Some Fantasy Questions

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Dirk Diggler, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Second Round Draft Pick

would you???

give up Iverson and Manu to get Lebron and Iguodola?
  2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

If you can get it...I'd take it in a heartbeat. Iguodola has a tremendous upside while Lebron might be the fantasy MVP this year. I'd be all over that trade!
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I agree with Motown.
    I sincerely doubt that person will make that trade. He'd be nuts. He must have had a top 2 pick so obviously he wants Lebron. Most likely he could have grabbed Ginobli with his #2 pick after that also. So I'm saying that if he wanted Iverson & Ginobli over the guys he has he would have picked them.
  4. Dirk Diggler

the thing is, is that I have already offered him Iverson and Childress for Lebron and the only reason he turned it down is because he already had 2 Phili players, he didn't want 3, so in that sense this trade would be better for the dact he'll still have 2 Phili players but he'll also gain Manu
  5. Dirk Diggler

one more ?, would you drop Jim Jackson to pick up Bonzi Wells, the reason I am thinking this is because it looks like Bonzi is starting this year and Jackson is coming off the bench, also Jackson is getting older whereas Bonzi is suppose to have a better year (change of scenary) the only reason I am hesitent is because with Amare out that might mean more out of Jackson.......whats your take?
  6. MotownPride

I would probably pull the trigger on that free agent pickup..as long as you are not in the need of a 3 point shooter. Wells will most likely have a better all-around season in Sacramento as James Jones seems to be taking up the offensive slack during Amare's absence in Phoenix instead of Jackson.
  7. Dirk Diggler

with Bogut getting screwed with the Magloirepick-up would you drop Bogut and pick up Nene? Nene is gonna have a career year tis year am I right????
  8. MotownPride

Nene is predicted to get big minutes this year but to be honest he is a crap shoot. He's been dealing with health problems the past couple of years.

If I had to choose...I would probably say that Nene is going to be more productive this year. Magloire should have a great season this year in Milwaukee and Bogut will be brought along slowly.

On another note, Paul is looking like a clear favorite for rookie of the year now.
  9. Dirk Diggler

would you rather have Marquis Daniels over Jim Jackson and Bonzi Wells. I know Im gonna lose in the 3 pointers if I give up on Jackson but Daniels just might be better than those 2 guys, what would be the downsides of getting Daniels over Wells or Jim Jackson
  10. Dirk Diggler

I'm looking to trade either Jalen Rose and Donyell Marshall or Jalen and Caron Butler for a centre, which centres could I target for either pair????
  11. MotownPride

sorry looks like this question slipped through the cracks.

It will be difficult to get fair value for your combination of players as Centers are a rarity in most leagues escalating their value.

Your best bet might be....

Emeka Okafur - currently slumping but will definitely turn it around

Good luck to you.
  12. Dirk Diggler

Chandler??????

what to do about Tyson Chandler???? Earlier in the year I picked up Chandler for Rip.....boy am I regreting that now, however we all know that Chandler is stinking it up, how much longer should I hold on to him, and what are some possible replacements via trade or free agency?? thanks
  13. Dirk Diggler

Okafor

would you give up Caron Butler to get Okafor
  14. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

Re: Okafor

I would, but I'm not sure if Okafor is going to be back before the All-star break. I'd wait as long as you can, maybe a week or two...
  15. MotownPride

Re: Okafor

my bad. I slept on this one...

Butler for Okafur?

hmm...well...

Butler is ranked slightly ahead of Okafur for the season. Bulter appears to be more injury-reliable. In nine category leagues, Butler is superior to Okafur in 6 stats by average:FG%, FT%, 3PTS MADE, PTs, ASTs, STLs, and TOs.

Talent for Talent...I keep Butler.

If you have a dire need for a center and you can afford to wait for his return...I would probably pull the trigger as Okafur's initial stats for the season have been unpredictably inferior to his rookie campaign. Look for Okafur to rebound with strong a second half.

Keep in mind that if you do go this route you could have alot of DNPs in your future as Okafur's return has yet to be announced. Be careful. Number one rule (as my colleague JDMISER says)...make the playoffs!
  16. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Re: Ron Artest

hey micro,
    can we split this off? its not about artest and its interesting enough if someone wanted to look at okafor/butler comparisons. :confused:
  17. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Re: Slippy's request

So it is written, so shall it be done. ;)
  18. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

I have jermaine o'neil in one of my fantasy leagues and he went down for 8 weeks with a groin tear. he is claiming that it is partly because he came back from pneumonia to soon. anyway should I cut him and pick up say juwan howard who is doing ok or should I go for foster who will pick up most of o'neils minutes. I have 3 other centers to pick up some of the slack so going for howard could work or should I go with foster :frusty: :frusty: arrrrrr my head hurts already
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Here is the thing to consider.

Will you make the playoffs? That's the most important thing right now. Waiting 8 weeks for JO (he'll probably come back sooner because if anything, he's a warrior and will play with pain) could kill you if you still have Amare as well.

I don't have anyone to trade for Amare anymore but maybe you can make a trade for someone who plays NOW (elsewhere in the league) and then keep JO while adding one of his backups to replace the weakest man on your roster.

That's the kind of move I would consider.

Don't waive guys. If my roster was just a little bit fresher, I would trade for an injured JO but right now I've got Radmanovic, Pachulia, Wells, Rahim, and Hughes (off the top of my head) all banged up or out.
  20. MotownPride

great advice.

I am in a similar dillema as I have J.O on all of my fantasy teams. Win now or stack up for the playoffs? Tough call. I would say, if you think your team is strong enough w/o J.O to make the playoffs go for it! Otherwise drop him and use the spot to secure a playoff birth.