to UM. East Lansing is a nice town. Don't let a few nutjobs and the Detroit media bias toward UM skew your perspective."

I speak from experience.

East Lansing sucks. No culture, no sense of self-respect. Maybe the campus is well maintained, but the rest of the town is a hole.

Ann Arbor is a real town, whether the college was there or not, there would still be a nice town.

If MSU moved out of East Lansing, the town would be as much of a dump as the rest of Lansing... no strike that... it would be the projects of Lansing.

Now that I don't have any friends attending MSU or LCC, the only reason I'd go to that town would be Elderly Instruments (the best guitar store in the world).
  12. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

State fans

Well, the good thing about being a Spartan football fan is that your expectations are typically pretty low. The bad thing about being a UM fan is the expectations are high and they are rarely fulfilled. I lived in California and attended the Rose Bowl when UM beat Washington State for the national title back in Jan. '98. Best sporting event I've ever been to. Woodson saved Carr that day. I figured a win like that would usher in an attitude in the UM football program to try and win national championships every season. But all I ever hear is that "we hope to win the Big 10 championship." It could be that UM wants academics to stay in the forefront and not be thought of a football factory, unlike Ohio State, which has no academic credibility.
  13. Darth Tater

Ann Arbor is too crowded and everything from hot dogs to houses are wayyyyy over priced. They do have one thing though...Zingermanns (sp?)deli. **salivating at the thought**
  14. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

Yea but last year they had Timmy Chang. Thats quite the difference. And they suck this year. I dont think we would be 34 point favorites if they were as good as last year.:rolleyes:
  15. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

Oh yea I forgot......

Michigan's gonna LOSE!:pound: 17-10 with 3 minutes left.

Oh wait, its the officials fault right, my bad:rolleyes: .
    What happened to that "high powered offense"??

oh man i'm lovin this....
  16. Darth Tater

Yeah, it was the officials fault or else the fans wouldn't have littered the field with debris!

Don't worry wolverines, the Spartans will do the job for you against big bad Notre Dame next week!!!!!!
  17. Darth Tater

28 - zip at the half. Gotta love it! :laser:Hawaii
  18. Zoso

Where's my crow?

Well, what can I say? No, it wasn't the officials. The team just flat out choked. Simple as that. Watch that #3 ranking drop like a rock now, as it should. Heck, we all know it was way too high to begin with. It will hurt them in the rankings the most that they lost a home game to such a low ranked team.

Michigan always loses at least one game a year that they shouldn't. UofM fans have to hope that was the one game this year, but it probably isn't. They'll probably drop one or even two more, wouldn't suprise me at all really, with the way the defense is playing.

What I'd like to know is what was the deal with the starting RB (his name escapes me. Hart maybe?) not playing? That was interesting.
  19. Darth Tater

I was talking to a friend on MSN early in the game. He told me their rb got hurt. I think that was his name (Hart).

Yeah, they were ranked too high to start the year after losing so many key players. They looked pretty bad and had lots of chances to win. I was kind of surprised they didn't pull it out given their history.
  20. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Even after a loss I still admit to being a UM fan.:violin: Losing Hart hurt but they had thier chances on offense they blew it the defense didn't do great but gave them the turnover towards the end they didn't capatilize.

They were imo way overranked,like tater siad to many key loses.I don't particularly like State except now that I been transplanted into green country driving through campus on a warm day watching the half-nekkid hootches runnin around.Guess East Lansing is good for something a couple months out the year.

But even with all the problems UM has

UM-26

:sick: MSU-21