Sour Notes: Volume 1 Track 4: Interlude

Discussion in 'Pistons and Basketball Articles' started by Pwn Toney, May 16, 2006.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

…The most wonderful time of the year….II

Say kiddies…what’s shakin? What’s that? Your knees you say? It’s playoff time???? Well Hell Yeah Boys! Buy the beer, order the pizza, and get your favorite projectile out of the closed to toss at your set 'cause the Pistons are freaking playing like crap!

Needless to say we are all glued to our TV sets every other day. But now, that is broken up by days spent avoiding newspapers, SportsCenter, and the sound of Charles Barkley's voice.

[floatl]http://www.pistonsforum.com/images/picdump/sournotes/bilbo-stern.jpg[/floatl]Well, well, well. What do we have here? The Pistons now forced to 6-7 games by a mediocre team with one superstar. Bilbo Stern couldn't be happier. Thanks to the boys in red, white, and blue we now have to worry about playing the CAVALIERS in an extended series. Why? Let us count the ways:

1) FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! STOP TRIPLE TEAMING LEBRON JAMES!

How many Brent Mussberger screaming orgasms must you sit through before you realize that he KNOWS how to find the open man. If I have to sit through one more quarter of (insert Pistons player name here) running to the corner with the "oh sh**!" look on his face as the Cavs make a 3 I'm going to hurt someone.

This is absolutely stupid and is killing us! Only retarded people and some lower forms of animal life don't learn from their mistakes.

2) KNOCK SOMEONE ON THEIR ASS!

[floatr]http://www.pistonsforum.com/images/picdump/sournotes/snow-wave.jpg[/floatr] You would think Moses has developed a killer crossover and had a lighting quick first step the way the lane opens up for these guys. BE MEN! Stop with all this pulling the ball out of the net thinking you're going to get it back on the next play. This is a team built on DEFENSE and there is none of it to be found during crucial minutes of the game.

There is NO REASON for Eric "freakin" Snow to be getting into the lane with ease and NOT having someone name Wallace give him a Spaulding Tattoo for his troubles. I'm SICK of watching this west coast style of D where everyone just tosses up shots and watches to see if it goes in.

STOP IT. I DON'T CARE if its more fun to watch. I WANT WINS!

[floatr]http://www.pistonsforum.com/images/picdump/sournotes/flip_seat.jpg[/floatr]3) Someone please inform the coach that he is indeed the coach and not just a guy with the best season ticket package in all of sports.

That guy watches more games from the sideline without actually coaching than I've ever seen in the history of sports. Not only does he continuously run Mo Evans out there every night, he has even resorted to putting him on Lebron James.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???

Evans has been huge for
    Cleveland in this series. Evans has constantly shown this season that he can guard stronger players that attempt to get into the paint, but he has also show that he is laughable against quicker finesse players that are jump shooters and slashers. I, for one, have no interest in watching this guy get torched on national TV from the top of the key repeatedly....AND ESPECIALLY NOT IN CRUNCHTIME.

A small suggestion. Coach your players idiot! When jump shots are not falling, STOP TAKING THREE POINTERS, My God! Take the ball to the hole, run other plays, but for all our sanity, make them stop hoisting 3's.

How thick do you have to be before this kicks in. As a side note, if your jumpers are not falling, 5 straight shots 10 sec into the shot clock isn't going to get you back into a game, or keep the 2 point lead you miraculously managed to procure.

4) Still think that getting outscored in the paint doesn't matter?

5) Post the DAMN basketball

6) RIP stop reaching around #23...HE IS KILLING YOU. Play him straight up and defend without reaching. LEARN!

[floatr]http://www.pistonsforum.com/images/picdump/sournotes/jake-the-kid.jpg[/floatr]Look, many of you are all gung-ho and pro-Pistons and never want to hear anything bad about your team and they can never do wrong. I sincerely hope it's quite painless when the truth hits you right in your 3-D Pistons colored glasses. Look at what's going on, if this continues, you will be asking me what I'm planning to focus on during the VSL because we damn sure won't be playing in June with this crap.

[floatl]http://www.pistonsforum.com/images/picdump/sournotes/lemon-sm.jpg[/floatl]
    Yes, I'm sour.
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Very good post. I enjoyed it. You were right on the mark with your points summarizing the last couple of games.

I do think it will all change with the home court. If not, I'll send you a smelly old fish.

LMAO@Bilbo Stern:laugh:
  3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Good stuff Low. You're the antithesis of the homer mentality. Not sure how much posting up we'll see the Pistons do, however. If Sheed is still hurt, who's gonna post up? I definitely agree with your thoughts on defending James. Just play the guy straight up.
  4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Great post, Low, although my eyes are going to burn out of my skull if the current trend of my constantly being subjected to images of little shirtless dancing boy continues.
  5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

LOL.

I saw an article saying the kids' dad is named Brian Binke. I remember him from Junior high and high school (Southfield-Lathrup). Nice guy...total dork and goof ball. His kid looks like he looked.

We had some extra tickets to a Deep Purple concert and sold them to him. He sat by us. I don't remember him dancing without his shirt though.
  6. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

The perfect complement to this was Flip coming out just to be an ass in my opinion and saying: "He came and played well,"

What an ass.

Maybe we should start cheering for Flip to put Mo in because he said that wouldn't work for players and that his players better hope the fans never start cheering for them to be put in cause he won't do it.
  7. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Nice work Low! Man you sure are sour:laugh: A regular Oscar the Grouch.